chapter 1

TRUE love

 

                  Natasha is holding a photo and headed to the roof top balcony. She stared at the photo for a few minutes and closed her eyes. Now, half a decade has passed and she’s still can’t move on from what have happened after her school meet. She opens her eyes when she heard a loud noise. She gazed above and was in awe at the multitudeof shapes forming in the sky. There’s a crackling sound as the fireworks burn out and leave a trail of bright sparks. It was eye catching! She noticed a couple and family who are watching the fireworks. The man is hugging her woman from behind with their hands intertwine. The family, sat down on the wooden bench while taking pictures. She had tears rolling off her cheeks and wiped them.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

            It was a beautiful Sunday morning and Natasha decided to go out for a walk wearing a white strapless dress with slim brown belt and paired with crinkled leatherette jacket and brown boots and put on her long wavy light brown hair. It’s springtime but the weather was surprisingly cold. She walked with her hands in her jacket pocket. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom and the scent of them wafts through the air. Subsequently, she heard a whistle from a group of men. She ignored them and continued walking, to her surprised they were following her. She made an elaborate detour and dashed away but they were able to corner her and formed a circle for her not to escape. She’s disgusted with the smirked on their hideous faces. She punched one of them on the chin when he tried to touch her. They were stunned of what she did and heard an evil laughed, she was freaking out but she composed herself. Fortunately, she saw a bat and grabbed it then she started beating them using the bat. Shortly afterwards, she left out of the place.

She was sitting under a tree near the park. She was exhausted from running and decided to take a rest. She put her left hand at the edge of and saw blood. Her hair was disheveled; her dress was a mess, got a wound on her knees and scratches on her legs. She can’t go home like this.

She carefully removed her jacket because her arms are in pain. She covered her wound then saw a purple mark on her right arm. She closed her eyes to think what’s she’s gonna do next.

On the other hand, Krystal runs as fast as she can. She was taken aback about the incident that she had witnessed earlier. Natasha’s in trouble, she ran away to get help but when she returned she was nowhere to be seen. As soon as reached their house she put her hands on her knees catching her breath then “Grandmaaaa! Grandpaaaa!” she shouted at the top of her lungs. She wasn’t able to notice the people inside the house. “Hey! What’s the matter?” someone asked. She looked up and saw her cousins and friends (Sophie, Nicole and Eli). “Belle! Hollie! It’s nice to see you unnie! When did you arrive?” she excitedly approached her cousins and hugged them exuberantly. “I missed you!”

“We arrived 20 minutes ago. We missed you too!” Belle happily responded. She held her hands “by the way, why are you screaming grandma and grandpa’s name?” she asked.

Krystal redeemed herself and got serious. She opened to answer when Sophie butted in. “I know, it’s because of Natasha” she answered coldly.

“Sophie, don’t be like that” Krystal said. “Why don’t you try to know her better, let’s all be friends”.

“Did I say something wrong that you’re defending her and making me a bad person in front of them?” Sophie asked coldly.

“It’s not what I meant” she explained.

“Sophie will you please stop it!”Eli said. Sophie ignored him and moved towards Krystal. “Tell me, how well do you know her? Are you already close friends? As far as I remember she’s still ignoring you and you’re still forcing yourself to be close with her.” She retorted.

Krystal looked hurt of what she had said and heard murmuring.

“Will you please STOP!” Hollie said. Not liking the argument of the two. She remembered someone when she heard the name Natasha. Then, they stood there in silence, after a few minutes “Krystal who’s Natasha?” She decided to break the silence. “unnie, she’s the granddaughter of Grandma’s best friend.” She answered. “Is she here?”

“Nope, not here and don’t care” Sophie butted in again.

Hollie glanced at her. She knows that Sohie is a nice person and a good friend of Krystal. What’s with Natasha that’s making her mad and having this squabble with her cousin? “What’s the Family name of Natasha?” she asked to Krystal. Confused by the question but still answered it. “Kim, Natasha Kim”.

“Bingo!” Hollie said and they got more confused. Her phone rang and excused herself.

“I need to find her, I’ll see you guys later” Krystal said and turned her back when Eli stopped him. “I’ll go with you, I know you’re worried about her and so do I.” and held her hand. She looked at their hands and smiled at him “Thanks oppa!”She said and they ran outside of the house.

Sophie strode towards the door and yelled. “Where do you think you’re going?” she was pissed off when she got no response from her friends.

“Are you okay?” Nicole asked. “I’m all right, I’m in a good mood!” she answered sarcastically.

“What’s gotten into you?” Nicole gazed at her in disbelief. She doesn’t like the way her friend is acting right now and she walked away. Ashamed of what she had done Sophie also went out without saying goodbye to Belle.

“Where are they?” Hollie asked while putting her phone oh her purse. “Krystal and Eli went out to look for that Natasha as for Nicole and Sophie they left a few minutes ago and dunno where they are heading.”  Belle said.

“They’ll also try to find Natasha?” she curiously asked.

“I don’t think they will do that” Belle replied. “Unnie, why are you holding your purse? Don’t tell me you will leave me here alone.” She said raising an eyebrow.

Hollie gave a wry smile. “You know that I will not do that to you but...I’ll be back as soon as I can, see you!” she kissed her cheek and bid goodbye instantly when she saw her reaction.

Belle just rolled her eyes she can’t believe that she’s alone in this house. She gets her stuff and went to her room.