The Audition

Where's My Silver Lining ?

" So where can we set up ? " Yongguk's deep voice broke the awkward silence.

" Umm, you guys can set up on that stage there, " Yeol answered, pointing at the tiny stage at the corner. 

I stood up and hurried over to help BAP with their setting up, silently thanking them for appearing at the right moment and saving me from my brother's endless interrogation. Caught up in my thoughts , I accidently brushed against someone's shoulder. I looked up and my eyes met with HImchan's twinkling eyes. I swear they were twinkling at me. He smiled at me. I was stunned for 2 seconds. 

 

" Himchan-ah, come help me with this amplifier. I can't seem to turn it on, " Daehyun called out from the back of the stage.

I tore my eyes from his, trying to catch my breath. Why am I feeling so flustered ? 

 

" Ho-eun, can you clean up those tables ? " Yeol said, a look of confusion on his face. He must think I'm crazy. 

" Oh okay , " I grabbed a cloth and walked towards the table. 

 

After they were done setting up, Sunggyu stood up, cleared his throat and spoke,

" You guys are here to audition for the school's senior graduation ceremony. I will decide at the end of your performance whether you guys are qualified or not. Please show me your best. "

Yongguk merely shrugged and smirked at s. Zelo and Jongup exchanged glances.

" Okay, you guys may begin now. " 

 

Youngjae began to sing, followed by Daehyun's perfect harmonizing. It was an unfamiliar tune. Maybe it was their new song. But somehow I felt like I connected to it. I don't know how and I don't know why. It's such a strange feeling.

All the while they were playing, my eyes were glued at Himchan. And all I could see was him playing the drums.

 

And how perfect he looked while doing it.