Saviour

Where's My Silver Lining ?

Flicker. Flicker.

The streetlights are not working again. Dang. I can barely see a thing. As I pulled my jacket tighter around my body I muttered crossly to myself,  " I wish Himchan was here. " 

 

" Sorry Ho-eun, I can't walk you home tonight. I've got to go practice with the guys. You know that we have that Battle of the Bands competition coming up right ? I'm really sorry. " 

" Aniyaa, don't worry about it. I'll be fine by myself. Work hard for your competition okay ? " I smiled as brightly as I could. 

" Are you sure you are going to be fine by yourself ? I could skip the practice if you want me to. " Himchan said, his tone laced with worry.

Yes, I want you to stay. I don't want to be alone. I'm scared.

" Don't be silly. I'm be absolutely fine. Stop worrying and hurry for your practice ! " I gave him a little push and waved before turning around towards the dark alleyway heading home. 

 

Shadows. I didn't realize it at first. And then it struck me. ' Why are there four extra shadows behind me ? ' But it was too late. Before I could let out a cry for help or even turn around to face my attackers, I felt a rough hand on my mouth and another grabbed my hair violently from behind. My hands were pinned behind my back and my legs were firmly planted to the ground. I couldn't move an inch. All I could hear were snickers and slurred words. In an instant, my face was pressed against the brick walls. Ouch ! I cringed as my face hit the rough surface of the wall. A tear threatened to escape. ' No Ho-eun, you will not cry in front of these scumbags. '  Triumphant laughs. One of them placed his lips on my ear. I squirmed. I could smell alcohol from his breath.

 

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....... We've been watching you for a long time ......... we couldn't get hold of you .......... your boyfriend was always walking you home ............ but tonight we've got our chance ........... "

" You smell won.....der.....ful " 

" You are gonna be ours tonight ........... No one will save you .......... Don't fight it, embrace it " 

 

I don't believe this is happening to me. Is this my fate ? My destiny ? But I have so much dreams and ambitions that I've yet to accomplished. Without realising, I was crying. My jacket was slipping off my shoulders. Why is this happening to me ? WHY !? God, how can you be this cruel to me ? First you took away my parents and now this !

 

" Relax ....... We'll be really gentle.

 I squeezed my eyes shut. Oppa, save me ! 

 

Someone screamed from behind me. My hands were no longer pinned behind me. Then the hand in front of my mouth disappeared and my legs were free. My hair was still tightly grabbed and he shoved me even harder to the wall this time. Crashing sounds. ' What's happening ? ' It was too dark. I could only make out a few silhouettes that looked like they were fighting. ' Is someone trying to save me ? ' A hand grabbed hold of mine and we started running. 

 

I held on to that hand for dear life without knowing who it was. I don't know why but I felt safe.

Somehow I know that this person is not gonna hurt me. 

 

The thugs caught up. My arm was yanked away and I was pushed away. Clank !  I dropped to the ground in a huge heap. Damn you, electric pole. As I slowly start to lose consciousness, I saw one of the thugs pull out a shiny object. Knife. It disappeared into the body of the person that was trying to save me. His body flails in slow motion before hitting the ground with a loud thump. I tried reaching out for his hand. But my hand just wouldn't budge. 

 

My eyelids felt heavy.

He was only trying to help me.  And now because of me, he's badly hurt. 

 

Please don't die.