Sparks Fly

Where's My Silver Lining ?

The graduation ceremony went by in a blur. I barely had any time to rest, running around filling up the food and coffee at the buffet area. Sungjong performed perfectly that night. Sunggyu, as usual, kept everyone entertained. 

Sunggyu's voice boomed through the speakers, " Hey seniors ! Are you enjoying yourselves ? " Everyone instinctively covered their ears with their hands/ Sunggyu flinched. He looked at Woohyun who mouthed ' Sorry ' . 

 

" Anyways, we have come to the end of a wonderful evening. It's such a pity but all things have to come to an end right ? " Soft murmurs of protests came from the seniors. 

" For the closing performance, we've prepared a special performance from a band that many of you might already know. Actually I didn't have any intentions to include them as a performance act for this ceremony. " 

" But after much persuasion from a certain fan of theirs, I finally made up my mind to give them a shot. I hope I've made the right decision. "

 

And then Sunggyu stared straight at me. Tiny-killer-eyes staring at my soul.

 

" I present to you, BAP ! " Sunggyu announced. Claps thundered down in the hall. 

Waitttttttttt, BAP ? NO WAY. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Yongguk appeared on stage with his guitar. And I saw Himchan with his drums.

I smiled at Sunggyu. This is beyond amazing.

 


" I've asked BAP to play during Latte Nights, " Yeol said while cleaning up the tables.

I jerked up my head. " Really ? But I thought you didn't like them ? 

" Well, I guess they're okay. Besides, Rhythm quit. Got some better offer or something, " Yeol mumbled. 

Wow, I get to see Himchan every Tuesdays and Thursdays from now on. Wow. 

 

BAP performed flawlessly everytime. The crowd during Latte Nights grew each time they performed. Majority were girls. I recognised some of them from school. Everytime they are done performing, they usually hang around till closing. They helped out with the cleaning, joked around like kids and walks me home. Well, Himchan is the one that walks me home. The rest just disappeared once they are out of the front door. I enjoyed walking home with Himchan. We chatted along the way, laughed at everything and anything. I find myself wishing that my house is further away so that I can spend more time with him.

 

Tonight was no different. I locked up all the doors of Coffee Machine and walked home with Himchan. He was telling me what happened in school just now when he and Yongguk were caught sleeping in the field. I laughed so hard. They are just so dorky sometimes. As I saw the roof of my house looming up ahead, I sighed heavily. This means goodbye again. Why ?

 

" Ummm ......... I think I'll go now. See you tomorrow, " Himchan said, looking flustered.

" Oh okay. " I watched him blend in with the darkness till I can see no more.

" He's gone. Don't strain your eyes. " A steely voice came from behind.

 

I froze. ' Since when was he standing there ? What the hell ? ' I put on my best pokerface and turned around. 

He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed in front of his chest, his hoodie covering eyes. Yet, I can still feel his gaze on me. 

 

" Why are you here ? " I asked, my voice quivering.

" I have to make sure you are safe. " 

 

Darn that stupid hoodie ! I can't see his face. I can't see his expression. God, I hate this. 

 

" Well, I'm safe and sound. You can go home now. " I started to walk away. 

" Just so you know, he's eventually gonna break your heart. " 

 

I stopped dead in my tracks, my fingers inches from the door knob. 

Musterring all braveness I didn't know I had, I said " I know how to take care of myself. Don't worry. " 

 

And it took me a whole lot of willpower to stop myself from saying, I feel safe with him. Not you.