Dancing King & Queen

Idol Love

Hyoyeon was in one of the many SM trainee practise rooms preparing for a dance she’d be performing at the upcoming showcase, her partner for the dance, Eunhyuk, had been called outside into the hallway by another SM trainee to talk about “private” stuff. The thought of Eunhyuk talking to the annoying girl that always tried to outshine everyone made Hyoyeon furious, and all that anger was illustrated through her dance. She was hitting the moves harder, sharper and more precise than ever before, but maybe it wasn’t the anger that was improving her dancing skills, maybe it was the fact that she’d been practising harder and longer than any other trainee. She was improving faster than anyone else in that department.

A lot of the older trainees had been commenting on Hyoyeon’s improvement in her dance, they knew she was staying later at the SM building than required and practised by herself, but they thought this was because of the new threat. It had only been 3 weeks since Kwon Yuri had been casted as an SM trainee, winning an incredible one out of a thousand chance. This had sparked the interest of many people at SM, many gossiping about this girl’s dancing ability, so naturally, everyone thought that Hyoyeon had gotten jealous at the attention Yuri was given and was now working harder to become better than her, and the fact that Hyoyeon, Sica and Sooyoung had been mean to Yuri on her first day was no help either. But the truth was, Hyoyeon was not working harder because of the new threat, hell, she loved Yuri to bits, but no, it wasn’t because of her new dongsaeng, it was because of Eunhyuk.

He was the Dancing King of all the SM trainees, and that is why Hyoyeon had started to train harder, it was to become the Dancing Queen of all the SM trainees, it was to get the opportunity to dance next to Eunhyuk on stage. And she’d now gotten the chance, she was doing a couple dance with Eunhyuk for the showcase, and they’d been named the Royal Dancing Couple, but she still hadn’t built up the courage to confess to him yet. But he was right there, on the other side of the door to the hallway of the dance studio, about to get confessed to by another girl.

Hyoyeon knew this was wrong, eavesdropping on someone else’s confession, but she had to know, she had to know if Eunhyuk had any feelings for this girl, or any other.
‘Eunhyuk Oppa…’ the girl, Lisa, said shyly.
‘Hmm??’ Eunhyuk asked, bored.
‘Umm… well, I like you, I was wondering if… if it was the same for you?’
‘Mianhae, right now, I only have my goals in mind, and there isn’t any space for love. And also, love is forbidden within SM.’
‘Yes, but that’s for when we debut! We haven’t debuted yet!’ Lisa argued.
‘So then you’re saying, you’d break up when it’s time to debut? I’m sorry, but I’d rather not have a relationship that is half-hearted and could cost me my dreams.’
‘I am serious!! It’s not half-hearted and I don’t care if SM forbids it!’ Lisa yelled.
‘Yes, but I care. And to be honest, Lisa-shi, I don’t feel the same way as you do,’ Eunhyuk said coldly as he turned to walk back into the dance studio.
‘I don’t care if you don’t like me as much as I like you… just give this a try.’
‘I won’t date anyone, my dreams and goals are more important at the moment, and I won’t let anyone jeopardize it,’ Eunhyuk said.
Hyoyeon felt her heart ache, it was as if he’d indirectly rejected her.

Hyoyeon quickly ran to the other side of the dance studio when she heard Eunhyuk approaching the door.
‘Aishh… that girl really wasted my time!’ Eunhyuk exclaimed.
‘What did she want?’ Hyoyeon acted as if she didn’t know.
‘She wanted a date when she knows perfectly well that it’s forbidden.’
Hyoyeon felt her heart ache again when she heard this, was he really going to follow the rules? What would he say to her if she confessed? Would he be as harsh as he was to Lisa?
Eunhyuk’s voice snapped her back to reality, ‘come on, there’s only three and a half weeks until the showcase, we need to practise.’
The music began playing, and the two Dancing Royalties began moving smoothly to the rhythm. After a while, Hyoyeon began to smile again. So he probably didn’t like her, and he probably wouldn’t like her in the future either, but for now, she was happy and content, just to be able to see him happy, and to dance on the same stage as him.

 

(a/n): Hyohyuk <3 !! How is the story?? I think i should dedicate this story to isabelle, also known as hyohunnie_10 who has been reading all my stories from the start, and always gives support!! There will be more hyohyuk!!

and to the other readers, there will be other couples too, minyul, sookey, ontaeng, sunsun etc.

Comment and Subscribe ^^ <3