Fight For You

Junho & Soeun

A group of bullies were having fun tormented a poor little girl who is playing with her doll at the playground. They took her doll and throw at each other while the girl trying her best to take her doll back but fail.

Her face is starting to frown and the tears are trailing over her chubby cheek. “Gi – give back my – my doll. Pl – please.” She pleaded but the boys were having fun that they ignored the kid plead.

One of the boys was about to tear the doll apart when a voice is heard from his back. He turned around only to find a boy who is around the same age as them is approaching them with angry look.

“Give her doll back!” He shouted.

“Or what?” The bully taunted.

The boy said nothing but throwing a punch on his face so hard that he stumbled backward. This ruckus causing the bullies to take charge at him and all of them started to fight.

The little girl seizes this chance by grabbing her doll and running away. The hero who saw this smiling and glad that she was already gone from being bullied by these kids.

He thought he was going to faint when numerous of voices whom belong to adults keep getting closer and the sight which just dark has become shine. Their parents came and pulled their own son’s ear while throwing hasty words at them for misbehave.

The little girl whom he just saved came to his aid and brush off sand over his face. She smiles; showing her fully teeth while her other hand is holding tightly her doll.

“Thank you, my shining knight.” She said in soft voice before placing a kiss on his left cheek.

The boy’s cheek is flushed with red beet. “Yo – your welcome.” Before he got to mutter anything, his mother cradled him in a warm embrace. After his mother released him, the little girl already gone before he got to ask what her name is.


Soeun is waving her hand left to right over his face when she realized he didn’t listened to any words she said. “Junho! How dare you daydreaming  when I confessed my trouble to you?”

He only managed to smile apologetic. “I’m sorry, Soeun. What did you said just now?”

She pouted and hit his hand slightly. “You better listen carefully or I won’t rewind it again! I was being bullied when I was a kid while playing my favourite doll at the playground. Then, my shining knight came to rescue me!” Her face was gleamed with happiness when she described her shining knight.

Junho pretend to listen although he knew she was talking about him. “Really? How nice is he.” He took a sip of his drink.

“Hey, are you jealous of him?” She .

He shook his head. “What should I? Is he your first love or what?” He wondered and much to his surprise, she nods.

“He is my first love. But I didn’t managed to ask what his name is since it was already late that time.” She said in disappointment voice.

Junho glances at his best friend since high school until they graduated from the same university. He desperately wanted to say that he is her shining knight but would she stopped befriend with him if he told her that?

He decided to keep silent and let her talking about her shining knight over and over again because he knew, she is talking about him.