Kiss

Junho & Soeun

She was laughing with her friend. It was very beautiful view from here since she looked sincere and innocent around her friend. The kind of normal life she had always longing to have despite her status as an actress.

She was only 15 this year but already gained her popularity among the female and male students because of her youth in television drama and box office film. She also didn’t hesitated to use her first paycheque by buying gifts to her friends and teacher for non-stop supporting.

Except him.

She didn’t even know him but he always be there for her. Not a stalker or something but he used to be in the same class as her since elementary but he guessed, she hardly noticed his presence. The only solution he could do is watching her from afar.

That’s fine by him. He is only nobody in this school.

The school bell is ringing indicates it was recess and as usual, instead of heading to café he would go to rooftop and eat his lunchbox there by himself. Not knowing someone was following him from behind clutching something against her chest.

As usual, he had his back facing the fence and opened his lunchbox before eating everything well. He just realized his throat was dry and he forgot to bring a water bottle with him. He pouted slightly as he chewed the food inside his mouth slowly in case he would got chocked.

“Thirsty?” A soft voice is heard. Junho instantly chocked due to sudden voice.

The owner of voice hurriedly come to his aid by patting his back. “I’m sorry. Did I startled you?”

Junho looked up; only to immersed himself in those soulful brown eyes. “So – soeun? What are you doing here?”

She smiles casually as she took seat next to him. “Drink this. I saw you eat by yourself without drinking anything. You must be thirsty.” She extended a slender water bottle to him which he accepted it hesitantly.

“T – thanks. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn’t you eat with your friends?”

“I am eating with my friend now. Junho, why are you avoiding me since the start of middle school? I felt guilty thinking what did I do wrong to you. After all, we’ve known each other long enough, right?”

He ruffled his hair; a sign of nervous. “You’re an actress. Everyone know you. It must be weird for me to approach you. A person who has nothing to compare with you.” He said.

“That’s not true! Yes, I am an actress but doesn’t that mean I forgot my precious friend. I wanted to approach you first but your cold behaviour makes me to think twice.”

He looked down on his shoes. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to avoid you. Anyway, how is your filming? You must be tired to juggle between shooting for film and school.” He changed the subject.

Soeun’s eyes felt delighted when hearing her favourite subject. “It’s the best since I got to know a lot of friends who is much older than me. I even got to have a few chat with famous actors. I am tired as hell but it’s worth it. But you heard the rumour, right?” She murmured but enough to catch by his ear.

“What rumour?”

Her eyes widen. “There was a rumour that there will be intense kissing scene for upcoming film between me and another lead actor but it wasn’t true. Don’t ever believe the false rumour.” Her cheek is tint with embarrassment.

He grinned. “Oh, come on Soeun! It’s not like you never had your first kiss. Trust me, you’re not a bad kisser for yourself.” He praised her.

“Hn. I don’t trust you.”

He smirked. “Want to try? And if I’m right about it, you have to buy me ticket to 2PM concert.” He challenged her.

She bites her lower lips; considering the bet but she really wanted to know is she a good kisser or not. “Fine. Let’s do it.”

Both of them stared at each other but neither of them makes any move. Thus, Junho leaned his body and almost reaching her face. She closed her eyes; waiting for his lips to touch hers but only rustling wind hit her. She opened her eyes abruptly only to find him drink from her water bottle.

“What the?!” She exclaimed.

He laughs and almost spurted out the water in his mouth. “This is kiss. See, I told you are a good kisser. Because you lent me your bottle to drink from it.”

“That is called indirect kiss, Junho!”

He shrugged his shoulder. “It’s the same for me though. Want to take a sip?” He showed her the bottle.

She grabbed it harshly. “I hate you.” She murmured under her breath before taking a big swallow of water. The excess water is dripping out from her side mouth.

He watched her and waiting for the right moment before stealing a quick peck on her lips when she put her guard down. He can’t help but chuckles when her cheek was red due to his sudden action.

“Wh – what is that for?!”

“You said it was indirect kiss so I give you a kiss. Since I kissed you for real, you must buy me ticket to 2PM concert Soeun-ah!” He smiles handsomely; enough to captivate her heart again. The first time he did was when he walked her home since her parents were working at that time.

She smiles eventually. “I will.”