Take it Slow

The Pounding Of My Heart Aches

*** The Next Day***

Chae Won wakes up feeling a lot better compared to yesterday. She sits up and looks around the room and does not see Min Woo anywhere.

"I'm sure he left. I can't remember anything after he hugged me." Chae won feels her head to see if it's still burning. "I guess I'm all better now. I don't feel a thumping pain anymore." She turns and sees a white small towel folded on a bowl full of water on top of her nightstand. 

"Did he help my fever go away last night?" She washes up and goes downstairs to the kitchen and notice there was a food tent on her diner table. She sees a sticky note and it reads, "Chae Won-shi, I thought you might still be too sick to cook so I made some rice porridge. It might taste a little blend, feel free to add salt and pepper. I hope you're feeling better. Come back to work when you feel better."

She puts down the note and removes the food cover. The porridge was still warm. She feels thankful and grateful for how kind Min Woo was.

"I can't allow myself to fall in love again. Especially not with Geun Seok's Hyung". 

After breakfast, she goes upstairs to her room and gets ready for work. "I can't stay home all day. I need to get over him. It's not like we dated that long anyways. I need to go to work". 

She walks outside of her house and realizes how beautiful the weather is, and decides to take the bus so she can enjoy the weather a little longer. 

"Good morning Yoon Shi Yoon. Are there any projects that I can work on"? Shi Yoon was taken by surprise to see her because Min Woo told him she was sick.

"Why are you here Chae Won? I thought you were sick." 

She chuckles, "I was sick, but I'm feeling better and I want to work. So is there anything that I can work on?" 

He scratches his head trying to think of a not-so-challenging project for her to work on, "Um..., you said you've done photography, so why don't you go ahead and edit these photos so we can send them downstairs to the magazine team. Since there aren't too many photos try to get them done before you leave today, okay?" 

She smiles and responds with confidence, "Thank you. I'll do my best to finish them and make them look great!" 

** Noon ** 

"It's lunchtime guys! I'm going to grab some ox-tail soup down the street! Does anyone want to join me?" One of the employees shouted in glee.

Everyone except Chae Won, "Yes!", "I'm coming too!" "Wait for me!" 

Shi Yoon gets up and looks over his right should and see Chae Won not getting up. "Chae Won, aren't you going to eat?"

"I want to finish a few more photos and then I'll go eat." 

Shi Yoon walks over to her desks, "Lunchbreak won't take that long. We can grab something real quick if you're worried about not finishing on time." 

Chae Won up at Shi Yoon and shyly smiles, "Are you sure? I kind of want something spicy." 

"Tteobokki!" They both shouted in cheer together. 

"Okay, let's go. I know a perfect place around here, and it's really close by." 

They both got up together and walked to Ms. Kim's Tteobokki. 

"Hello. How many?" The host asks.

"Two" Shi Yoon answers. 

They sat down and ordered.

"Are you sure you can handle that extra spicy Tteobokki?" Shi Yoon looks concerned. 

Chae Won smiles, "Yes, I love the extra spice to it. Especially after having such a stressful week."

"What is going on?" He asked. 

"This might sound silly, but my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. I dumped him yesterday. Eating this spicy Tteobokki will help take away all the stress I put on myself." She looks at Shi Yoon and sees his blank face. "See, I told you it is a silly story."

He shook his head, "No, it's not a silly story. He is a jerk for doing that to you. You deserve better. I'm sorry that you had a stressful week because of him." He smiles at her to assure her that he understood her situation. 

"So, what are you going to do now?"

Chae Won grins at Shi Yoon, "I'm going to focus on my career. I was doing fine before he came into my life anyway. If I meet someone down the line, I'll just take it slow and not rush into a relationship." 

The food came out. 

Shi Yoon encourages her, "I believe in you Chae Won. You're a bright person. Our food is here. Let's eat and leave all that stress behind!"

"Let's dig in!" 

*** Lunchbreak is Over ***

"Thank you for lunch. I'll buy you lunch next time!" Chae Won tells Shi Yoon.

"Okay, you better not forget!" 

"I won't. I promise!" They both laugh as they walked back to their desks.

Min Woo comes to Shi Yoon's desk not noticing Chae Won, "Shi Yoon, can you take a look at some of these photos and see which ones should be published? I need them picked out by 2 pm because Lee from the 2nd floor wants to publish them in his article." 

"Sure." Shi Yoon answered. "Actually, I'll have Chae Won look at them since she's here. I trust her tastes." 

"Chae Won?" He looks over his right shoulder and sees her. 

"Hi." She smiles shyly and waves at him.

"Why are you working? I thought you were at home because you weren't feeling well last night!" He walks towards her. 

Shi Yoon whispered to himself, "Last night? Was he with her?"

She answers, "I was sick, but I feel better now so I came in. I can work on what you had assigned to Shi Yoon and give it back to you by 2 pm".

"Okay, but don't put too much stress on yourself." Min Woo turns to Shi Yoon, "Don't give her too much work to do. She was sick but that doesn't mean she's all better now. We need her to still come to work, so don't stress her out with too much today, okay?"

Shi Yoon nods, "I understand. Aren't you going to go back now? Everyone is about to come back from their lunch" 

Min Woo walks out of their office.

"I promise I won't let you down." Chae Won begins editing the photos and observing the photos to fit Mr. Lee's article. 

To Be Continue...