The guilt pains

Idol Love

The guilt plagued her mind, she never forgot, she never stopped regretting. The pain she felt in heart, she knew, could never compare to the pain Sungmin would feel when he found out. But she had to tell him. She just had to. If he were to find out another way, from another person, it would kill him. It would kill her. And maybe, just maybe, if she could share the burden with others then the heavy feeling in her chest would be lift. So she decided to tell her band mates and seek their advice on how to approach Sungmin.

The girls stared intensely at Sunny who looked so scared that if they made a sound, she might just jump out of her skin. Lately Sunny had been down and very reclusive, giving short quick answers when talked to and not joining in during group discussions.
‘Just spill!’ Yoona suddenly yelled when she got impatient.
Sunny sighed and slowly looked up at the other girls, ‘promise you won’t be angry?’
‘We would never be angry at you!’ Hyoyeon exclaimed, worried.
Sica shot Hyoyeon a look.
‘Okay, okay, sometimes we do get angry at each other, but we get over it right?’ Hyoyeon said sheepishly.
Sunny nodded.

‘Okay, well… you know when we filmed “Idol Army” with 2pm?’ Sunny said slowly.
‘Yes… I didn’t get to go…’ Sooyoung pouted.
‘And Taecyeon chose me as his favourite?’
‘Yes… I wanted him to choose me!!’ Yoona stomped her foot.
‘Well… after that… we kind of… well, you know…’ Sunny mumbled.
‘No, I don’t know,’ Yuri frowned, confused.
‘Hooked up with him…’ she said quietly but they all had heard.

‘You did WHAT?!’ Tiffany’s eyes widened in astonishment.
‘TAECYEON?! TAECYEON?! Really?! Unnie you knew I liked him!!’ Yoona yelled with tears of fury in her eyes before running into her room.
‘Yoona! Yoona! Don’t speak like that to your unnie!’ Taeyeon cried but the younger girl was already gone, she sighed and turned to Yuri, ‘please go calm her down, Yul.’
Yuri nodded and hurried after her twin, not before giving Sunny an apologetic look and saying, ‘I’m sure you had your reasons, unnie.’
‘That’s… wow!’ Sica was surprised and confused at the same time, ‘but what about Sungmin oppa?’
‘I know!’ Sunny groaned and covered her face with her hands, ‘I hate myself! How could I do that to him?’
‘Wait… unnie… why is Yoona unnie angry and all the other unnies confused and surprised?’ Seohyun asked, perplexed.
‘Because she hooked up with Taecyeon even though she is going out with Sungmin oppa!’ Sooyoung tried to explain to the maknae.
‘But what’s hooking up?’ Seohyun asked.

Hyoyeon smacked her forehead with her palm, ‘Seohyun-ah, you’re too clueless!’  
‘It’s when a…’ Sica started whispering and explaining to the maknae.
When she was finished, Seohyun’s face was plastered with a look of disgust and bewilderment, ‘ewww!! Why would people do that?!’
‘Because they like each other… oh gosh, what are we going to do? We corrupted the innocent maknae!’ Tiffany said.

‘Guys!’ Sunny suddenly shouted, ‘back to my problem! Sungmin! What do I do?!’
‘Well, do you still love him?’ Taeyeon asked wisely.
‘Of course I still love him! I don’t know why I did that with Taecyeon! It’s just that, Sungmin and I had just had a fight, and I was angry at him, and Taecyeon was being so sweet! But now we’re over the fight and I regret it so much! I don’t want to hurt him!’ when she was finished, Sunny was out of breath.
‘Ohh… Lee Sunkyu… you’ve made quite a mess for yourself haven’t you?’ Hyoyeon shook her head.
‘So what do I do?’ Sunny cried.
‘You just have to tell him… even if he hates you now, it would be worse if he’d found out some other way,’ Taeyeon said gently, ‘just promise never to make the same mistake ever again… you can’t do anything else.’
Sunny nodded.

‘… and I’m so sorry! I love you and it was a mistake! Please forgive me and let’s just forget about this!’ Sunny cried after she finished telling Sungmin about what happened.
Sungmin’s face was cold and hard, unfeeling. Sunny twisted her hands together nervously, she didn’t know what he was thinking and it was making her anxious. Then slowly, Sungmin began to turn around and walk away from her.
‘Wait! Where are you going?!’ she yelled after him.
‘Home.’
‘Aren’t we going to talk about this?!’ Sunny’s voice cracked as tears began to flow.
‘There’s nothing to talk about. What do you expect me to say?!’ Sungmin started to get angry.
‘Anything…’ Sunny whimpered.
‘What? Did you expect me to say that it’s alright?! That I’m perfectly fine with you cheating on me?! That I forgive you?’ Sungmin burst.
‘No…’ Sunny whimpered as she leaned away from him, ‘can’t we just… work things out? You know…’
‘No, we can’t just work things out!’ Sungmin exclaimed, ‘I don’t want to stay with someone who isn’t faithful. I thought we were on the same level, but apparently not. I’m sorry, but I just can’t… I can’t even look at you in the eye, how am I supposed to “work things out” with you?’
‘I…’
Sungmin didn’t listen to what else Sunny had to say. He abruptly walked away and refused to discuss any further but he left Sunny with a sentence full of hope, ‘I just need time to think, give me time and maybe, just maybe…’

 

(a/n): i decided to end this fic :( cos there aren't many readers and such, so i thought it would be better if i focused more on my other two fics, 'Falling for you... all over again' and 'The nine princesses' :D thank you all for reading until the end THANK YOU!!!