CHAPTER TWELVE: SHOOTING STAR

Different Beginnings; Different Outcomes

Hyun Na went to the office where she works as a mascot girl. She then gets her costume and some balloons and headed near Cheonggye Square. As she arrived there, many kids get balloons from her. Children of all ages, boys and girls were flocking around her, trying to have some free balloons. After finishing all the balloons, she sat down on a bench and took off the mascot icon on her head.

“Aishh~… It’s so hot.” Hyun Na said while fanning herself.

Meanwhile, Ryeowook was walking near Cheonggye Square when she spotted Hyun Na from afar.

“Hyun Na-ssi?” He said to himself as he headed towards Hyun Na’s direction. Hyun Na was still fanning herself when Ryeowook covered her eyes with his hands. He was at the back.

“Yah, who’s this?” Hyun Na said while trying to remove the hands on her eyes.

“Guess who.” Ryeowook said happily.

“Yah, Ryeowook sunbae, remove it.”

Ryeowook removed his hands and sit beside Hyun Na.

“Working again?” Ryeowook asked

“Yeap.”

“Isn’t it hard for you?”

“I get used to it.” Hyun Na smiled.

“Ohh… want some ice cream?”

“Yeah.. sure.” They went towards the ice cream shop and they both bought ice cream. Ryeowook bought green tea flavored ice cream while Hyun Na bought strawberry ice cream.

“You like strawberries?” Ryeowook asked Hyun Na while walking.

“Yeah.” Hyun Na replies and eats her ice cream. “Why did you buy green tea flavored ice cream?”

“Coz It’s delicious.”

“ohhh…”

After they finish eating the ice cream, Hyun Na saw a bike rental place. [A/N: I’m sorry! I don’t know what do you call itJ]

“Ryeowook sunbae, let’s rent a bike.” Hyun Na said while pointing at the bike rental place.

“Neh? Ohh… that one..okay.” Ryeowook said.

Hyun Na noticed that she’s still wearing the costume. “Uhhh… I think I should change my clothes first.”

“Okay. I’ll wait for you.” Ryeowook said then Hyun Na rushed through some ladies restroom just a few blocks away from Cheonggye Square. Hyun Na went back to Ryeowook wearing white skirt w/ violet top and violet doll shoes. Ryeowook was shocked with the look of Hyun Na. while Hyun Naa was walking, Ryeowok can’t take his eyes from her.

“What? Why are you staring at me?” Hyun Na asked while examining the clothes she’s wearing.

“Oh… Nothing..” He looked away.

“Neh.. okay.” Hyun Na said and they started walking going to the caretaker of the bikes.

“Excuse me, ma’am and sir! How may I help you?” The caretaker asked.

“We’ll rent 2 –“ Hyun Na started but Ryeowook interrupted her.

“Mianhae. What she really meant is that we’ll rent only one bike.” Ryeowook said.

“Neh?” Hyun Na said w/ a confused look. “2 bikes.” She insisted.

“If that’s what you want.” Ryeowook said. The caretaker then get to bikes.

“I want the violet one!” Hyun Na cried.

“You like color violet?” Ryeowook asked.

“Yeah.”

The caretaker get 2 bikes. The first is violet the other is yellow.

“Seohae-ssi likes yellow.” Hyun Na said.

“Ohh..” Ryeowook said. He looked at his watch. It was already 3:30 pm. Ryeowook handed the caretaker 5000 KRW. “5 hours.”

“Okay sir.”

And they both ride on the bike then started biking.

-----

Jo Eun was cleaning their dorm when suddenly her phone rung.

*Kringg~ Kringg~*

“Yoboseyo?” Jo Eun answered her phone while mopping the floor.

“Jo Eun-ssi.” Heechul said on the other line.

“Ohh… Heechul-ssi.. Waeyo?”

“Ahhmmm….sorry for the last night.”

“Neh? Uhhmmm… it’s okay.”

“Neh? Kamsahamnida~ I’ll go now. Bye.”

“Bye.” Jo Eun hang up. “Oh my super girl Ni shi wo de baby girl Ta kan bu jian ni de mei li Ping fan bei hou de mo li…” Jo Eun sang as she clean their dorm.

*Kringg~ Kringg~*

“Yoboseyo?” Jo Eun answered her phone.

“Jo Eun Unnie.” Yeonjae said on the other line.

“Ohh… Yeonjae-ssi!... WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING MY TEXTS MESSAGES HUH?” Jo Eun shouted at Yeonjae.

“Yah, Unnie. Don’t be too loud. Donghae sunbae and I had a breakfast that’s why today is the only time I called.” Yeonjae explained.

“NEH? ARASSO. YOU’LL COME BACK TOMORROW, RIGHT?”

“Yeah. Waeyo?”

“Let’s go SHOPPING tomorrow.” Jo Eun said while emphasizing the word Shopping.

“Neh? At what time?”

“10 am.”

“Arasso. Let’s just meet at the mall. Call Hyun Na, Seohae and Yeomin too.”

“Arasso.” Jo Eun hangs up and starts to dial Seohae’s number.

-----

*Kringg~ Kringg`*

“Yoboseyo?” Seohae answered her phone.

“Seohae-ssi” Jo Eun said on the other line.

“Ohh… Jo Eun-ssi.”

Yeomin went near Seohae when she heard that it was Jo Eun.

“I just want to invite you tomorrow. SHOPPING. “

“Neh? Shopping?”

“Yeah. At 10 AM. By the way, let Hyun Na and Yeomin come too.”

“Neh? Arasso. We’ll come.” Seohae hang up the phone.

“What did she said?” Yeomin asked.

“Shopping. Tomorrow at 10 am.” Seohae said.

Yeomin’s eyes widen. “SHOPPING?”

“Yeah..”

“Okay okay… Accompany me to the Bank later. I’ll withdraw some money.”

“Some? Did I heard that right? Hhahaha.. maybe you mean A LOT.” Seohae joked Yeomin.

“Yah, just accompany me. “ Yeomin said while going to her room.

“Arasso.”

-----

At the bank…

“Yeomin ah, what number are you?” Seohae asked Yeomin.

Yeomin looked at the card. “63.”

“Yah, it’s only 50.” Seohae seemed to be irritated because Yeomin forgot her ATM Card her locker in school. “Why did you forget your ATM huh?”

“YAH, it’s in my locker.” Yeomin explained.

After 20 minutes of waiting, finally no. 63 was called.

“63” The teller called. Yeomin stand up from her sit and went to the teller.

Seohae was alone in her sit when someone sat beside her. She then recognized that it was Sungmin.

“Sungmin-ssi?” Seohae said.

Sungmin looked at her and was shocked. “Seohae?”

“What are you doing here?”

“What do you think? I’m withdrawing some money.” Sungmin smiled.

“Ahh..”

“Where’s Yeomin?”

“She’s there.” Seohae pointed at Yeomin.

“Ohh…”

Yeomin then was shocked when she saw Seohae and Sungmin. She then went to their place.

“Hi. My Princess.” Sungmin winked at Yeomin.

Yeomin just rolled her eyes and turned to Seohae. “Let’s Go.”

“Neh? Okay..Bye.” Seohae stand up and Yeomin pulled her outside the Bank. Sungmin smiled as he saw Yeomin.

-----

“Yah, I’m tired. Let’s rest.” Hyun Na told Ryeowook while getting off her bike.

“Okay.” Ryeowook said.

They sit on the bench they also sat a while ago. As they sit, Ryeowook saw a shooting star.

“Look!” Ryeowook said while pointing at the shooting star.

“We better wish.” Hyun Na said while closing her eyes slowly.

“Yeah.” Ryeowook agreed. There’s a long silence and after they finished wishing…

“So, what did you wish?” Ryeowook asked.

“Neh? Me? I wish for everyone’s good health and also for my love life, I wish that I won’t cry and I wish that my friends will understand something about me.” Hyun Na replied.

“Ahh… Okay..”

“How about you?”

“It’s a secret.” Ryeowook laughed.

“Neh? It’s unfair! I told what I wished then you’re not telling yours… AHHH.. you’re so unfair.” Hyun Na exclaimed but Ryeowook just laughed at her.

“You’re so unfair.”

“You will know at the right time. Not for now.” Ryeowook said and smiled while Hyun Na smiled back.

“Okay. I think I should go home now, maybe Seohae and Yeomin are worried. Thanks for the time.”

“Yah!” Ryeowook said and held Hyun Na’s hand.

“Neh?” Hyun Na said.

“Let’s walk.”

“Okay.”

While walking Ryeowook whispered something. “I wish for your happiness Hyun Na and I promise myself that I won’t make you cry. As long as you’re in my heart, I will never leave you and I will never let anyone hurt you as long as I’m alive, My dearest Hyun Na.”

“Neh? What did you say?”

“Nothing.” He smiled.

-----

“Yeomin-ssi!” Seohae cried as she went out of her room.

“Neh? Waeyo?” Yeomin said without looking at Seohae because she’s watching an American movie.

“Where’s Hyun Na unnie?”

“Neh? I –“

Hyun Na opened the door.

“Speaking of.” Yeomin said.

Seohae rushed towards Hyun Na. “Yah, unnie. Where did you go?”

“I worked right.” Hyun Na replied while going to the kitchen getting a glass of water. Seohae followed her.

“Neh? Why did you com home so late?”

“I was with Ryeowook sunbae.”

“NEEEEHHHH?” Seohae shouted making Hyun Na spill the water in .

“Why are you so over reacting?”

“Nothing…” Seohae said and went towards her room. “HYUN NA UNNIE LOVES RYEOWOOK SUNBAE.”

“YAHH! SEOHAE! STOP IT.” Hyun Ns cried while Yeomin and SeoHae were laughing.