Aegyo with Steamed Buns

Maknae Lessons

 

“Who’s teaching me today?” Sehun said as he gulped down his orange juice. All the fingers pointed to a boy with puffy cheeks that closely resembled So Hee from the Wonder Girls.

“I’m Minseok, but since I’m gonna be in ChinaI’ll be called Xee-Xio-Xiu Min.” he smiled cheekily.

“Oh, okay Minseokie hyung.” SeHun replied cutely, attaching a small nickname for Xiumin.

“Aigoo, you’re already ahead of your lesson,” D.O., as always the nagging mother, pinched Se Hun’s cheeks.

“What?” he tilted his head, giving an adorable blank look.

“You’re learning about aegyo today! Something that’s unavoidable for maknaes. Unless you want to go with the stronger image,” Xiumin said preppily.

Se Hun thought for awhile. He had seen many of his seniors do aegyo and knew that it would be him one day, if he ever made it to his debut.

In Koreait’s considered aegyo and everywhere else in the world it’s known as ‘what the hell are you doing’.

Se Hun kept pondering. But does the strong image really fit him? He isn’t a cold person and sometimes he really enjoyed aegyo because it gets him what he wants.

“Alright, I’ll do the aegyo thing.” He sighed into his hands and everyone erupted into cheers.

“Why are you all so happy?” he blinked.

“We clearly love cute maknaes better than evil ones,” Baekhyun explained while everyone else coughed ‘Kyuhyun-sunbaenim’ into their sleeves.

“You just don’t want me to reveal your secrets on TV, like Chanyeol-hyung’s sleeping habits-” Chanyeol leapt to cover Se Hun’s mouth.

“Yah! You’re spending a little too much time with Kyuhyun sunbaenim.” He scolded. Se Hun smiled widely as everyone laughed again. He felt much more accepted and free.

 

“As a member of a boy group, especially the youngest of one, it is expected for us to gain a lot of fans, majority of them girls. And amongst female fans there is a portion of them that are older females.” Xiumin explained.

“Oh, so do we do aegyo to get money off them?” SeHun looked excited.

“Is that even legal? If it is, we should totally,” Chen wiggled his eyebrows.

“Yah, don’t even think about that!” Su Ho and D.O. scolded at the same time.

“But we can receive gifts right? Noonas are normally richer so we get better gifts,” Se Hun said logically.

“Yes, but look, if we were the fan, would you spend a lot of money on everybody? Or would you just buy an expensive gift for your favorite member?” Baekhyun asked.

“Favorite member cause I’m always broke,” Chanyeol replied.

“Exactly, which is what we’re trying to develop Se Hunnie into. So he’ll get big gifts,” Xiumin said.

“Why are you helping your competition, though?” Lay asked. Xiumin was blank for a moment.

“EXO K and M, saranghaja? (let’s love)” he answered with the team cheer weakly. Everybody chuckled and he shrugged.

“Well, since I’m already assigned to do this, let’s start. Se Hun, what do you do when you want a noona to buy you a meal?”

“I don’t know any noonas,” SeHun stated.

“How about a hyung?”

“Will you guys even spend money to buy me a meal?” Se Hun grimaced.

“Dongsaengs?”

“Why would I do aegyo if I’m the one paying anyways?”

“GO AWAY SE HUN!” Xiumin roared in fake frustration.

“But it’s my lesson,” he blinked cutely.

“Se Hun, you…” he growled.

“I’m so going to reveal all your secrets on national television. All your albums…A-Pink? Girl’s Day? Oh, and don’t think I didn’t hear you mumbling about not getting Taeyeon’s photocard the other day while you were sleeping,” Xiumin threatened.

Se Hun’s face turned white. “They’re not mine! They’re…my hyung’s!” he protested.

“Right…and why would you have a copy of The Boys that says Se Hoon Fighting! On it?”

“Hyung please don’t say any more! I love you okay?” Se Hun begged and pouted, blinking his huge eyes.

“Nope.” Xiumin shook his head.

“Please? Pretty please with cherries on top?” he clung onto Xiumin and dramatically cried out.

“Not convincing.”

“Cherries and chocolate sauce and a copy of my SNSD album? Please? It’s Hoot! And it’s autographed! A-and I didn’t do much to the photo book so everything is in top condition! Please hyung?” Se Hun whined and everyone felt their hearts clench.

“Yay! You did it! That was pretty good aegyo/persuading,” Xiumin smiled widely.

“So you mean you didn’t know about my albums?” Se Hun asked weakly, in a state of shock. Xiumin shook his head and laughed.

“No, I was just describing Baekhyun, who knows you actually do like girl groups! And I’d like the album delivered to my room some time today, please.”

Everybody stared at Baekhyun.

“Hey! Don’t look at me! I’m not the one offering free autographed Hoot albums to traitors revealing my fanboy-ness!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Anyways, that was very good. People are normally good at doing cute things when they’re very desperate. It sends them into a state of shock and confusion where they have no sense whatsoever about the consequences of their actions.” Suho stated with philosophy.

 

“Pretend we are at a radio broadcast or variety show, and the host has asked you to do some cute things. What would you do?”

“I would thpeak like thith,” Se Hun replied in a nasal, slimy sweet voice.

“Honestly, Se Hun’s lisp makes him really cute,” Lu Han commented.

“You mean, ‘honethly The Hun’th lithp maketh him really cute,” Kris ruffled Se Hun’s hair in a grandfatherly way.

“Is that supposed to be nice?” Se Hun tilted his head and stared at EXO-M’s leader in confusion. “Do I say thank you or should I be offended?”

Everybody laughed and pinched Se Hun’s cheeks.

“It’s a good thing,” Tao said.

“Normally it’s good when people imitate you. It means you have gotten close enough with them that they’re not intimidated by your actions and can act freely around you.” Lay explained with his unicorn knowledge.

 

“Oh, but how come when I imitate D.O.’s nagging, he smacks me with a broom?” Se Hun hung his head like a guilty child.

“Kyungsoo hyung is always an exception,” Kai laughed and D.O. glared at him with big O_______O eyes.

“D.O. hyung’s eyes are really cool,” Se Hun smiled and went near him with interest.

“See! That’s natural aegyo. It’s really good. You’re doing great.” Chen smiled.

 

“I feel so pathetic, he doesn’t even need my teachings. I’m a freaking steam bun, I hold so much secrets about the art of aegyo,” Xiumin pouted and hung his head.

“As you can see in our culture nowadays, maknaes are born with cute talents. Except Chansung, he’s a different story.” Lay said again with his unicorn power of knowing cool things.

“Preach it, gull.” Chen cheered.

“Guys, this isn’t even Se Hun’s lessons any more, just a bunch of idiots about to debut talking about random things,” Suho rolled his eyes.

“It’s not like Se Hun even needs practice on aegyo, it’s a waste of time,” Xiumin laughed freely.

“Just finish the lesson and we could go get some bubble tea,” Se Hun suggested happily.

“Okay, do you know what’s the popular trend in Koreanowadays?”

“Bbuing bbuing.”

“Exactly. You will get a lot of unicorn points from doing perfect bbuing bbuing. Practice it,” Lay said again, bursting with unicorn power pride.

“Bbu-” Se Hun collapsed into giggles, covering his face with his hands.

“it’s so ridiculous!” he exclaimed.

“ridiculous is EXOtic,” Kris commented.

“Bbuing bbuing,” Se Hun tried again.

“EXO-llent!” Lu Han clapped his hands.

“Bbuing bbuing~~”

“Brilliant! EXO-traordinary!” Chanyeol cheered.

“Why is everyone doing EXO puns? Don’t EXO-rt yourselves!” Kai exclaimed.

“This is what we do as EXO-tracurricular activities!” Chen guffawed.

“Oh Krisus,” Suho muttered.

“We have a Krisis,” Chen nodded. “You’re all not going to get presents from Santa on Kristmas!”

“Why are we all punning my name? Does anyone want a TAOst while we think of more weird things?” Kris suggested.

“Yes, and TAOcos!”

Everybody left the living room and Xiumin and Se Hun were alone.

“Do bbuing bbuing one last time,” Xiumin encouraged.

“I want some KAIser rolls, hyung,” Se Hun whimpered.

“Just do some aegyo,” Xiumin rolled his eyes.

“Maybe we could get some XIUmints!”

“AEGYO.” Xiumin insisted.

“BBUING FREAKING BBUING, I WANT SOME EGGYEOL AND BAECON.”❀◕‿◕❀

 

---

...i am so sorry

i had this overdose on sugar today and i feel so heartbroken about smtown l.a. and me not being able to go just breaks me and i dont even know what to think .

i hope you find me hilariously boring so you can laugh anyways orz