I Lied

Idol Love

Sooyoung, Yuri, Hyoyeon and Sica all ran into the SM building and straight upstairs towards the dance studio. The security guards at the entrance of the SM building shook their heads in amusement, the kids were late again, they thought.

When the four girls entered the dance studio, they were greeted by the mischievous grins of their other members, an apologetic one from their maknae, and another five curious eyes staring at them, SHINee.
‘Unnie!! Why didn’t you wake me up?!’ Yuri pouted.
‘It’s your own fault for watching dramas all night…’ Tiffany sang.
‘We had to finish it!!’ cried Sooyoung.
‘It was such a cliff-hanger so we couldn’t just stop at one episode!!!!’ Hyoyeon defended.
‘And I wasn’t watching dramas all night!!’ Sica scolded.
‘That’s your own fault, you’re just impossible to wake up, so we left you,’ Sunny said.
‘Sunny-ah!! How can you be so heartless??’
‘Ah… love you too, Sica.’

‘Geez… they get here late and don’t even apologise…’ Key mumbled under his breath, unfortunately, the four girls heard him and began yelling.
‘Yah!! We’re older than you!! And your sunbaes in this business!! You should wait for us!!’ Hyoyeon yelled.
‘I don’t care if you have to wait all day, Kibum. It’s what you get for being so up yourself!’ Sica cried angrily.
‘Yeah, but if you make me wait… then you’d make Jjong wait. And besides, I’m not up myself, I’m just straightforward,’ Key said.
Sica blushed and didn’t respond, she was K.Oed.
‘KEY!!!’ screeched Sooyoung, ‘first off, you were late last time we did a performance together, so you can’t complain, and we would’ve apologised, but now we aren’t because you pissed us off!!’
‘It’s your fault for staying up late…’ muttered Key.
Before Sooyoung could yell back, Yuri bowed and said, ‘I’m sorry for being late, Onew-shi, Jonghyun-shi, Minho-shi and Taemin-shi.’
At the same time, Key yelled, ‘What about me?!’ and Sooyoung yelled, ‘Yah! Kwon Yuri! Don’t apologise!!’

Yuri looked between the two confused, not sure of what to do, so instead, she sat down next to Tiffany and Yoona and zoned out. Sica also apologised, which caused Sooyoung and Key to yelled again.
‘Hyoyeon, don’t apologise like those two!’ Sooyoung yelled.
‘Yah!! Hyoyeon! Apologise to me too!’ Key yelled arrogantly.
‘Don’t order me around!!! Have some respect for your sunbae!!’ Hyoyeon yelled at Key.
‘Anyway, sorry for being late, Onew, Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin,’ Hyoyeon said.
‘WHAT  ABOUT ME?!’ Key whined.
‘Key, apologise to your sunbaes!’ Onew ordered.
‘I won’t!’

Just then, the managers of the two groups walked into the dance studio.
‘Okay, listen up!! SHINee will be saying goodbye to “Juliette” this week, and so, for their goodbye stage, snsd will be teaming up with them again,’ SHINee’s manager said.
‘YEAH!!!’ yelled Jonghyun.
‘…’ the room went silent.
‘What… I like my sisters?’ Jonghyun said, more of a question than an answer.
‘Mhhmm… not because of any particular ice princess or anything…’ Key mumbled.
‘Yah!! You can’t  say anything!! What with your liking of the shikshin and all!’ Jjong yelled back at Key.
Key covered Jjong’s mouth with his hand and tried to act as if Jjong hadn’t revealed his biggest secret… but the others heard.
‘Umm… anyway, at one point during “Juliette”  the boys will give a rose to their partner who is standing on a platform thing… depends on the stage designer, and then, in the end, the girls will join the boys and finish the dance,’ the managers explained.
‘Umm… okay…’ the boys said, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

‘So, here are the couples, Onew and Tiffany, Jonghyun and Jessica, Key and Sooyoung, Minho and Yuri, Taemin and Yoona.’
Taemin smiled happily at his noona, while Minho cheered inwardly but kept his face straight on the outside, not showing his happiness. Jonghyun looked at Jessica slyly, causing Tiffany to cover Sica’s eyes from looking back at the flirt. Onew’s head was already thinking about lunch, chicken, and Key didn’t know whether to be happy or to be angry, but nevertheless, he kept his poker face on and nodded.

After the choreography was taught, and the rest of snsd who weren’t in the performance left for other schedules, the couples separated and went to practise individually in different dance studios. Sooyoung and Key stood in the middle of the dance studio awkwardly. Sooyoung knew about Key’s feelings now, thanks to Jonghyun, and Key knew that Sooyoung knew.
‘Umm… Key… is what Jonghyun said about, you liking me, true?’ Sooyoung asked.
‘No way. Jonghyun was lying, why would I like someone like you? So not my type!’
Sooyoung’s heart fell, she mumbled, ‘sorry, please excuse me,’ just before she ran out of the dance studio and down the hall. Key cursed himself, regretting denying it, and ran after her.
‘Sooyoung!!’ he yelled, searching furiously for her.
Key heard sobbing coming from a closet in the hallway and decided to open it. He found Sooyoung sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest, and her head buried in her knees. He sat down next to her and her hair, she looked up and Key gulped, she was pretty even when she was crying. Key couldn’t help but act, he kissed her softly before pulling away.
‘I lied. It is true, I do like you. But I didn’t want you to find out about it through Jjong, I wanted to tell you. Mianhae, I didn’t mean for you to cry…’ Key said.
‘… you like me?’
‘Yes, don’t you like me back?’ Key asked. Sooyoung nodded, trying to hide her embarrassment by burying her face in Key’s chest.