Chapter 2

TRUE love

                   Hilary is driving together with her friends, Jared, Micky and Euann. The friendship started when they had the same group in Biology class in Middle school, they got along well and started hanging out after class. They became closer when the two boys defended them from the girls who bullied and called them names. Jared and Micky shook their heads when they found out the reason why the girls bullied them. They were envious of the attention that they were giving to Hilary and Euann. From then on they were always together that their classmates thought that there was something special going on between Jared/Euann and Micky/Hilary. The two girls were secretly jubilant because some of the girls in the school envied them because they thought that they were in a relationship with the two famous guys in school. After High school Hilary got upset when the three studied University abroad but they promise to keep in touch via Skype and Kakao Talk. Nothing has changed with their friendship. After graduation the three arrived in Korea and immediately set a date to see each other. They decided to spend a week or two in Hilary’s countryside in Gapyeong.

“I’m really excited about this trip; I really missed all of you!” Euann exclaimed and abruptly hugged Jared who sat beside her at the back of the car. Hilary and Micky gave an intriguing look to Euann. She removed her arms and gave them also a hug. While Jared looked out the window and enjoyed the scenery.

“Micky chuckled “You really missed us especially Jared don’t you?” she asked Euann and laughed when he saw her blushing. “Why are you blushing? You really like Jared don’t you?” he teased again and saw how awkward she was.

“Hey! Stop it! She’s not amused by your teasing, can’t you see how self-conscious she is right now” Hilary said and hit Micky’s shoulders. “Don’t worry Euann, Jared won’t mind if you like him” then wink at Micky and both of them laughed harder and Euann hit them and gave an awkward smile to Jared. The two laughed again.                                          

“Hey! You can’t blame her after how many years of not seeing each other” Jared explained then hugged Euann. She’s still hoping that he’ll have a change of heart towards her. She gave a winning smile to Hilary and Micky and stuck her tongue out.

“So Jared, are you staying here in Korea for good?”

Hilary asked changing the topic. “Maybe, I’m not yet sure. My dad wants me to put up a business in Seoul” he replied.

“I heard your clothing line business is doin’ great in US” Euann said joining in the conversation. “You must have a branch here. It will be a big hit for sure!” she advised.

“That’s a brilliant idea! Korean teens and young adults would love the design of your clothing line and those who loves fashion.” Hilary approved.

 “I know right!” Euann chortled and gave a high-five to Hilary.

 “And I would like to recommend my cousin, she’s a fashion designer and I bet she’s gonna be an asset to your company. Hilary proudly said to Jared. “I will also tell to our editor in chief to feature your clothing line in our magazine” she continued.

“Now that’s a brilliant idea Hilary!” Micky said and Hilary smiled at him.

“Thanks guys but I’m not yet sure, There are lots of things to consider” Jared said. “What about you bro?” he asked to Micky.

“I’m here for a vacation and I’m going to attend my cousin’s wedding two weeks from now” he answered. By the way bro, about the business thingy, you should consider their suggestions.  I think it’ll be good on your business. Hmmm, or maybe you have a girlfriend in US so that’s why you’re uncertain” he chuckled with his joke and wink at Hilary.

 “Yah Jared! You didn’t even bother to tell us” Hilary said sounded upset. They have seen a deep frown on Euann’s face. The two tried to hold back their laughter.

“No, I don’t have” Jared said briefly and remembered someone. “Don’t get jealous, okay!” and looked at Euann then laughter filled the car.

They were savoring the moment and talked a lot of things. Hilary wasn’t aware of the person crossing the street and almost hit the young lady. Micky quickly stepped on the brake. They all moved out of the car and see how the condition of the girl is.

“I’m really sorry for what happen. Are you okay?” Hilary worriedly asked. She bent her knees to sit up.

“You should be careful next time, if you’re going to cross the street make sure...” Euann wasn’t able to finish her sentence when Micky patted her back. That means that she should keep quiet.

Jared was about to aid the young lady to stand up when out of nowhere a young man hugged her. “Krystal what happened? Are you alright?” Eli asked anxiously. They agreed to separate for them to easily find Natasha. He can’t seem to find her so he decided to follow her.

Hilary was astonished when he heard him called Krystal. She moved closer and fixed her hair to see her face. It’s her cousin Krystal that she hasn’t seen for a while. She stood her up and clasped her and rubbed her back. “Krystal, this is Hilary your cousin.” She removed her arms and put her hands on her face. She saw that she’s on the verge tears. Their eyes met and Krystal threw her arms about her and eyes were filled with tears.

“We need to find her unnie” she sobbed.

“Shhhhh, stop crying! Find who?” a clueless Hilary asked and saw how agitated her cousin was.

She just continued crying so Eli answered her question. “Natasha she is the granddaughter of your grandmother’s best friend. We’ve been looking for her for almost half an hour but we can’t still find her.”

“You might want to call her.” Euann recommended.

“We don’t know her number” he said and Euann was surprised with his answer. How come that they didn’t know her number? She thought.

“Is something bad happened to her?” Micky asked.

“I was on my way home when I saw Natasha running and five men were chasing her…” Krystal finally said.

“What! five men?!” Hilary and Euann said in unison. The guys were astonished of what they heard.

“We must find her as soon as possible, let’s asked people that will pass our way” Jared suggested. He was amazed by his actions. He doesn’t know why he care for this girl that she even know and meet yet but he has this gut feeling that this Natasha will be an important person in his life.