Sometimes

Soulmate

          You woke up in the morning and grabbed a bite before running to YG’s building.

“I’m sorry I’m late!” You said running into the room and seeing everyone running around like honey bees. Your blood froze when you made eye-contact by mistake with JiYong. He just briefly looked at you and then looked away quickly.

“Just get to work.” He said harshly sitting in his armchair. You pulled out your tools and walked towards YoungBae when JiYong yelled:

“Kris, go and take care of Youngbae’s hair!” The guy looked at you confused but complied with the leader’s orders. You had no choice but to go and style Jiyong’s hair so you clenched your jaws and walked towards him.

“Don’t give me that hateful look; I’m doing it for your own good.” He said noticing your deadly glare. You didn’t answer, just got to your job trying to avoid playing with his hair as much as possible. “I guess you hate me right?” He said after a while, looking at you through the mirror.

“In my job’s description it doesn't say that I have to like you or that I should talk to you, so let’s not do useless things, but hate is a way stronger feeling than those that I have for you.” You said sticking your eyes to his hair, avoiding his. “And in the future, please don’t do things for me unless I ask you to.” You said applying the finishing touches and walking away.

“Ah, dongseng!” Seungri yelled and ran over to you, hugging you.

“Good morning, sunbae.” You replied laughing at his cute reaction and patting his head.

“Style my hair, neh?” He said making some cute puppy eyes.

“Come with me for a second.” YoungBae said touching your arm gently.

“Youngbae, I need to talk to you!” JiYong yelled just when you prepared to follow him and Youngbae left giving you a regretful look. You walked out of the room and to the vending machine at the end of the hallway and bought a coffee.

          You placed the coin in but your drink never came out.

“AISH~!” You groaned in frustration stomping your foot. “What is wrong with today?!” You said kicking it.

“You have to push the button to the end…” A familiar voice said calmly and a long, slim finger pushed the button, making your drink fall. “Here you go.” He said getting your drink and handing it to you.

“I told you not to do anything for me anymore.” You said harshly, sweeping the drink away and leaving.

“I did it for the machine, you were kicking it mercilessly.” He said laughing. You kept walking and rolling your eyes at his poor "nice guy" act. Seeing him always made you feel like a filthy, easy girl so you tried to avoid him as much as possible; but it was kind of hard since you worked for and with him. You were walking quickly towards the staff’s room when you felt a cold hand grabbing your wrist.

“Let’s have a talk.” JiYong’s voice rang through your ears before you turned around and saw him.

“I’d rather not.” You replied pulling your hand out of his grip.

“Please.” He said giving you a pleading look.

“Let go of me.” You said articulating each word harshly, pulling your hand again, more aggressively this time. “I have nothing to say to you and am not interested in anything that you have to say.” You continued walking away.

“Are you okay with being a second choice?” He asked making your feet stop. “Are you okay with it?” He asked making your heart clench again.

“I…” You said swallowing the following words in an attempt to prevent your tears from flowing.

“He loves Tiffany.” He said walking closer to you. “Whatever it is that he is feeling for you, it's passing. Maybe the reality of being married scared him. Maybe he's gotten cold feet and you simply happened to be there.” He said mercilessly. “Whatever you do, he’ll always go back to her. This is just how it is.” He said, ripping pieces of your heart with his every word. In the end, holding back your tears was too painful so you just let them flow. His eyes grew wider when seeing your tears flowing and he reached for your shoulder but you stepped back quickly, your muscles becoming tense.

“Don’t touch me.” You snapped, wrapping your hands around yourself.

“Look, I’m sorry for…”

“SHUT UP!” You yelled covering your ears. “I don’t want to hear anymore.” You said backing away slowly and running in the bathroom, trying to get away from him. You walked out after waiting a couple of minutes, until he stopped calling you and got the day off to put your thoughts into place.

          You were sitting in your bed, looking out the window at the trees swaying in the wind. It had a calming effect on you. How could some words shake you up like that? A knock on the door startled you and threw you back into reality. You stood up sluggishly and walked up to the door, opening it.

          To your surprise, in front of you wasn’t a person but an adorable Boston terrier. You kneeled in front of him and patted his head, causing his small, almost inexistent tail to wave.

“What are you doing here baby?” You asked kissing the top of his head, thinking that it was the same breed as Youngbae’s dog. “What’s your name huh?” You asked his soft, short black and white fur. He was such a strange looking dog. He did not have the beauty of a Husky or a Labrador, but he was beautiful in it's own, strange way.

“It’s Boss.” Youngbae’s voice rang through the hallway, taking you by surprise.

“Woah!” You exclaimed. “You startled me.” You said laughing and picking Boss up. “I knew you had a dog but it never once crossed my mind that this could be it.” You continued giggling. “It’s nice to meet you, sir.” You said shaking Boss’s small paw.

“I actually have a favor to ask you.” Youngbae said interrupting your little monologue.

“Huh? Name it.” You said looking up at him.

“Could you please take care of Boss for a while? Tiffany doesn’t like dogs and she asked me to give him away but he’s so important to me that I want to know he is safe and close and I can visit him whenever.” He said giving you a pleading look, then putting his hands together as in a prayer. "I would ask JiYoung, but our relationship is no longer like before. I'd rather you have him if you would."

“Uhm, sure, definitely.” You answered nodding happily. “I was actually thinking of buying a dog so the timing is perfect!” You exclaimed hugging Boss gently. “Do you wanna live with me? Huh? Yes? You do? You do?” You asked in a silly voice, making him wave his tail like crazy. “He likes me!” You said enthusiastically bouncing around. "So I guess we have a deal." You laughed.

“I knew he would.” He said smiling happily.

“Oh, sorry, come in.” You said inviting him in.

          Once again, you just talked about everything and drank some beer; maybe a little too much, because all of a sudden, while talking you felt his lips crashing into yours into a soft kiss. You answered unconsciously since that was something you had dreamt of your last 5 years of life, but stopped the moment you realized the current circumstances.

“This is wrong.” You said pushing him away and turning away from his face.

“I’m falling for you.” He said turning you around to face him and looking into your eyes.

“You’re married, Youngbae.” You said feeling your eyes get watery. How could it be that felt so good, was so wrong?

“Sometimes I wish I wasn’t.” He said letting himself fall back.

“I think Tiffany is worried.” You said in a shaky voice, looking at his phone that kept ringing for the past hour. “You should go home.” You said handing him the phone.

“B…”

“Don’t worry. I’ll take good care of Boss.” You said giving him a forced smile even though your heart was breaking inside of your chest. That sentence may have been what you had been waiting for since his wedding… only if it hadn’t been for that sometimes. That sometimes validated everything that JiYoung had said...