CHAPTER 24: A THIEF?, NO MUST BE A MURDERER, … OR A GHOST!

Different Beginnings; Different Outcomes

Soe Young and Leeteuk were busy talking to each other when Yeonjae interrupted them

‘Ahemmm… Soe Young, sleep with us at Hyun Na unnie’s dorm tonight.” Yeonjae smiled.

“Neh?... I don’t-“ Soe Young said unfinished but her father interrupted her.

“SOE YOUNG SSI. ITS OKAY IF YOU’LL SLEEP AT THEIR DORM.” Soe Young’s father shouted from the kitchen.

“Woa~ how can he hear us?” Seohae said amazed but Soe Young just smiled at her.

“GAMSA APPA!” Soe Young shouted back and turn to her friends. “I’ll just get my things.” Soe Young then went to their house nearby to get some clothes.

“I wonder what Hyun Na and Eunhyuk are doing. Whatcha think guys?” Yeomin asked.

“Maybe they’re on their way home.” Ryeowook said while looking down on his food.

“or maybe they’re on out dorm now.” Kyuhyun said and they nodded.

Seohae then noticed that Heechul is not with them now. “Hey Jo Eun! Where’s heechul? He’s not coming with us in our dorm?” Seohae asked.

“Ohh~ he said he needs to go home now. He wants to but he said that there’s an emergency at home.” Jo Eun explained.

“Ahh..”

Suddenly, Soe young went back carrying a body bag.

“Let’s go?” Soe Young asked.

“ARASSO!” They all said.

A few minutes of walking, they arrived on their dorm.

“Guys.” Yeomin approached the others. “I think they’re here now.”

“Yeah and the lights are on.” Leeteuk said while pointing at a room.

“And Hyung’s car and driver are here too.” Ryeowook said.

“Where’s Eunyuk?” Leeteuk asked the driver.

“Ohh~Sir Leeteuk.” The driver bowed. “Sir Eunhyuk is inside the dorm.”

“Okay. Gamsa.” Leeteuk thanked the driver.

They all went inside the dorm. “HYUNNNN  NNNNAAAA??? EEEUUUNNNHHHYYYUUKKK?” Yeomin shouted while searching for the two.

“YEOMIN!” Seohae shouted while going out of Hyun Na’s room. Yeomin then immediately went to Seohae.

“Wae?” Yeomin asked.

“Unnie and Sunbae is here. They’re fast asleep now.” Seohae said.

“Wookie~” Yeomin then called Ryeowook.

“What?” Ryeowook asked.

“Try to wake up Eunhyuk.”

“Arasso.” Ryeowook said sounding a little bit irritated. Ryeowook went inside and tap Eunhyuk.

“Hyung. Wake up.” Ryeowook said.

Eunhyuk’s eyes flew open. “Oh.. Wookie. I’ve been waiting for all of you.”

“We should leave now.” Ryeowook said.

“Arasso.” Eunhyuk then kissed Hyun Na’ forehead. Ryeowook leaved and closed the door somewhat a little bit mad.

Eunhyuk went out of the room.

“Let’s go home now.” Leeteuk said.

“Neh.” The boys said.

“BYE!” The boys bowed.

“BYE~!” The girls bowed too and the boys leave.

After 30 minutes…

“BORING~!” Seohae and Yeomin shouted.

It was already 9:00 pm when Hyun Na found the girls in the living room watching a drama movie.

“Hey!” Hyun Na muttered still sleepy.

“Unnie. You’re awake.” Yeonjae said.

Hyun Na then sat beside Seohae on the couch.

“Boring~” Hyun Na commented.

They all nodded.

“So what are we gonna do?” Jo Eun asked.

“How about a game?” Soe Young suggested.

“What game?” Hyun Na asked.

“SPIN THE BOTTLE!” Jo Eun and Seohae exclaimed and they high fived each other.

“Where willl we do it?” Yeomin asked happily.

They all looked at Hyun Na.

“Wae?” Hyun Na asked confused.

“At your room.” Seohae smirked.

-----

 

Hyun Na spinned the bottle first and the tip went to Seohae’s.

“Woa~! My girl.” Hyun Na let an evil smirk to Seohae.

“ohhh…ahmm… unnie..” Seohae said sounding afraid of the question Hyun Na will ask.

“Truth or consequence?” Soe Young asked.

“Truth?” Seohae said, unsured

“Hmm..Let me think..” Hyun Na said while looking at the ceiling thinking of what to ask to Seohae.

“I know!” Yeomin yelled. They all looked at her.

“What?” Yeonjae said excitedly.

“For truth, we should have 3 questions.” Jo Eun interrupted.

“WHAT?!?!? THAT’S SO UNFAIR!!!” Seohae pouted.

“It’s so hard doing a consequence so we should make the truth into 3 questions.”

“Aishh~!”

“Its’ Okay my girl.” Hyun Na said and then turned to Yeomin. “What’s the first question?”

“Are you inlove with my cousin?” Yeomin asked with a scary tone.

“WHAT? ME? NO!!!” Seohae answered with hand gestures saying no.

“Are you sure?” Soe Young asked.

“Of course I am.”

“She’s lying.” Hyun Na concluded.

“Me? Nooooo!!” Seohae shouted and suddenly she hiccupped.

“Told yah, she’s lying.” Hyun Na said again.

“No, I’m not.”

“Why do you say so?” Yeonjae asked.

“Everytime she’s lying she suddenly hiccupped.” Hyun Na explained.

“Oohhh..” They all said.

“Aishh~! Next question.” Seohae said upset.

“Arasso.” Yeomin said while laughing a little bit.

“I’ll give the second question.” Hyun Na said excitedly.

“Arasso. Arasso.” They all went to closer to Hyun Na except Seohae.

“Do you like superman?” Hyun Na asked with a SHUPERMAN pronunciation. They girls were all upset of the question.

“Aishh~! It’s so nonsense.” Yeomin complained.

“Yeah.” They agreed.

“Before judging my question, do you know SUPERMAN?” Hyun Na asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Of course.” They all answered proudly.

“Superman is the one who wears eyeglasses then when he become Superman he removes it and he has a web and when you do like this *do gestures* a web will come out.” Yeomin said proudly.

“Aishh~! That’s not Superman, that’s spiderman.” Jo Eun complained. “Superman is the one in black wearing a bat mask then he’s with the joker in Superman.”

“Aishh~! Jo Eun unnie, that’s not Superman, that’s BATMAN!” Yeonjae shouted at Jo Eun.

They all laughed.

“Superman is the guy that has ‘S’ on his shirt. I don’t know if it is a diamond or what then he is inlove with Lois Lane.” Soe Young said while imagining a Superman scene.

“Superman fan? Hahah.” Hyun Na laughed. “But the Superman I’m talking about is no other than Lee Xiaomin.”

“Xiaomin? Who’s that?” Soe Young asked.

“Xiaomin? You mean the one who’s good at drawing and also good at dancing?” Jo Eun asked. Hyun Na nodded.

“WOA~!” They all looked at Seohae.

“Wae?” Seohae asked.

“Who’s Xiaomin?” Soe Young interrupted.

“He’s Seohae’s childhood bestfriend.” Hyun Na said.

“Ohh..”

“Sooo… Seo-“ Hyun Na turned to Seohae’s direction but she’s not there. She saw someone closing the door.

“KIM SEOHAE, DAUGHTER OF KIM GINA, DON’T DARE LEAVE MY QUESTION BEHIND OR ELSE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’LL GET.” Hyun Na shouted.

“Aishh~” Seohae muttered and went again inside.

“Soooo…what’s your answer?” Yeonjae asked excitedly

“Uhmmm..-“ Seohae was about to answer when Soe Young interrupted her.

“Before answering that question, why did you call him Superman?” Soe Young asked.

Seohae and Hyun Na looked at each other.

HN: [Telepathy: should I say?]

SH: [Telepathy: it’s up to you.]

Hyun Na smiled. “It’s like this…..

---FLASHBACK---

Seohae and Hyun Na were happily playing in the playground when a bunch of kids surround them.

“Unnie…” Seohae whispered to Hyun Na.

“Don’t be afraid Seohae..” Hyun Na whispered back.

“HEY HEY HEY!” The biggest guy shouted at them.

“Unnie…” Seohae said already crying.

“Shhh… Seohae…” Hyun Na tried to comfort Seohae but Seohae still cries.

The biggest guy get the doll of Seohae and broke it.

“Unnie.. huhuhu” Seohae cried loudly.

“STOP bullying them!” a boy from the back shouted. They all looked back to see a boy wearing Superman costume.

“HAHAHAHAH~! Who are you? Superman?” A boy asked while laughing. They all laughed.

The superman boy then went near them and punched them. Throws garbage on them and the bunch of kids run away.

“Who are you?” Hyun Na asked.

The boy removed his black mask revealing Xiaomin.

“XIAOMIN?!?!” Seohae and Hyun Na cried them laughed.

“Yah! Stop laughing!” Xiaomin pouted.

“Why are you wearing a black mask? Superman don’t wear that!” Hyun Na laughed.

“It’s for disguise.” Xiaomin smirked.

---END OF FLASHBACK---

“ohh… so that’s what happened.” Soe Young concluded. Seohae and Hyun Na nodded.

“You know this is getting boring. Let’s just play another game!” Yeomin suggested.

“Yeah” They agreed.

“Why don’t we just tell ghost stories?” Yeonjae said while eyeing on Jo Eun.

“N-N-NO NO NO” Jo Eun protested.

“It will be fun!” Soehae exclaimed. Now safe for the question.kekeke She thought.

“Okay. Let’s start with Hyun Na.” Yeomin said.

“Arasso. Back when we were still in middle school,” Hyun Na started. “Seohae and I used to hang out on this café shop every dismissal. We’re eating ice cream cakes there. One time, we went there about 8:00 pm already because we had a project to do in our classmate’s house, there were no people in the café. We said to ourselves that ‘we are very lucky because there are no people in here’. Then we sat there and ordered to this waitress. Actually, she’s the owner. We greeted her like ‘annyeong’ but she wouldn’t even reply. Then when we went home, actually, I slept in Seohae’s hosue that time, kekeke, we turn on the television. Then there’s news saying ‘A CAFÉ SHOP OWNER MURDERED’ then when we looked at the café shop that was on the television, it was the same café shop we used to hang out. Then we got goosebumps then we told ourselves, ‘we just talked to her’. then the news anchor said that the owner was murded at exactly 7:00 pm. We were shocked because we still talked to her at 8:00 pm.”

“Yeah. That’s right.” Seohae said. “After that, we didn’t go anymore on that shop.”

“Woa~! If I were in your place, I’ll investigate!” Yeomin said proudly.

“Crazy.” Yeonjae said and they all laughed.

“Let’s move on to Jo Eun.” Soe Young said.

“NOOOO~! I don’t want!” Jo Eun protested.

“Aishh~! So kill joy!” Yeomin complained.

“How about Yeonjae?” Seohae asked.

“Arasso.” Yeonjae said. “it was November 3 years ago, we were already graduating that time. We, my classmates and I decided to have a sleepover party in our house. Jo Eun was there.”

They all looked at Jo Eun who was hugging a pillow and really scared.

“Then,” Yeonjae continued. “when we were in the house already, we decided to tell ghost stories like this. Then when it is my classmate’s turn, we heard footsteps outside the room. We screamed just because of that. Then after that we were laughing already. Then at 11:00 pm, Jo Eun went out to go to the kitchen to get some ice cream.”

“Yeonjae s-sto-top it n-no-ow!” Jo Eun said, stuttering and afraid.

Yeonjae didn’t mind her and just continue talking. “Then when she went back her face was very pale. I quickly went to her and asked her why then…”

*BOOOM*

The lights went out.

“AHHHHHHHHHH~!” They all screamed. [A/N: you can’t here their scream if you’re at the living room.]

“What happened in here?” Seohae asked.

“Dunno. Maybe someone just stepped on the switch.” Hyun Na said.

“STEPPED?” Soe Young, Yeonjae and Jo Eun both said at the same time.

“Yeap.” Yeomin nodded. “the switch for our dorm is under the carpet.”

“Weird.” Soe Young said. Yeonjae and Jo Eun nodded.

*CRASH*

“Woa~!” Yeomin cried.

“Maybe a thief!” Seohae said while holding a dust pan.

“No. a murderer.” Yeonjae said while holding a frying pan.

“Why is that thing in here?” Soe Young asked.

“Self defense.” Yeomin winked.

“Or maybe a GHOST!” Hyun Na said while holding a broom.

“KYA~!” They screamed.

“Let’s go find out.” Yeomin said and get the baseball bat while Soe Young get the lamp. Meanwhile, Jo Eun who was too afraid just get a book.

“When I say open, go.” Yeomin told Hyun Na who was leading the group. They nodded.

“OPEN.” Yeomin whispered.

When they open the door they saw a shadow going to the kitchen.

“A thief.” Seohae whispered.

“No. a murderer.” Yeonjae insist.

“Or maybe a ghost.” Jo Eun said quietly.

“Kya!” Yeonjae joked Jo Eun which made Jo Eun jumped.

“Aishh~! Yeonjae ah!”

“Aishh~! Don’t be noisy.” Yeomin complained.

“Let’s move step by step, arasso?” Hyun Na said. They all nodded.

When they arrived at the kitchen, they saw the man’s body. They were about to hit him, when Yeomin the light…

“XIAOMIN?!?!” they all shouted except for Soe Young.

“Annyeong girls~” Xiaomin smiled.

“What are you doing here?” Hyun Na asked.

“I heard that you’re having you’re sleepover here so I thought to passed by.”

“You should knock on the door! If Yeomin didn’t turn on the lights, you might be hit by these.” Seohae said as she raised the dust pan she’s holding and the others followed.

“Woa~ someone’s worried.” Yeomin teased. Seohae gave her a death glare. Yeomin stopped.

“Why are you holding just a book?” Hyun Na asked Jo Eun.

“I was in a panicked so this is the only thing I got.” Jo Eun explained.

“That won’t help.” Hyun Na said.

“Yeah, she’s right and even if you hit with that, I won’t be hurt.” Xiaomin teased.

“Aishh~!” Jo Eun complained.

“So, what will you do here?” Yeonjae asked.

“Nothing.” Xiaomin replied.

“Uhmm.. Seohae.” Soe Young whispered at Soehae.

“Wae?” Seohae asked.

“Who’s that?” Soe Young said pointing at Xiaomin.

“Ohh…” Seohae said and called Xiaomin. “Xiaomin!”

“Hmm.. wae?” Xiaomin asked.

“I would like you to meet Soe Young. Xiaomin meet Soe Young.”

“Annyeonghaseo~ I’m Lee Soe Young.” Soe Young bowed.

“Don’t be too formal. I’m Lee Xiaomin.” Xiaomin smiled.

“Seohae were just going to my room and arrange the bed.” Hyun Na said while pulling Yeomin.

“I’ll come.” Yeonjae said.

“Me too.” Jo Eun said.

“Me three. Kekeke.” Soe Young said and they all leave.

“Sooo.. wanna eat ice cream cake?” Seohae offered to Xiaomin.

“Sure.” Xiaomin then sat down the table while Seohae was getting an ice cream.

“Here.” Seohae put the ice cream cake infront of Xiaomin.