Soulmate

Soulmate

            You spent the next week acting very professional towards all the members, except for Seungri whom you had grown very attached to, since he was like a puppy; speaking of which, Tiffany had asked Youngbae to take Boss back, saying she preferred standing “that creature” than knowing he had an excuse to go by your house. You gave JiYong some space because for some reason you felt he needed to be alone for a while and just spent the whole week by yourself. You sometimes went drinking with Seungri but after finding out he got drunk very easily and needed a ride home every time, you preferred drinking on your own.

JiYoung’s POV:

            The next week, she felt very distant and kept a professional attitude towards everyone except Seungri, that punk always managed to make her smile somehow. I had slowly and without notice started to grow fond of her presence around us. Her smile was contagious and she had become the good mood pill of the band and staff.

“Okay JiYong, smile for the camera.” The photographer yelled running around like crazy and taking shots from various different angles.

“I don’t feel like it.” I said giving him a blank cold stare. He didn’t comment upon that since he knew me well enough.

“MORNING! Sorry I’m late!” She yelled running in the room with bloody red cheeks and huffing her lungs out.

“Aish~ this girl… You’re late again… The leader is angry; you’re in trouble this time…” The staff manager said shaking his head in disappointment. She looked at me and waved her hands frantically, giving me a wide smile. I looked at her and the left corner of my mouth rebelled against my will and turned upside in a slight smile, making her smile even brighter.

            After congratulating everybody for their hard work on the photo shoot, I walked up to her and she greeted me with another smile.

“You were late again…” I said frowning at her.

“I know…” She whined faking a sad expression and pouting. “But it wasn’t my fault…” She said frowning.

“It never is.” I said leaving and laughing amused by her grimaces.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!!?” She asked faking a shocked expression and then laughing it off. Since we were busy the whole day, I didn’t get a chance to see her but happened to leave at the same time with her. I was walking out of the building when I saw her talking to the other members of the staff in front of the exit, smiling happily and looking pretty excited.

“Let’s go drinking!” A guy from the staff yelled putting his hand around her neck. I was looking at them and I think the look turned into a stare since the guy felt it and looked at me. “Ah, JiYong-hyung!” He yelled waving at me. Her head shot up and she looked towards the exit when she heard my name. “Go drinking with us!” He said giving me a polite smile. I looked at her and she gave me an awkward smile that I couldn’t decipher.

“I need to go home.” She said softly giving everyone an apologetic smile and removing the guy’s arm from around her shoulders.

“Eh~ why?” The guy asked pouting. “Come with us.” He continued and put his arm around her shoulder again.

“Please stop doing this, you’re making me uncomfortable.” She said stepping away from the guy, bowing politely and leaving. I did the same and followed her. After we got at a considerable distance from the group she stopped, turned around and smiled. “Did you want to talk to me?” She asked after I got in front of her.

“How did you know?” I asked surprised.

“I just did. You looked like you did.” She answered shrugging.

“She was a nurse at the Rehabilitation center I went to. After the drug scandal, because of people accusing me of doing drugs even though it was just a mistake… The pressure was too much for me to handle along with the band’s problems and work. So I started finding comfort in alcohol. I know it was wrong but it felt so right then. When Yang Hyun Suk-ssi found out, without anyone knowing he sent me to rehab. Tiffany was a nurse there and took very good care of me. She was kind and caring so I fell for her. Without knowing though, she fell for YoungBae who came to visit me everyday. So when I decided to tell her, after my rehabilitation was complete, I found out they were dating.” I said while she was listening carefully to my every word. "So I stepped aside, suffocated my feelings and let them be happy."

“Didn’t you consider it being a mistake? They don’t look happy to me.” She said giving me a serious look.

“Did you ever see them in their good times?” I asked laughing. “If you did, you knew they’re made for each other.”

“What if Tiffany was your soul mate?” She asked making me give her an amused smile. Asking all those question with that curious look on her face; she was just like a kid.

“I did wonder…” I said biting my lip out of habit.

“What about now?” She asked keeping that cute curious look on her face.

“After meeting you, I knew she wasn’t.” I said putting my hands on the sides of her face and kissing her.

            Fate has its tricky ways. It throws people in your way you swear are meant for you until the last moment, when it proves you wrong. You never know who your soul mate is.  Someone once said “people think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” And no one could have ever put it better into words so I won’t even try.

                                                          - THE END -