Ice Princess

Idol Love

After years of bullying, Jessica had turned into the Ice Princess that she is now. But after joining SNSD, and gaining 8 beautiful sisters that were the only ones that held the ability to melt her ice cold heart, Jessica began opening up again, despite her tough exterior on TV. It was around that time that she met Kim Jonghyun. The way he could easily make friends when she couldn’t always irritated Jessica. The fact that he could break down people’s barriers when she couldn’t made her want to hate him, but she couldn’t, not when he was always there, trying to break down her own barriers that she had built to protect herself.

‘Sica noona!’ Jonghyun cried one day when dance practice had finished.
‘Don’t call my name as if we are friendly,’ she said coldly, trying to push him away.
‘Why?! You’re only nice when you’re with SNSD noonas, but why are you so cold to me?’ he complained.
‘Because I don’t like you,’ she said frankly.
‘Hmph!’ he pouted.

Although she always put up a cold exterior, for some strange reason, Jonghyun always put an effort to talk to her every day, even when she clearly didn’t want to chat with him.
‘Why do you always have to talk to me?’ she cried irritably, ‘it’s burdensome.’
But nevertheless, Jonghyun didn’t give up and continued to spend time with her, when others didn’t. Some days, she would get tired of telling him to go away so she’d just let him follow her around like a puppy. And soon enough, he melted her heart, the Ice Princess had lost to Kim Jonghyun.

‘Do you think he likes me too?’ Jessica said one day when the girls were sitting and watching a drama.
‘Who?!’ Hyoyeon said, her eyes didn’t stray from the T.V, ‘Kwon Sang Woo?’ she pointed at the screen she was staring at.
‘No!! Jonghyun!!’ Sica cried.
‘Ohh… I don’t know… but then again, what guy follows a girl around all day when she clearly doesn’t want his company without liking her?’
‘You’re right!’ Sica’s eyes brightened.
‘But then again, unnie, he could just be friendly and want to bring you out of your ice palace so you can play with everyone else too,’ Seohyun said bluntly.
‘… you’re right…’
‘Don’t listen to her. He doesn’t follow other girls around the SM building,’ Sunny cheered.
‘Then… what do I do?’
The girls sat around, seeing as there was an advertisement on and they could take their eyes off the TV, and thought about what Sica should do next.
‘Why don’t you confess?? He seems too shy to do anything!!’ Tiffany exclaimed.
‘That’s a great idea!!’ Sica clapped her hands, ‘but… I’m too shy.’
‘Oh come on, I’ve confessed to an oppa before, when we were in high school,’ Tiffany said.
‘Yeah, but you’re confident…’
‘Yah!! Aren’t you the Ice Princess?? You should be able to do this!!’ Taeyeon cried.
‘But… that’s an act so people won’t get close to me… but for the people I really care about… I just don’t know how to express how I feel to them… it’s even hard for me to tell you guys that I love you,’ Sica replied.
‘Ahh… she loves us,’ Sunny cooed.
‘Oh!! Unnie! You can write it in a letter!!’ Yoona suddenly jumped up.
‘Ohh… you’re right. I’m going to write it right now!’

Everyone was asleep, except for one person. Sica had been trying to write her confession letter for 3 hours now… and yet, the words just couldn’t come out and onto the paper. What she wanted to say all came out wrong.
‘Unnie… aren’t you done writing yet?’ Yuri asked sleepily when she walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.
‘No…’ Sica mumbled from the kitchen table.
Yuri sat across from her, ‘unnie, do you want some help?’
‘That would be great!!!’
‘Hmm…’
‘Yah! I thought you were helping!! Not sleeping!’
‘I am helping… just thinking…’
‘Then, what did you tell Minho when you confessed?’ Sica asked.
‘Umm… that I love him?? Sica unnie… you don’t have to write a whole essay, just as long as it says how you feel, it can be said in the most boring way if it’s still words from the heart…’ the younger girl mumbled before she sleepily walked back into her room, not before bumping into a wall of course.  Sica smiled, ‘as long as their words from the heart, huh?’  From Yoonyul’s room, she heard Yoona shout, ‘Yuri!! This isn’t your bed!! Sheesh… you’re this sleepy??’ and then Sica began writing…

The next day, Key was holding a birthday party at SHINee’s dorm, so Sica decided that she would give Jonghyun the letter then. Sica had borrowed the stationary from Tiffany, so of course, the letter was pink, in a pink envelope and smelled of flowers. SNSD arrived at SHINee’s house to see it packed with guests already. After whispering good luck to Sica, her members pushed her towards Jonghyun. ‘Sica noona!! It’s great that you’re here!!’ Jonghyun shouted over the music.
‘Umm… yeah. Can we go somewhere quiet?? I need to tell you something.’
‘Sure. Let’s go to  my room.’

Jessica fumbled the letter nervously when they were finally alone, she hesitated and then smiled, she was about to give him the letter when someone burst through the door. It was Shin Se Kyung. 
‘Jonghyun!! I was looking for you!!’ she cried.
‘Were you, baby?’ Jonghyun leaned in and kissed her. 
Jessica held back her tears, biting her bottom lip as Jonghyun turned to her and said, ‘so what did you need to tell me noona?’
‘It’s nothing, I got to go,’ she stuttered before she ran from the room and out the door. Her members followed her worriedly, but when they got home, she locked herself in her room, refusing to let them in.

Jessica Jung cried for 2 days over Kim Jonghyun, but on the third day her heart froze up again, she wasn’t going to let anyone break her heart again. She’d turned back into the Ice Princess.