Chapter 10

TRUE love

            A week had gone fast after the school festival, Natasha was glad that in that event she was able to see her friends again. Her friends, after performing at CSIA, were invited to perform in a rock festival in Seoul. One Friday night she was surprised when they visited her. They were having a house party because Micky and his cousins were going back to Seoul the following day to attend the wedding of their cousin.

“Unnie, you’re friends are here” Belle said excitedly. “I hope we always have handsome guests to visit us every day or better yet stay in our house!” then giggled.

“Yah! What are you trying imply?” Shorry asked who was standing next to her, and then Belle made a face that all of them laughed, and then they enjoyed the night.

Natasha was woken up by the noise of the alarm clock. She turned it off then sat down on the bed and noticed that she’s not in her room. Krystal was suffering from severe headache earlier and wanted her to be her nurse so she agreed because she kept on clinging on her and saw the pain on her face, they stayed in Krystal’s room and gave her medicine, after a few minutes she was already asleep. She put the blanket on her body and arranged her pillow and lay on the other side of the bed because she’s already sleepy.

She stood up and set off to her room. She saw a card on her bed and read it with eyes slightly open. Unnie go to the rooftop after reading this – Krystal. She threw the card and lay on her bed blinking sleepily again but got up and headed to the rooftop. It caught her by surprise when she saw Jared, holding a card and there’s a candlelit dinner for two.

Yes, he’s here together with her friends and Micky went back after the wedding to spend more time with his friends but he doubted that maybe because of Hilary so that’s why he came back. But anyways, she noticed that Krystal is consistent in getting them closer. If they are hanging out Krystal would invite her to join them and then she would excuse herself and told the others to excuse themselves too…weird! She also noticed that he’s just listening every time someone’s talking or telling a story, but when it comes to her, he’s trying to be funny by telling stories, making fun of her which annoys her and make her smile and looking at her intently like there’s no tomorrow. She doesn’t talk that much because her mind is clouding every time they are together, crap! She wanted to hurt herself badly by hitting her head really hard.

He saw her and smiled as if he’s already expecting her. He went closer to her then showed the card on her and said. “Krystal told me to wait for you.”  And he smiled again. How come he keeps on smiling? She thought. Maybe he knew that he’s more handsome when he smiles and she thinks her heart wants to race because it keeps on beating fast every time she’s with him. kekeke. Omo! She should act normal like she doesn’t like him. Like???

She felt his hands on her cheeks pinching them, interrupting her thoughts and her face heat up she looked at him and smiling wildly.

Jared stared and watched with amusement to see her acting this way. He was asking her some questions but not ansewring and like she’s thinking something so he threw the card and pinched her cheeks and felt them heat up. He can’t help to smile at her.

All of a sudden Krystal approached them. “Unnie I’m happy you’re already here. Oppa’s been waiting for you…” she saw his index finger on his lips telling him to keep quiet. “As I was saying I prepared this whole thing for both of you. I appreciate what you have done to me earlier specially you unnie” then she hugged her unnie tightly.

A simple thank you would do.” Natasha said and the two just looked at her then “I want you both to enjoy this meal and also get to know each other.” Krystal continued while staring at her oppa. She giggled and instructed them to sit down. “I will just go to the kitchen and get something. Enjoy your dinner unnie and oppa” she smiled and hurriedly went to the kitchen.

“Let’s eat!” Jared said smiling

“Neh” she answered. Is his jaw not hurting? He keeps on smiling. She thought then started eating not looking and talking to him then Krystal returned holding a bottle of wine.

 “Aigoo! I told both of you to have fun but you’re not talking to each other.” She said looking at Jared and said aigo again.

“Aigoo three minutes has just passed” looking at his watch “of course we are going talk” he explained then opened the wine and poured some into his glass while Natasha was just looking at them and after a few minutes.

“Aigoo!” Krystal exclaimed again shaking her head looking at them. “Do you really wouldn’t like to talk and start a conversation?” she asked.

“Do you have anything to do? You’re disturbing us.” Jared asked instead.

“Yah! Ajusshi! I’m giving you…” Krystal said can’t believe him saying those words to her.

“Yah! Who told you to call me ajusshi?” Jared yelled and stood up and Krystal went behind Natasha. “Wae? What’s wrong with calling you ajusshi?” Natasha asked defending Krystal.

“Yah Ahjumma don’t defend her!” he saidthen looked at Krystal who is now hugging what he called ahjumma.

“Yah! How dare you to call me ahjumma.” She said and her eyes became even smaller that he started laughing. He kept laughing then Natasha got the hanky on her lap and threw it to him and murmured to Krystal to get ready to run.

But before something happens, Nicole and a friend were walking towards them.

“Did we miss something? We heard all of you shouting.” Nicole asked, giving them a confused look.

“A- ah nothing, we’re actually planning to go to the living room when you arrived.” Krystal explained. “Oh Jill, it is nice to see you here” she smiled changing the topic. Jill is one of their nicest friend and classmate. She has her own set of friends so they don’t hang out that often.

“By the way unnie, oppa this is Jill our friend and Jill this is Natasha unnie and Jared oppa.” Nicole introduced them.

“You’ve got a beautiful friend Nicole.” Jared complimented then Krystal and Natasha looked at him and raised their eyebrow.

“Kamsamnida!” Jill accepted the compliment and bowed.

“Jill is here because of you unnie.” Nicole said and everyone glanced at Natasha.

“What did you do to this beautiful lady?” Jared asked.

“Yah! Neo micheoseo? I don’t know her and I’ve never seen her before.” She angrily said.

“Aniyo, aniyo! Unnie didn’t do anything bad, mianhe unnie” Jill apologized, paused for a while and continued. “You really don’t remember me unnie?”

“No, I don’t” she answered and looked at her then Jill handed her a newspaper and saw her face kissing her trophy as she held it aloft.

Natasha was surprised when she saw her picture on the newspaper. It was taken when she won on the school meet and was also the last time that she did gymnastics. She handed it back to Jill but Krystal grabbed it.

“Omo, it’s really you unnie. It says here Natasha Kim won again in school meet’s gymnastic competition and qualified to compete for US Nat’l championship. Daebak!” Krystal said “Unnie is so secretive we didn’t know that you’re a gymnast” then laughed teasing her unnie and the others also looked at the picture.

Jared got the newspaper and took a closer look at the picture. “It’s not her, the girl in this picture is so cute” then he moved closer to her, so close that Natasha moved away when she glanced at him.

“Yah! So you say that I’m not cute! Do you really wanna get hurt! Aishhh, you ajusshi” she glared at him.

“Yah! Ahjumma, you aren’t really cute okay, so just accept that” you’re not cute because you’re a beautiful lady he said in his mind then he smiled handsomely.

She’s about to hit him when Krystal stopped them. Natasha looked at Jill then said “Have we met before?” she asked.

“Neh unnie, we studied in the same school in California. You were really good in gymnastics that I watched every competition of yours, and then I found out that you’re looking for new members so I practiced a lot to be part of the team. I was practicing in our school gym when you saw me stumble. You helped me get up and showed me how to do double twisting back flip and told me to do my best so that if I pass we’ll be practicing together.” Jill explained. Natasha already remembered her but she still kept quiet then everyone looked at Jill when she opened her laptop and told them to watch a video.

The video starts with the girls having their warm up and she saw Jill and herself then…

Okay, they say I was born smiling and I dunno for some reason I can’t stop smiling when I’m out there. I just love what I do and I think it shows.” A series of clips were shown doing her gymnastics routine and always has that sweet smile on her face then “Hi I’m Eunjung “Natasha” Kim from Los Angeles California and I’m a gymnast.

Then showed clips of her competing..

Announcer: Natasha Kim showing tremendous composure and maturity for a sixteen year old.

Announcer: She is like an experienced veteran”

Announcer: Here is the sixteen year old Korean champion”

Afterwards, she talked about on how she started doing and loving gymnastics.

“My favorites are the floor and beam. Since they are my favorites, I work the hardest on them. When I’m competing lots of people are watching me, it’s really scary to think when I’m actually out there. I just picture myself in our school gym my teammates just watching me” clips were shown again, her skills in floor and beam and heard them say “omo” and “daebak”

“I always say gymnastics is about falling because you have to fall to make it perfect. It is a sportwhere there no such thing as failure but making yourself better as a person.” And this time clips were shown of her falling from the beam lots of times.

“If I get a gold medal in Olympics it would be the biggest accomplishments of my life. I mean it would be the biggest dream come true and a memory I will never forget.” END

All of them stared at her, Jared and the rest can’t believe that Natasha has this kind of personality. He didn’t expect and for sure the others also that the girl on the video has a carefree personality and has a positive outlook towards life. What have happened to the “old” Natasha? And the two girls wish that the “old” Natasha would come back.

Jill saw their amazed faces and said. “I still have a lot of unnie’s videos.” And they turned their gazed to her.

“What videos?” Simon asked and the rest showed up. She was again surprised to see her friends but happy at the same time. “Why didn’t you tell me guys that you’re gonna visit?” she asked then breathe a sigh of relief.

“Surprise!” James said then laughed.

“Let’s just go in the living room, it’s already crowded in here.” Natasha suggested.

Then Simon remembered the video. “What video were you guys talking about earlier?”

 “What video?” Mike asked and she doesn’t like it when she saw the smirk on his face.

“Ah it’s nothing! Come on! Let’s go the living room!” she answered not looking at them and guided them to go down.

“We were watching Natasha’s video!” Jared answered and smirks on her and she glared at him. She’ll hit him really hard later. He smiled when he saw that he annoyed her again.

“Ah jeongmal!” Mike said still having the smirk on his face.

“What kind of video?” Nick curiously asked.

“We’re watching unnie’s skills in gymnastics and she’ssssss really good!” Krystal proudly answered.

Natasha tapped her forehead and saw Nick and Mike having the same facial expression, she already knew what they were going to do.

“Andwe!” Natasha yelled that everyone looked at her and the three of them ran towards Jill's place to get the laptop. She ran fast but Mike was able to get it because he's near with her. Ah jajingna!

"Unnie doesn't want you guys to watch her video and I respect that and I don't want her to be annoyed, so I have my laptop now!" Jill said and saw the smile of her unnie's face. When Mike is about to give the laptop. James spoke. "Jamkkanman, I will make a deal" and they turned their on him. "You will let us watch her videos and in return we will let you watch some of her videos that I have."

"What kind of videos?" Jill asked.

"I will let you know once you agree on our deal." He said.

Sophie silently went downstairs and saw Euann, Micky and Hilary in the garden.

"Going home?" Euann asked, who idly sitting on the chair.

"Later unnie!" Sophie answered and sat beside her then all of them looked up to the rooftop because of the noise and suddenly Micky stood up smiling. "I will just go to the rooftop, wanna join me?" he asked looking at them.

"No thanks" "We're fine here" and "It doesn't matter" they all said in unison and Micky gave them a strange look and started walking then heard screaming and this time Sophie frowned.

“It’s time for plan A” Euann said when she saw her frowned and the two listened to her plan and smiled wickedly. They headed to the rooftop and join the others.