CHAPTER ELEVEN: HAEUNDAE BEACH

Different Beginnings; Different Outcomes

Yeonjae and Donghae were walking to check in on a hotel in their beach.

 

“Mr. Lee, your mom is waiting for you.” Mr. Ju, their butler, told him.

“Okay. Tell her I’m coming.” Donghae said and Mr. Ju leaves. He turned at Yeonjae. “You’ll be in room 215 and I’ll be in 214. Just go to my room if you need some help.”

Yeonjae nodded. Donghae turned to leave but stopped and looked back at Yeonjae. “By the way, tomorrow wake up early. “

“Neh? Waeyo?”

“I’ll show you something.”

“Okay.” Donghae then turned to leave. And Yeonjae go to her room.

-----

When Heechul broke away from the kiss, Jo Eun felt her face get RED HOT.

“I’ll get going.” Heechul said. “See you on Monday.”

Jo Eun nodded. She was sure she looked like an idiot. He smiled and walked away.

Jo Eun fumbled to the door as she opened it. She went to her room and takes a bath. After taking a bath, Jo Eun changes her clothes and sat on her bed. She touched her lips.

“Why do I feel like he’s the one?” Jo Eun questioned herself. “Aissh~!” She then realized that Yeonjae isn’t there.

“Where is she?” Jo Eun muttered. She looked on the kitchen, Yeonjae’s bedroom, bathroom but she isn’t there. Jo Eun was in panicked. She then dialed Yeonjae’s number.

*Kringg~ Kringg~*

She walked back and forth on her room. Just then Yeonjae answered the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” Yeonjae answered on the other line.

“YAH! YEONJAE AH! WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?” Jo Eun shouted.

“Unnie, why are you so loud?”

“WHERE ARE YOU? IT’S ALREADY 10 PM AND YOU’RE NOT YET AT HOME! WHERE ARE YOU?”

“Unnie, calm down. I’m with Donghae at Haeundae beach.”

“WHAT? HAEUNDAE BEACH? WITH DONGHAE? WHAT ARE THE TWO OF YOU DOING THERE?”

“Unnie, we’re not doing anything wrong. Donghae sunbae just invite me here and we’ll go back on Sunday.”

“NEH? WHY ON SUNDAY?”

“Unnie, I want to enjoy the beach here.”

“Arasso. Just call me if anything happens. Take care.”

“Bye.” They both hanged up. Jo Eun lay on her bed and she remembered the kiss Heechul and she had.

“Yah, Jo Eun ah, stop remembering it.” Jo Eun said to herself. Heechul-ssi? Are you the one? Jo Eun thought.

Suddenly, someone texted her.

 

From: Heechul sunbae

 

Jo Eun-ssi? Are u still awake.. uhmm.. I’m sorry 4 what happened a while ago. Hope u can forgive me .bye. Goodnyt.

 

Jo Eun turned off her phone and just closes her eyes and she doesn’t know that she was already asleep.

 

-----

Hyun Na, Yeomin and Ryeowook went to Seohae’s room as each of them finishes practicing their part.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Kyuhyun opened the door. “Neh? You’re already done?”

“Yeap.” Hyun Na said and goes inside the room as Ryeowook and Yeomin followed.

“So,” Hyun Na started. “I guess we can practice as one now right?”

“Neh? We’re not yet done.” Kyuhyun said, a little bit irritated. Seohae who was reading the song looked up at Kyuhyun and was shocked because of what he said.

“You’re not yet done?” Ryeowook said while sitting beside Hyun Na.

“Yeah…” Kyuhyun looked away.

“We’re done.” Seohae interrupted.

“Ohh~” Ryeowook, Yeomin and Hyun Na said while looking at Kyuhyun.

“I guess Kyuhyun wants Seohae all by himself.” Ryeowook teased.

“Yah! Hyung! Stop that!” Kyuhyun went to Ryeowook to smack his hair.

“Cho Kyuhyun, are you in love with my girl?” Hyun Na said and stands up with a scary look.

“Unnie.~” Seohae said to Hyun Na to stop.

“Uhmm.-“ Kyuhyun started but before he can answer, someone knocked.

“KNOCK KNOCK*

Yeomin, who was near at the door, opened it. They were all shocked because it was Xiaomin.

“Annyeong~” Xiaomin greeted.

“Annyeong~” They all said. Yeomin opened the door wider so that Xiaomin can enter.

“Sooo… What are they doing here?” Xiaomin asked Seohae. He was referring to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

“Uhmm… we are here to practice for the practical exam.” Seohae explained.

“ohh.. I see.” Xiaomin said and walked towards Seohae’s direction to sit beside her. Kyuhyun looked at Xiaomin intently.

Ryeowook looked at his watch and it was already 12 am. “Ohh… crap.” He turned to Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyunnie, we need to go.”

“Neh?...Okay.” Kyuhyun said.

“Sorry girls, we can’t practice anymore. Our hyungs will scold us.” Ryeowook said and bowed.

Kyuhyun turned to Seohae. “Seohae-ssi…Uhmm… Bye.”

“Okay..bye..Annyeonghikasipseo sunbae-nim.” Seohae said. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook turned to leave.

Xiaomin cleared his throat to get the attention of the girls. The girls looked at him.

“Soo… why did you go here?” Yeomin raised her eyebrow.

“I just want to visit the 3 of you.” Xiaomin replied and looked at Seohae.

“Neh? Us? It’s already 12 am.” Seohae said with a worried look.

Xiaomin smiled and turned to Hyun Na. “Hyun Na-ssi can we talk?”

“Neh? About what?” Hyun Na asked.

“I’ll just tell you later.” Xiaomin said and Hyun Na and Xiaomin went out.

Hyun Na and Xiaomin were in the kitchen.

“So… what?” Hyun Na asked.

“Uhmm.. can we tell me what girls like?” Xiaomin asked.

“Neh? Waeyo?”

“I wanna court someone.”

“Neh? It’s Seohae right?”

“No… it’s not Seohae but I still like Seohae.”

“Oh…”

“Can you tell me?”

“Okay.” Hyun Na started talking about what girls want and after 1 hour of advising Xiaomin, Xiaomin leaved and Hyun Na went to Seohae’s room. She found out that Seohae was sleeping and Yeomin was sleeping on the other bed.

“Aishh~ Yeomin’s really crazy.” Hyun Na mumbled and she went out of the room and went to her room to sleep.

Who could that girl be? Why am I like this? Why do I feel that Xiaomin’s going to be in danger.. aishh~ Hyun Na stop saying those things.’ Hyun Na thought and she closed her eyes and sleep.

-----

 

Next day…

 

The light from the sun enters Yeonjae’s room that causes Yeonjae to wake up. Yeonjae looked at the clock and it was already 7 am.

“Aishh~” Yeonjae moaned. She gets up from her bed and takes a bath. After taking a bath, she heard her cellphone rung. She went to her bed to get her phone and she got 10 sms. She opened it. The first nine where from Jo Eun and the last was from Donghae. She ignored Jo Eun’s messages and just read Donghae’s message.

 

From: Fishyhae

 

            Yeonjae, meet me at 8 am later at the beach.

 

Yeonjae looked at her wristwatch and saw that it is already 7:30 am. She closed her phone and hurriedly changes her clothes. After changing, she arranged her hair and put some light make up. After doing that, she stand up from her sit and get her phone and said. “I’m ready…” she smiled as she headed towards the door.

-----

Donghae was waiting for Yeonjae at the beach. He was arranging the table for their breakfast.

“Mr. Ju, I think the flowers should be lesser.” Donghae told their butler while pointing at the flowers.

“Okay. Mr. Lee.” Mr. Ju take some flowers. “Will this be okay now sir?”

“Yeah. That’s fine.” Donghae said and Mr. Ju leaves.

Donghae was walking back and forth. Checking that all the things are perfect. He looked at his wristwatch and it was already 7:55 am. He walks back and forth to check every detail. Suddenly, he noticed a girl in blue walking towards his direction. She then realized that it was Yeonjae. He checked his clothes if it’s okay. He smiled and went towards Yeonjae. 

View Image 

(Yeonjae's Dress)

 [A/N: Donghae's clothes are like what Goo Jun Pyo wear in Boys Over Flowers:)]

“Yeonjae-ssi!” Donghae shouted and waved while running.

“Donghae-ssi!” Yeonjae waved back.

“Come, Let’s go.” Donghae led Yeonjae to the breakfast table he prepared.

“Wow~” Yeonjae muttered as Donghae pulled a chair for her to sit. Yeonjae was amazed by the beauty of the beach. Donghae takes his seat at the other side of the table.

“Like it?” Donghae asked Yeonjae.

“yeah…” Yeonjae replied while examining the beach.

“Let’s eat.”

“Okay.”

They started eating and continue chatting.

“Soooo… How was Haeundae Beach for you?” Donghae asked Yeonjae while slicing his food.

“It’s great.” Yeonjae smiled.

“I promise to myself that I’ll bring the girl I love here.”

Yeonjae was shocked on what Donghae said. “Neh?”

“Ohh~ Nothing.” Donghae said shyly.

“Do you like someone?”

“Yeah.”

“Who is it?” Yeonjae seemed too much excited to know.

“Well… I won’t I give her name but I’ll just describe her. Is it okay?”

“Yeah.”

“She’s someone I adore the most. She’s beautiful, sweet, caring. She’s kind and she has an exceptional talent. She makes me smile all the time. I love her but she doesn’t know. She doesn’t know that she’s the one I’m describing right now…”

“Ohh… Sounds great.”

“Yeah.”

“Can I meet her someday?”

“Yes you can.” Donghae smiled. “You, do you like someone?”

“Uhmmm… Yeah.”

“Who is the lucky guy?”

“Neh? Uhmmm… I won’t also give his name, Arasso?”

“Arasso.”

“He’s handsome and caring. He’s very good at his talent. He always thanks me but I don’t know why. He’s kind. He’s very hardworking. “

“Whhoooo~, I think he is really lucky.”

“I hope so.”

From far away, Mrs. Lee was watching them.

“Mr. Ju.” Mrs. Lee called their butler. Mr. Ju came running towards Mrs. Lee.

“Yes madam?” Mr. Ju asked.

“Who’s that girl?” she pointed at the direction where Yeonjae and Donghae was eating their breakfast and laughing.

“She’s a friend of your son.”

“Just a friend? But how come he prepared that breakfast for him? What’s her name?”

“Park Yeonjae madam.”

“I want a background check about her. I want it in my room before 12 noon.”

“Okay madam.” Mr. Ju bowed and leaved.

“Park Yeonjae?”

-----

Seohae was awake and found out that Hyun Na isn’t there. She went to Yeomin to ask where is Hyun Na.

“Yeomin-ssi.” Seohae said while walking towards the kitchen where Yeomin is located.

“Hmmm? Waeyo?” Yeomin said while cooking fried rice.

“Where’s Hyun Na unnie?” Seohae asked while sting down on a chair.

“She’s out for work.”

“Neh? For work?”

“Yeah. MASCOT GIRL.” Yeomin smiled at her. Yeomin walked towards Seohae to give her the plate which is full of fried rice. “FRIED RICE, MADAM.”

“Kasahamnida.”  Seohae starts eating the fried rice. “Yah, you cook this? Is that really you?” Seohae joked.

“Yah! Of course!”

“It’s delicious!” and they start eating again.

-----

Yeonjae and Donghae were walking on the side of the beach. No one was speaking until Donghae starts to make a conversation.

“Uhmmm… are you enjoying here?” Donghae asked.

“Yes. Of course.” Yeonjae replied.

“Can you do me a favor?”

“If I can do it, why not.”

“Can you be my girlfriend?”

“NEHH?!?!?!”

“Calm down. I can explain.”

“Okay. EXPLAIN!”

“My mother wants me to be in an arranged marriage with a girl I don’t love. That’s why I wanna find a way so that she won’t continue it.”

“Ohh… Me too. I’m also in arranged marriage with a boy I don’t know. I’ll deal with it.”

“Thanks Yeonjae. You saved my life!” Donghae said while hugging Yeonjae.

“Yah, stop it.” Yeonjae said while breaking the hug.

“Sooo… my mom is watching us right now and I’m sure.”

“Neh?”

Donghae hold her hand.

“Neh?”

Donghae just smiled at her and they started walking again.

-----

“Madam, here’s the result of the background check.” Mr. Ju said while giving the paper to Mrs. Lee.

“Gamsa.” Mrs. Lee said and Mr. Ju went out of the room. Mrs. Lee read the paper.

“Park Yeonjae; 17 years old; September 12, 1992?...Hmmm.. I think I know her.”