Different Sides Of You

Junho & Soeun

Soeun is rubbing both of her arm as she scanning the view in front of her. It was raining heavily lately but she’s a bit late when realizing that she didn’t bring an umbrella with her despite numerous of nagging from her sister and her mother.

She lets out a short sigh while wiping the dust from her skirt. “I’ll have to wait until the raining stopped pouring or I will be soaked in wet. Since it’s going to take a long time, it’s better I’m heading to hall room. Who knows there were a few students stayed back just like me?” She said to herself as she makes her way to hall room which located at the second floor.

But there was no one except a group of troublemaker who happened to be her classmates were reading or probably doing their homework. Soeun was taken aback but she maintained her cool posture and taking a seat not too far from them.

Hopefully they didn’t noticed me at here.’ She thoughts before taking out a blue notebook where various of notes jotted in there.

Her thought was interrupted when one of them approached her and giving her a friendly smile while taking a seat in front of her.

“Hello!” Nickhun flashed his friendly smile towards the maiden who is taken aback with his appearance.

Soeun was stuttering with her words. “H – hello?”

Her reply causing the young man to laugh loud; attracting his friends who were sitting over there. “Are you waiting for the rain to stop pouring, Soeun?” He asked in nonchalant voice.

“Yeah – yeah. I forgot to bring my umbrella so I had to wait for the raining to stop. It’s the same for you?” She asked back; feeling herself felt close to him despite this is the first time they were having proper conversation.

He nodded. “Yeah, applied to the boys as well. What are you reading? Japanese?” He pointed out her note book.

“Uh-huh. I don’t want to repeat my paper or I will spending my summer with extra class. Can you teach me?” She said; only to realize she asked for his help. Her face must be pale since Nickhun gives her an odd look before poking her cheek slightly.

He chuckles. “I would love to but I’m not excel in this subject unlike Junho, though. Do you want me to call him over? I bet he didn’t mind since he was busy reading comic.” He was about to call his friend name when Soeun refrained him from doing so.

“It – it’s okay. I don’t want to interrupt him anyway. He might get angered only to teach me. It’s okay. I’ll learn by myself.” She showed him a kind smile; trying not to pressure him but he didn’t bought it.

Nickhun showed his serious side; scaring her a bit. “You know Soeun, when it comes to new knowledge, never – ever hesitated to ask regardless how ridiculous that person are. Hey, Junho! Come here a bit.” He called out his name and gestured him to come towards their table.

Soeun was still mesmerized with his words. She couldn’t believe that wise words could come out from the trouble maker in her class. So it’s true. Never judge a book by its cover regardless how bad impression they had made.

She was pulled back into reality when she realized a pair of cold eyes were watching her with uninterested look. She swallowed her own saliva and greeted him with hesitated voice. “H – hi?”

“Hn. What do you want to ask?” His only replied causing the maiden to blush despite it was cold. She must be shivering when she saw her finger trembled while pointing at Japanese note.

“This. Can you teach me Japanese? Nickhun said you can teach me since you’re good at it but if you don’t want to, I don’t mind really! I didn’t mean to waste your time.”

His face still expressionless but his finger reached her pencil and wrote something similar to Japanese word. “This is basic. Do you prefer to learn from basic or should we jumped to advance?” He asked.

“Err, basic is fine.” She said still blushing. Who knows the famous trouble maker is teaching her Japanese? When she examined closer, his voice was a bit rough but there is a hint of smooth when he talked. She didn’t know he had this different side in him. She thanked Nickhun in silent who is watching them with a smug look.

They make a good impression of couple. Wooyoung-ah, I won the bet!’ He thoughts to himself.