Control with Tao

Maknae Lessons

 

“Gege, so Gucci just released their new catalogue online and-”

“Zitao, no.” Kris sighed.

“Oh, and we should go visit the zoo sometime because a panda-”

“Not again,” Kris shook his head.

 

“Why are you guys arguing so loud in the morning?” Sehun yawned as he came out of his room.

“We’re not arguing!” Kris protested.

“Yes, we are!” Tao shot back.

“Sure you’re not,” Sehun sipped his water nonchalantly. “Arguing about arguing; even Luhan and I aren’t to that degree yet.”

 

“Yeah, even though Kyungsoo pretty much hits me everyday, we haven’t stooped to your level yet.” Kai said, munching on a soft cookie, his eyes half-opened, like usual.

D.O. aimed a spoon at the back of Kai’s head and Kai flinched, dropping his cookie.

“I beg to differ,” he said, shrugging, used to it.

“But…we’re best friends, and best friends fight.” Tao protested. “Right, ge?”

Kris rolled his eyes. “We weren’t fighting, Zitao,” he sighed, stressing on the word fighting.

“Yes, we were. Not physically maybe, but verbally. And I swear, Kris, if Sehun hadn’t stopped us we probably would’ve developed into a physical fight.” Tao demanded.

“Look, friends ‘fight’ all the time, okay?” Kris ruffled his hair in frustration.

“So you admit we were fighting,” Tao said.

“Yes, but I don’t get the big deal, we were just expressing our opinions-” Kris began.

“Then everything else is alright! Why couldn’t you just admit we were fighting?” Tao said, brightening up immediately and giving Kris a friendly pat on the back.

 

“Wait, what?” Sehun and Kai asked in unison, confused at the quick change of emotions.

“What, what?” Tao asked, now too, confused.

“Why are you celebrating the fact that you were fighting?”

“No, I’m celebrating the fact that Kris acknowledges the fact that we’re fighting.” Tao explained.

“Are we learning how to fight today?” Sehun asked Tao excitedly.

“Do you really want to?” Tao asked, surprised.

“Yeah! Learning how to fight verbally and physically, wow, please, Tao?”

“Fighting verbally?” Tao’s eyebrow rose.

“Of course, I need to sharpen my verbal skills.”

“Why? So you could use it against me?” Luhan teased as he walked out of his room, looking gorgeous, and with his messy bed hair exposing his forehead, even more gorgeous.

 

“Good morning, jagiya,” Sehun said.

“Oh Sehun, don’t try to sweet talk me; you were clearly trying to learn how to argue with me.” Luhan retorted.

“That was when you were asleep,” Sehun muttered under his breath and Kai, close enough to hear, laughed loudly.

“Say it louder,” Luhan’s eyes narrowed.

 

“I said, ‘I’m ever so sorry, dear Luhannie hyung,’” Sehun fibbed.

“Yah, I’m going to go on my Weibo right now and announce that we’re over,” Luhan said, taking out his phone.

“Fine and I’ll go to my me2day and announce that we’re over.” Sehun said wittily, taking out his phone as well.

“Wait, really?!” Luhan exclaimed, dropping his phone in sheer horror.

“Of course not.” Sehun chuckled, pressing his inbox and quickly composing a text message.

“Check your phone, little deer,” he snorted at the feminine nickname of the older.

 

“I wanna be a supermodel, superstar, and posing on the magazines here and there and far~”

Luhan blushed and leapt on his phone, struggling to stop the ringtone.

“Ew, Luhan, ew.” Kris looked disapprovingly at him.

“Shush, Kris, as if your little Justin Bieber ringtone is any better.”

“Read the text message, Luhan ge ge,” Tao encouraged him and Luhan obeyed.

Dear little deer, we should go and get some bubble tea soon and chat, I love you~” Luhan read aloud and crooned at Sehun.

“Ew, Sehun, ew.” Kris looked disapprovingly at the youngest. “Just plain ew.”

“You’re just jealous,” Chen remarked from the side, eating D.O.’s bibimbap.

“Jealous of what? Sehun’s nonexistent cheese?”

“Psh, I bet you couldn’t compose a text as y as mine. You’d probably say something like… ‘you wanna make out? Maybe next time.’ ” Sehun blatantly said.

 

“Hey, I’m trying to start a lesson here,” Tao said loudly.

Kris bowed and gestured a hand towards Tao. “Sorry, your highness. Please continue.”

“I bet he actually got that text once,” Kai whispered but Tao shot him a displeased glare and he immediately closed his mouth. D.O chuckled.

 

Tao cleared his throat. “We’re learning about how to control your emotions,” he announced.

Everyone else burst into laughter. “That’s a lot coming from you at once, Zitao,” Lay managed to say as he laughed.

“Watch it, I’ll slay off your unicorn horn!” Tao said, and then quickly flushed red.

“Shh, Yixing ge, I’m starting my lesson.” He corrected himself shyly.

 

“Keeping your emotions in check is a very important thing. If you’re on a show, at a concert, or at a fan meet, you have to know that always reacting the way you want to might be bad for your image. If you’re mad or displeased, keep it inside then off-camera, you can tell someone.” Tao explained.

“It’s funny how Tao is so young but his lesson is so much more philosophical than ours,” Xiumin whispered to Luhan.

“He’s a bundle of surprises,” Kris said proudly.

“You sound like his mom rather than a friend,” Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Listen up!” Tao trilled then softened his voice.

“Say, Sehun, if you’re really happy, you have to make a decision. Do I want a video of me jumping and crying for joy across the internet, or do I want to celebrate it at home where nobody can see me?”

“But if you were happy, wouldn’t you want to celebrate it with everyone else, including the fans, MC’s?” Sehun asked innocently.

“But there are people out there that always wants to know more than they should,” Tao rebutted.

“But if I celebrate, I would know the consequences and therefore think about who I celebrate in front of.”

“Sehun, you blithering idiot-you wonderful lacking child…” Tao quickly saved himself. “Why are you always arguing?”

“I was just trying to comprehend your orders completely,” Sehun smiled cheekily.

 

“Guys! Oh, guys~! I have news!” Suho ran in, barely tripping over the pairs of stranded shoes in front of the door.

“Listen up! The messenger bears announcements!” Lay trilled and Suho shot him a grateful smile.

“We’re debuting!” Suho jumped up and down happily.

“Nooooooo, that’s exactly not why we recorded an album and filmed a billion teasers!” Kai said boredly.

Suho looked at him with a wary glance.

“Let him continue,” Xiumin said.

“We’re debuting. In three days.”

 

“WHAT?!” the boys exclaimed.

 

“Yeah, I just got the management’s message. They’ve scheduled our debut showcase in three days, so that tomorrow is our final practice and the day afterwards we have a day of rest or wherever we want to go to. After that is M’s debut in China, and that’s it. We’re official.”

“Oh, Kim Joonmyun, if only you could be a bit more oblivious,” Kris mumbled.

 

“WHAT?!” the boys exclaimed again.

“Joonmyun, pay a little more attention to the things near you, there’s this thing called attention span, you need to strengthen that.”

“Guys, why are you looking so surprised? Is something going on here? Are you displeased with the debut date? But you know that we can’t change it, it’s permanent…”

NO WAY!” Kai shrieked and Baekhyun nearly toppled over.

“KRIS! WHY ARE THEY SO IN SHOCK?!” Suho asked frantically, scared.

“I plead my case.” Kris muttered under his breath.

“Oh, just tell me.”

“f(x) is making a comeback.”