If I could just see you...

Soulmate

--

          Monday was now in the past and you hadn’t receive any sign of life from Youngbae, but you tried to understand no matter how much it hurt you.

“Miss?” The man sat in front of you spoke.

“Yes?” You answered trying to hide the fact that you were daydreaming again.

“I said ‘thank you’, we’ll call you if we get any open spot as a hair stylist.” He said giving you a professional smile.

          Of all the times you could have been daydreaming, this was the worst: the interview you had worked your for the past three years.

“You can leave now.” He continued pointing you at the door and handing you your CV and file. You stood up and walked towards the door disappointed. You thought your file would knock out anybody. You had references a few people had, from famous hair stylists in New York that you had worked for. You had worked like a slave to get them and still, they were treating you like some cheap hair dresser on the corner of the street.

          You stopped and turned around determined to get what you had come for.

“If I step out of this room, don’t bother calling me.” You said with a confidence you didn’t know you had until then. “If you don’t hire me now, I won’t accept the job any other day.”

          The man looked at you with wide eyes, surprised by how bold you were. You looked him straight in the eye for a couple of seconds and then turned towards the door, turning the door knob.

“Miss, wait.” He said the moment you opened the door. “Y-you’re hired.” You turned around, trying your hardest to keep your composure and sat back at the desk, filling in the contract with your details. “You start in two days. Welcome to YG entertainment.” He said stretching his hand. You shook it firmly and exited the room with the same professional air you had but started freaking out and squealing the second the door closed behind you.

          You were making your little winner’s dance, spinning and jumping around in the hallway when you bumped into someone.

“I’m sorry.” You said bowing quickly and skipping away when a strong hand grabbed your wrist. “Oww…” You whined turning around and seeing Youngbae smiling cutely.

“Why are you so happy?” He asked tilting his head like a cute puppy.

“Are you really interested or just curious?” You asked giving him a suspicious look.

“A little of both.” He said laughing at your cute reaction.

“I got a job here, as Big Bang’s hairstylist!” You yelled squealing and bouncing around like a rubber ball.

“Really?! I thought we didn’t have any opened positions.” He said rubbing the back of his neck.

“Who could deny this?” You said showing him your huge reference file.

“Wow, this is BIG!” He said opening his mouth in surprise.

BANG... It was worth it.” You said calming down and giving him a smile of pure joy.

“Congratulations.” He said ruffling your hair. “I’m looking forward to working with you.” He continued, giving you a sincere smile.

“I am too.” You answered stepping on your heart to hold back a crazy impulse of hugging him. You wanted to snuggle into his chest SO bad that fighting it felt like you were being killed from inside. “I’ll be leaving then, see you in two days.” You added, faking a smile despite the excruciating pain you felt in your heart.

“Okay then.” He answered waving. You turned around and took deep breaths trying to make the pain go away. You opened your apartment’s door and stepped on the wooden floor. The cold wood felt good against your hot feet so you lied on it to cool off the heat your hurting heart spread through your body. Somewhere between the sun caressing your face, the wind cooling you off, brushing your hair gently and your thoughts, you slowly went with the flow and drifted in the dream land. You were awakened by loud knock on the door that snapped you out of your dreaming and threw you back on the cold and hard wooden floor.

          You stood up, your body stiff like an old lady’s. On your way to the door you noticed your clothes spread all over the floor, your body barely covered by your lingerie. You loved the hot weather and sleeping in your lingerie was one of your old summer-habits.

“Um, I’m coming!” You yelled ruffling through your drawers and pulling out a pair of baggy sweatpants and a large t-shirt, sliding into them quickly. You ran to the door, opening it quickly for your guest that had been waiting for quite some time now. You were wondering who it might be since you still hadn’t made any friends and nobody ever looked for you…which would have been bad if you died in your apartment because your body wouldn’t be discovered until the smell would have become unbearable for the neighbors. As soon as the door opened, your eyes fell on Youngbae sitting in front of your door, smiling.

“So not y.” He said showing you his perfect white teeth in a sheepish smile after analyzing you from head to toe.

“You’ve got the wrong address, y doesn’t live here.” You said giving him an amused look. “What are you doing here?” You asked in a hoarse voice, yawning.

“I came to make up for Monday - I didn’t forget but I couldn’t make it, I’m sorry - AND to celebrate your new job.” He said pulling a box of beer from behind his back.

“Come in, then.” You said moving to the side and letting him walk in.