Chapter 5

TRUE love

                  It’s still dark when Natasha woke up. She her left side and Krystal was soundly asleep. She laid her back flat on the bed and looked up the ceiling. A lot of things happened to her yesterday and her thoughts started to wander.

She had a blissful life back then together with her two loving sisters and supportive parents. They were born and raised in US. When she was six years old, she saw gymnastics on television and told her Mom that she wanted to do that and her Mom signed her up for gymnastics classes. She was excited and nervous at the same time when she had her first training. They started forward and backward rolls as well as easy tumbling. It took her a little while to do the cartwheel since she couldn’t seem to keep her legs straight to the air. Hats off to her teacher she was able to do it. She was getting pretty good and could do walkover, handspring and tuck. After that, she did gymnastics everywhere she could. When she was eight, she was introduced to all apparatuses involved in gymnastics competitions. She really worked hard to excel in gymnastics. When she started competing Daphne, designed her own leotard for competitions and practices too. She wanted to be a fashion designer to design clothes on their clothing line business the “GDN Glam Couture” which sells women’s apparel. While Gayle, excels in academics wanted to take up a business course to help in their business. As for her, the youngest doesn’t know yet what she wants aside from gymnastics. Their parents were delighted with the support that they were getting from them. In return, they also support them with what they love to do and give everything they need.

In school, their prettiness had been much admired and getting much attention. They easily made friends and ignored those who were envious with them. When Daphne graduated High School she enrolled in Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. After two years, Gayle “the beauty and brains” as they call her took up business in a famous University in California. In her case, she’s a junior high school student and a member of her school gymnastics team.

Her sisters were in her room. Daphne’s designing her new leotard for her upcoming school meet. “Tashi that colors do you like to have this time?” she asked.

“Wanna try purple and white?” Gayle recommended.

“Hmmm, okay let’s have purple. Unnie I want a short sleeve leotard” she uttered to Daphne.

“That’s too revealing just go with the long sleeve” Gayle said and get the sketch pad on Daphne’s hand.

“Alright, I’ll do something about it” Daphne chuckled.

Mom knocked and entered her room, she reminded Tash about her practice. “You’ll be late on your practice. Go and get change” Mom ordered. She said okay and smiled then went to her closet.

“How about Jonas, will he accompany you?” Daphne inquired and their Mom sat on the edge of her bed beside Gayle looking at the sketch pad. Jonas is the son of her father’s business partner.

“No, he told me that he’s going to her Aunt’s house because his cousin will arrived now and that he’s cousin will also study here” She answered.

“Hmmm, are you already together?” Daphne looked at her inquisitively.

“No, our baby is still young, and we are the first one to know if they are already together, right baby?” Gayle faced her and smiled sweetly. She tapped her forehead and rolled her eyes and they laughed. She sat on the bed and Gayle kissed her both cheek and hugged her from behind then Daphne and Mom joined them. They giggled and fell on the bed. After a few minutes she put her gym bag on her shoulder and kissed them goodbye as she set off to school.

On the way to school

 “Hey Tash I can’t believe that I’m bumping into you” Jonas said beaming.

“Yeah fancy seeing you here oppa!” she said smiling back at him.

“On your way to practice?” he asked then she showed her gym bag and he got it from her.

“So, how’s your practice for the school meet?” he continued asking.

 “Haven’t you got anything to do to? Shouldn’t you be at your Aunt’s house because your cousin will arrive today?” she asked not answering his queries.

“Lots of questions it was postponed, he’ll arrive after the school meet. Aren’t you happy that I’m here” he said and winked at her.

So cute! She thought and stared at him.

“I know I’m cute!” he smiled and walked ahead of her. She giggled and strode towards him.

“Make me proud at the school meet. You always excel in your practices. Bring home the bacon. Okay! He stopped and pinched her nose. She nodded and they smiled to each other.

“Oppa are you going to watch me perform?” she asked.

“But of course I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” He answered and this time he pinched her cheeks. “I’ll be here for you no matter what happen, you should always remember that okay!” and kissed her forehead. He intertwined their hands and walked abreast.

 Tash is joyous, she has a loving family and a supportive soon to be boyfriend and she giggled. Jonas looked at her weirdly and she just smiled sweetly she like her sister Gayle and she laughed when she remembered the conversation they had about Jonas.

The day of school meet, crowds of students poured into the stadium just as Jonas predicted. She looked at the people sitting on the bench. She saw her friends, teachers and her lovely sisters but she can’t find Jonas who promised to watch and cheer for her. As the competition began, the crowd went wild cheering for their favorite gymnast. When it’s her turn to perform, she did her stunts flawlessly and got a thunderous applause. Everybody knew that she’ll get the 1st place and wasn’t disappointed when they announced the winners. After the awarding, her classmates, teachers, sisters and supporters congratulated her and told how beautiful she looked on her lovely leotard then they took some pictures. She’s still looking for Jonas, she wanted to hear something from him but failed. The sisters headed to the car and congratulated her again.

“We’re proud of you baby girl!” Gayle said and hugged her and Daphne too.

“Thanks unnie, I wish Mom and Dad was their earlier and see me performed” Tash said a lil bit upset.

“They had an important meeting; you understand this right, for our future?” Daphne said to ease the disappointment that she feel.

“I understood, it’s just so annoying that the meeting was today!” she said and her sisters can’t help but laugh. “By the way, have you seen Jonas? Do you think he was able to see my performance?” she asked.

Her sisters look at each other. “I don’t know!” they both said.

Then a luggage caught her eyes and Gayle handed her an envelope and she opened it and read the letter. She has been accepted into a music program in Portland.

“Sis, I will attend Portland Conservatory of music? but why? ho…w come? baffled by what’s happening.

“You always incorporate dancing in your routine especially with floor exercise and we noticed that you enjoy doing it. Because we support each and every one of us in what we love to do I took a video while doing your routine and sent them over to that school. Our baby is a good dancer so they accepted you!” Gayle explained and Daphne gave her a “good job look”.

“You’re absolutely right Gayle!” she said joyously and she gave her a weird look. “and you have to go there now, we’re now going to the airport. We packed all the stuff you needed” she continued.

“Seriously, now?? Why so sudden? What’s the rush? And why in Portland?” she asked. A question followed by another question. She has this feeling that there’s something wrong is going on.

“Because it’s a surprise” Gayle said and paused for a moment “and you were surprised!” then had this awkward laughed.

Daphne handed her some documents for her to keep and a new phone.

Later on, they heard a sob and right away turned to Gayle’s side. “Don’t cry unnie if you like I won’t go” Tash said and they both said no in unison and thought that it’s weird.

Gayle hugged her “I’m gonna miss you baby girl! I love you so much! You take care and I’ll always call you.”

“I’m gonna miss all of you too unnie. You should promise to call me everyday” she hugged her back.

“Yeah, we’ll try to keep in touch with you all the time.” Daphne said hugging them.

She cried and wiped her tears “What about Mom, Dad and Jonas? I wasn’t able to say goodbye.”

“They already know that you’re leaving today.” Daphne said and shot a meaningful look at Gayle.