Over-thinking

Soulmate

 

--

“Hahaha.” She answered making an amused expression. “You? What could Youngbae see in you?” She asked laughing again. “You’re a shrimp and seriously, look at my body could you compete with this?” She asked running her hand over her waist and hips.

          She was right and managed to put you to thinking for a second but then you realized. What she lacked was:

“Love.” You answered confidently. “Something you could never give him.” You continued walking away.

“W-where are you going?! I’m not done with you~!” She yelled running after you. You stopped and turned around on your heels.

“Also, being shorter than him, that’s a quality not a flaw.” You said waiting for her to get closer to you. “I won’t let you make him unhappy anymore.” You said walking away before she got to you.

“I TOLD YOU TO WAIT!” She yelled and quickened her pace when you heard a thud. “AH! STUPID HIGH HEELS!” She yelled hitting the ground with her purse. “COME HELP ME GET UP!” She ordered you on a harsh tone.

“Help yourself.” You said not even looking back at her and walked away.

“YOU !” She yelled throwing something after you.

“Woof woof, you missed.” You replied walking in the street and stopping a cab.

Youngbae’s POV:

“Where is Michelle?!” JiYoung yelled running around the big crowded room, looking for our hair-stylist. “MICHELLE!” He yelled again, rubbing his wrinkled forehead.

“She was fired.” I answered hoping to calm him down because his nervousness was starting to affect everybody.

“SHE WAS WHAT?! IT CAN’T BE! NOBODY ASKED ME?!” He yelled stomping his feet, trying to restrain from kicking something.

“Good evening, Big Bang.” The manager’s voice managed to shut everybody up.

“MANAGER, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?! WE HAVE 3 HOURS UNTIL WE GET ON STAGE AND WE DON’T HAVE ENOUGH HAIR-STYLISTS!” He yelled angrily clenching his fist.

“We have enough. Please meet your new hair-stylist.” He said inviting Miss Sweatpants in.

“I don’t trust her.” Seungri said giving her a judging look. “Michelle was hotter.” He said looking back into his mirror.

“A hair-stylist’s skills don’t measure in hotness.” She replied giving him an annoyed look.

“Ya! Don’t talk back to your oppa~!” He said raising from his chair and walking up to her with a flirty expression on his face.

“You can’t intimidate me. You’re a punk.” She said giving him an unimpressed look.

“Maknae, watch your attitude!” JiYoung yelled and Seungri quickly sat back into his chair immediately.

“I am very sorry for his attitude.” He said walking up to her and shaking her hand professionally. “We are looking forward to working with you so please start as soon as possible.”

“Uhm…” She said nodding, mesmerized by his professionalism.

          She said something to the manager and got a big box from her purse, in which she held all her tools.

“Hello, Youngbae.” She said yawning and running her fingers through my hair a couple of times.

“Hello.” I replied giving her a sincere smile, happy to see her. “Is this your first day?” I asked trying to start a conversation as she was playing with my hair.

“Yup, as you can tell from your band-mate’s reaction.” She answered, looking at me in the mirror and rolling her eyes. I laughed at her cute reaction and patted her hand.

“Don’t worry about Seungri, he likes to feel like a boss, he does that to everyone but he’ll get better after he gets used to you.” I said trying to help her relax.

“I hope so, for his own good, y’know, since I’m holding the sharp objects here…” She said laughing and spraying some more hairspray.

“Wow, you really know what you’re doing.” I exclaimed seeing how quickly she was done and how good my hair looked.

“Of course I do, didn’t you see my reference file?” She asked laughing and moved over to Seungri’s armchair.

“I won’t let you anywhere near my hair and I will complain until you get fired!” He said giving her an angry look.

“Listen closely you punk, this is my life-time dream and I’ve worked my off EVERYDAY to make it happen and I WON’T let ANYONE ruin this for me. Also, if I were you, I wouldn’t have such a big mouth considering who is the one holding the scissors here.” She said giving him a funny wanna-be-fierce look.

“T-that’s why I won’t let you near me!” He said sitting up from his chair.

“Seungri, watch your attitude.” I said getting fed up with his rudeness. “She’s a professional and she’s better than Michelle was so give her a break will you? She’s been hired for a reason.” I said giving Seungri a threatening look.

“Y-yes, hyung…” He said turning around in his chair and letting her style his hair, keeping his eyes closed the whole time.

“Are you still alive?” She asked after applying the finishing touches. Seungri opened his eyes slowly and after getting a glimpse of his hair he shot them open.

“IS THIS REALLY ME?!” He yelled excited checking himself up in the mirror from every side of his head.

          She didn’t say anything, just smiled and spun her scissors, giving me a proud look.

“I LOVE YOU!” Seungri yelled and jumped off his chair, hugging her tightly.

“Well, this is a major turn of events.” She said laughing and pushing him away. I was looking at Seungri hugging her and spinning her around and in all that agitation she made time to look at me and give me a pleased, happy smile. I looked at her and smiled back, mouthing an “I told you”.

“Seungri, the lady has to work.” JiYoung said slapping the back of his head and interrupting her cute moment of glory.

“Yes hyung.” He said letting her go, but giving her an approving smile.

          Since another hair stylist was taking care of Daesung and Seunghyun, she went to JiYoung and ran her fingers through his hair.

“Please, don’t play with my hair; I can’t stand it.” He said with a serious expression on his face, sounding kind of harsh. She pulled back her hand immediately, startled by his reaction.

“Yes, I’m sorry.” She said taken aback by his reaction.

          Knowing JiYoung since forever, I knew all his sides so I wasn’t surprised but thinking of it from her point of view; knowing JiYoung only from TV, interviews and stage, she must have thought he would be fun and cheerful all the time but when he was in “leader” mode, he was a very serious guy and got pretty scary.

          Everyone looked perfect in time for the concert and after the concert and after-party ended, she was the only staff member that was still there.

“What are you still doing here?” I asked surprised, returning to get my jacket from the stage and finding her looking at the big, now-empty arena.

“Thinking…” She answered still staring blankly.

“This late? Aren’t you tired?” I asked putting my jacket over her shoulders. She smiled, shook her head looking at me and slid her hands into the jacket’s sleeves. Her action felt like a déjà-vu and made me think back at my wedding. I called JiYoung to tell him I was going to take a cab and they should leave first, and then stepped closer to her.

“Can I join?” I asked and she nodded in response, patting the seat next to her. “Thanks.” I said giving her a sad smile.

“It must be scary.” She said staring into space.

“What?” I asked trying to find the place she was staring at.

“The arena, filled with millions of people watching you…” She said looking at me, the corners of turning slightly into a faint smile. “I was trying to understand you better.” She said looking back at the empty arena. “It must be overwhelming.” She continued, her stare turning blank again.

          I was staring at her, analyzing her every trait. She was nothing like Tiffany, both looks-wise and psychologically-wise. She may not have been as beautiful as Tiffany, not as breath-taking at first sight but there was something fascinating about her way of being. Something that felt impossible to decipher with only your mind. She was smiling a lot more than she did at the wedding, like she was always happy and cheerful, but her mind was always clouded by thoughts. You could read it on her face, but what she was thinking was impossible to tell.

“Sorry, haha.” She said breaking my thoughts. “I over think.” She added giving me a cute reassuring smile. “I think I’ll go home now.”

“Aren’t you feeling lonely? Living by yourself…” I asked as she stood up.

“It’s killing me.” She said laughing it off but I could tell she meant it.

“I’m not supposed to get home until the morning so if you’re not tired, how would you feel about some night-basketball?"I asked raising my eyebrows, provoking her to accept my challenge.  "I know a court nearby.”

“Depends of how you feel on losing.” She answered giving me a devilish smile.

“Challenge accepted, let’s go.” I said standing up too and putting my hand around her neck, pulling her towards the backstage.