CHAPTER TEN - DATE

Different Beginnings; Different Outcomes

RING~ RING~

Jo Eun went out of her classroom and noticed that Heechul was there but she just ignore him and started to walk again.

“Yah!” Heechul said while approaching Jo Eun.

Jo Eun turned to him. “WHAT?” She said with an irritating look.

“I just wanna be friends.” Heechul smiled.

“FRIENDS?... ohh…” Jo Eun touched Heechul’s forehead. “Are you sick or what?”

“I’m serious.” Heechul give a serious look.

“Ohh..”

“Friends?”

“Okay.”

“I’m Kim Heechul and you are.”

“Kim Jo Eun.”

“We still have the same surname.” Heechul smiled.

“Neh?”

“Let’s eat at Chuuka Soba Ichiryu later.”

“Neh?”

“Yah! I said let’s eat there later.”

“Neh? Uhmm.. Okay…”

“See you later.” Heechul smiled and waved and turned to leave.

“What’s with him?” Jo Eun mumbled in confusion.

-----

“Donghae sunbae, will you join the contest this coming 20?” Yeonjae asked Donghae who was sitting on his chair reading his book.

Donghae take away his book and focus on Yeonjae. “Yep.”

“Ohh… Our group is joining too.”

“Oh… I see...”

Yeonjae then read her book.

“Yeonjae-ssi?” Donghae said. Yeonjae put away her book and talk to Donghae.

“Neh? Waeyo?” Yeonjae replied.

“Are you free later till Sunday?”

“Neh? Uhmmm…” Yeonjae thinks for a while. “Yes. Waeyo?”

“I’m getting the latest report for our business at Haeundae Beach. Can you come with me?”

“Neh? Me?”

“Yes. You. Who else.” Donghae smiled.

“Uhmm… Okay.”

“I’ll pick you at 6 pm later. Bring clothes because we’ll sleep there.”

“Neh? Uhmm..Okay.”

“Thanks.” Donghae smiled.

“Neh?” Yeonjae said with a confused look. Donghae just laughed at her.

-----

“Kyuhyun oppa!” Seowa cried as she goes towards Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Seohae.

“Neh? Waeyo?” Kyuhyun said.

“Uhmm… I want to invite you to eat with me later at Chuuka Soba Ichiryu.” Seowa said with a sweet voice.

Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook who had an irritated look and to Seohae who was confused. “I don’t think I can go.”

“Hmmm… waeyo oppa?” Seowa then linked arms with Kyuhyun that let Seohae moved aside.

Kyuhyun removed Seowa’s arms. “I’m going out with Seohae.” Kyuhyun looked at Seohae.

“Neh? Me?” Seohae asked with a shocked look. Seowa looked at Seohae. Kyuhyun said to SeoHae to just say yes without a voice coming from his mouth.

“Ohh.. Y-Yes.” Seohae agreed.

“Neh?” Seowa asked. Kyuhyun went to Seohae and grabbed her hand. Seowa looked sharply at Seohae.

“We’re going now.” Kyuhyun said and they leave. Seowa walked going to her classroom with a mad face. Does he like that poor girl? Seowa thought.

-----

5 pm. At Chuuka Soba Ichiryu…

Heechul and Jo Eun were eating when none of them are speaking. Heechul then cleared his throat and starts to speak.

“Uhmm..” he started. “Is it delicious?”

“Yeah.” Jo Eun replied quietly.

“You know, I always eat here. Everyday with Si Won.”

“Ohh… Can I ask you something?”

“Hmm… what is it?”

“Why does your group hate Leeteuk’s group?”

Heechul remain silent.

“Sorry.” Jo Eun replied shyly.

“No it’s okay.” Heechul started. “It started when we were still in middle school. It is a contest in our school that time. Dance contest. We were so happy that we got accepted. But it changed when the one who gets the contestants suddenly told us that it will be Leeteuk’s group who were going to perform. Kang In is very mad at him. He even punches Leeteuk’s face. Then they were called in principal’s office. It just happen that Eunhyuk and I were close that time that’s why we were very silent when the principal is telling nonsense things. Kang In was also mad because Leeteuk was the one his father chooses to be with not them.”

“But why is Kang In, Kim and Leeteuk, Park?”

“It should really be Park with Kang In but their father chooses Leeteuk’s mom that’s why Kang In just follow his stepfather’s surname.”

“Oh… I see. But why did Kang In mom’s didn’t fight for her right as the first wife of Mr. Park?”

“I don’t know. That’s too personal.”

“Oh... Okay.” Jo Eun starts eating her ramen again.

“Would you mind I ask you something?” Heechul asked politely.

“No. what is it?”

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

“Neh?” Jo Eun said and was about to spill the ramen that was on . “Waeyo?”

“Nothing.”

“I don’t have.”

“O-okay.” Heechul said and looked away.

-----

At 6pm. Jo Eun and Yeonjae’s dorm…

Yeonjae was packing her things on a bag when a car was already there.

*BEEP~ BEEP~*

“Wait~! I’m coming.” Yeonjae said while going out of their dorm. She saw Donghae waiting outside the car.

“Annyeong~” Donghae greeted and smiled.

“Annyeong~” Yeonjae smiled back.

“You ready?”

“Yeah.”

“Let’s go.” Donghae then get Yeonjae’s bag and put it inside the car and open it so that Yeonjae can enter. They both sit on the passenger sit.

“To Haeundae Beach.” Donghae told his driver. The driver starts the engine and they drove going to Haeundae Beach.

-----

Seohae opened the door of their dorm and found Hyun Na and Yeomin on the sofa.

“Unnie,” Seohae called.

“Ohh… Seohae… and wait… Ryeowook-ssi? Kyuhyun-ssi?” Hyun Na said while walking towards Seohae’s direction with Yeomin.

“Annyeong~” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook bowed.

“Annyeong” Hyun Na said.

“Unnie, they’re here to practice with us because we can’t practice this coming Tuesday and so on ‘coz they’ll going to practice for a contest.” Seohae explained and leave to change her clothes.

“Ohh.. I see.. Take a sit first.” Hyun Na offered and the two boys followed.

“Soo…” Yeomin started. “Where’s Sungmin?”

“He’s not going to be here.” Ryeowook said.

“Waeyo? How can we practice without him?”

“Ohh… Yeomin why are you so overreacting.” Seohae teased while on the door of her room.

“Yah, Seohae stop it.” Yeomin said.

“He said that he’s going somewhere.” Kyuhyun explained.

“Ohh… I see.”

“Here’s the juice!” Hyun Na said while going to them.

“Kamsahamnida~” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook said while getting a juice and opening it.

“Unnie!” Seohae called Hyun Na.

“Waeyo?” Hyun Na asked.

“I thought we’re going to eat at Soe Young’s place?”

“Oh…I cancelled it coz Yeomin’s mom bring food for us.”

“Oh… Okay.”

“Sooo…We can practice by pairs I think.” Hyun Na suggested.

“What? By pairs?” Seohae said while going to them.

“Yeah.. ‘coz I think it would be more easy.”

“I’ll agree with it.” Yeomin said.

“Me too.” Kyuhyun and Ryeowook said at the same time.

“Neh?” Seohae said with a confused look.

“Sorry girl. Majority wins.” Hyun Na smiled. “Soo… who are the pairs?”

“You and Ryeowook, Seohae and Kyuhyun and I’ll practice alone.” Yeomin said.

“Neh?” Seohae and Hyun Na were shocked and looked at Yeomin.

“Yeah… what’s the problem with that?”

“Okay!” Kyuhyun said. “That’s final.”

“Yes.” Ryeowook agreed.

“Okay let’s start.” Yeomin said. Kyuhyun walk towards Seohae and Ryeowook walk towards Hyun Na. Ryeowook and Hyun Na went to Hyun Na’s room and Yeomin went to her room.

“Soo… Where are going to practice?” Kyuhyun smiled at Seohae.

“At my room?” Seohae said.

“Okay.” And they went to Seohae’s room.

-----

“Thanks for going out with me.” Heechul said while they were walking going to Jo Eun’s dorm.

“Neh? Welcome” Jo Eun said.

When they arrived at the dorm Heechul saw some teenagers who were near Jo Eun’s dorm.

“Are you sure you’re safe here?” Heechul asked.

“Yeah.” Jo Eun replied.

“I’ll accompany you going to your door.” Just then the group of teenagers disappeared.

“Okay.” Jo Eun was laughing on what Heechul said.

As she was laughing she got distracted and tripped as she was climbing the stairs going to her door.

Heechul caught her by the forearm, and their faces were so close together, that they could feel each other breathe. They stared at each other, until Jo Eun closed her eyes. Heechul inched forward, until they’re lips met.