Dancing King & Queen pt.2

Idol Love

‘Yah!! Stop messing around!!’ Hyoyeon screeched at Eunhyuk as she watched him goof off.
‘Oh? Did I get my Dancing Queen angry?’ Eunhyuk asked with a pout.
Hyoyeon felt her face flush at “MY Dancing Queen.” Since their trainee days, Eunhyuk had gotten use of people saying that they were such a cute couple together because of their dancing skills, and having the nicknames Dancing King and Queen, so just to humour them, he’d play along. Having Hyoyeon as his “wife” and Taemin, Yuri, Key, Luna, Sooyoung, Shindong and Minho were their kids.

‘Hey! Why is Hyoyeon unnie the Dancing Queen??’ Luna asked, pouting, ‘my dancing is just as good.’
‘You kids are the Dancing Princesses and Princes,’ Eunhyuk joked.
‘Don’t mock me,’ Shindong said from where he and Sooyoung were sharing their snacks.
‘Is it because I don’t dance as good?’ Sooyoung said through a mouthful of prawn crackers.
‘Anniyo… It’s because Hyo and I specialize in popping and locking. You, Sooyoung, specialize in smooth, fierce kind of dancing. And Yuri specializes in y and charismatic dancing,’ Eunhyuk explained.
Yuri looked up from where she was playing monopoly with Taemin and Minho and said, ‘huh?’
‘Nothing, sweetheart, go back to playing with your brothers,’ Eunhyuk said.
‘Anyways, so she’s the Dancing Queen in that section of dancing but not in your section, understand?’ Eunhyuk continued to explain to Sooyoung.
‘Yeah… okay,’ Sooyoung said through a mouthful of food.

‘Aishh… we’re supposed to be practising, but somehow, these kids produced a board game and snacks out of nowhere!!’ Hyoyeon huffed.
‘Relax… why are you so uptight these days?’ Eunhyuk asked as he began massaging her shoulders.
As soon as they had skin contact, Hyoyeon flinched. She liked him all these years, but when she was still 13, she’d vowed not to confess to him yet… seeing as he followed the rules promptly, despite mucking around and pulling pranks… something his “daughters”, Sooyoung and Yuri, had gotten obviously from him. So therefore, the skin contact was causing her heartbeat to go crazy, but he probably didn’t even give it a second thought. Hyoyeon decided to act as if she didn’t think anything of the skin contact either and said coolly, ‘I became so uptight these days because the showcase is coming up, and we haven’t practised, let alone make up moves and figure out the choreography!’
‘Chill… these kids are amazing! What, so their average age is only 12, but their dancing talent is better than the older trainees who are all 18!! You watch, on the day just before the showcase, they’ll come up with an extraordinary choreography in an hour and learn it off by heart with another 3!!’ Eunhyuk exclaimed.
‘You better be right,’ Hyoyeon mumbled before she walked away.

And he was. 2 and a half weeks later, on the last day before the showcase of the year, they’d created a spectacular choreography within an hour AND learnt it off by heart within another 3.
‘Who was right?’ Eunhyuk asked Hyoyeon smugly as they all took a 10 minute break from practising.
‘So you were right… but it could’ve been better if we started 2 weeks ago!’
‘No it wouldn’t have. They’d have gotten bored of the dance and not hit the moves as hard and energetic as they are now,’ Eunhyuk said arrogantly, knowing that he was right.
‘Hmph!’ Hyoyeon stomped away, not knowing what to say.

The next day, the junior trainees all arrived at the SM building extra early, all of them taking the day off school. The yearly showcase was a big event. SM went all out, nothing was too good for his future idols. They all began getting ready first thing. Some warming up their voices, others stretching out their muscles. Soon, the make-up ladies and hairstylists arrived, and took care of everyone individually.

The Dancing King and his Princes had all finished getting ready and were waiting for the Queen and Princesses to arrived.
‘Why are they taking so long??’ whined Taemin.
‘Because their girls,’ Shindong rolled his eyes.
‘Wait, where is Key hyung?’ Minho asked as he looked around the backstage area.
‘I’m here,’ Key called in his most divaish voice, ‘I had to fix my outfit, can you believe those stylist noonas wanted me to wear my outfit like that?! I had to cut the outfit a bit and fix some of it… geez…’
The boys rolled their eyes. What. A. Diva.

‘We’re here…’ Luna cried in a sing-song voice.
‘Finally, noonas…’ Taemin sighed as he walked over to the girls.
‘Mianhae maknae…’ Sooyoung ruffled his hair.
‘I’m so excited!! We’re next!’ Taemin squealed.
‘Me too!! Keke~ I want to dance now…’ Yuri sang.
‘Oh, it’s our turn… I’m so nervous, what if I make a mistake?’ Hyoyeon fussed.
‘You’ve never made a mistake so far… I doubt you will, now,’ Eunhyuk soothed. 
They watched as Taeyeon, Onew, Jonghyun, Sica, Seohyun, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun walk off stage, they’d just finished their singing performance.
‘That was fun!’ Taeyeon said, her cheeks flushed in excitement and her eyes glittering.
‘Wow… you guys were great!’ Shindong complemented.
‘Thanks, good luck you guys!’ they all cried as the Dancing Royalty walked on stage.

Their performance was fantastic, the audience was standing, screaming and cheering by the end of it, it was the best performance all night. They walked off stage happily and excited, except Hyoyeon, she couldn’t find Eunhyuk, he’d walked away as soon as the dance was done… where was he? Hyoyeon felt a tap on her shoulder, ‘looking for me?’ She turned to see Eunhyuk holding a rose.
‘Hyoyeon, your dancing tonight was amazing… and I want to ask you something I’ve wanted to ask for a long time… but couldn’t since I didn’t think I was worthy enough. Hyoyeon… will you be my girlfriend?’ Hyoyeon smiled and hugged him.
'Finally... I had to wait for so long!'

 

(a/n): do check out my other fanfics, the first one "Falling For You..." and the sequel "Falling for you... all over again" :) Find them on my profile ^^

Comment and Subscribe ~