A new beginning

Soulmate

“W-what are you doing here?” You asked dumbfounded, shocked by his sudden appearance. A week had passed since the wedding and you had broken any kind of contact with Tiffany and since you didn’t have any acquaintances in Seoul, you were practically on your own.

“I was passing by and saw you.” He said putting the box down, allowing you to take a better look at his clothes. He was wearing a black tuxedo that highlighted his fit body perfectly and a white shirt. You gave him a suspicious look and picked up the box again.

“I don’t need help.” You said trying to contradict your hands that were shaking like jelly under the weight of the box.

“I believe you do.” He answered picking the box from your hands easily and placing it back down on the ground.

“Well I believe you have better things to do.” You replied leaning down to take the box again but he did the same, stopping two inches away from your face.

“Aish~ you’re so stubborn.” He said looking you deep in the eyes. You jumped up and looked away trying to hide your bright red cheeks.

“Why don’t you just leave me alone?” You asked crossing your hands and frowning in frustration. He was married; he slipped through your fingers and along with him, three years of hard work and your dreams. You regretted nothing though. If it wasn’t for him, you wouldn’t have had the courage to stand up to your parents and go to New York to follow your dream of becoming a hair stylist. But he was married now and you wanted to move on, to let him go and accept the thought of him being out of your reach; but him popping up out of nowhere every time you needed someone didn’t help… at all.

         He looked up at you, lifting the box and gave you the eye-smile that made you fall for him in the first place.

“I don’t know.” He answered surprising you. You turned around and gave him a confused look. “It just feels right.” He said serenely like it meant nothing, making a ray of hope pierce through the dark clouds in your heart.

“First floor.” You said looking away, trying to suppress a happy smile.

“Thanks God, this box weighs a tone!” He said entering the building.

         You followed him with a smaller box, his words replaying in your mind like a catchy song. You were looking at his large back, hardly controlling your arms that begged to wrap themselves around it.

         Thinking Tiffany was the one that snatched him away from you made your heart break inside your chest. You smiled sadly, trying to enjoy the moment you had with him at the fullest. You wished he’d stay forever because you were scared of being by yourself, but you knew he would be keeping someone else company that night.

“The white door.” You said pointing him to your apartment.

“Wow, it’s really nice.” He said stepping in.

“It’s small but is welcoming.” You said shrugging and giving him a pleased smile, hiding your sadness.

“I think it suits you.” He said placing the box on the floor.

“You don’t know me.” You said doing the same and leaving the apartment.

“I want to.” He said before you stepped out, stopping you dead in the tracks. You smiled and turned around on your heels. If you weren’t meant to be soulmates didn’t mean you couldn’t be his friend, so you decided to give him a chance.

“You’ll be disappointed.” You said giggling and opened the box, pulling out some clothes. “If you want to help me, you have to change clothes.” You said handing him the clothes.

“Your boyfriend’s?” He asked looking at the man clothes you had just given him.

“Mine.” You answered giving him an amused smile. “I always wear comfortable clothes at home.” You explained.

“I see.” He said, being his turn to be amused. “So not y.” He said letting out a laugh.

“Then it's a good thing that y is not what I’m trying to pull off.” You answered pointing him to the bathroom. He walked in and changed, while you went and brought some lighter boxes. You entered your apartment and saw him standing in the middle of the room, blushing.

“I think they’re too tight…” He said making you look at the lower part of his body and notice his manhood was perfectly highlighted by the too tight pants.

“Oh my…” You said laughing and tried to avoid staring as you walked to the big box and pulled out another pair of sweat pants. “These are a lot larger, they should definitely fit.” You said throwing them at him and leaving the room blushing and giggling amused by his reaction. You were unloading some boxes from the truck when he joined you.

“They fit.” He said smiling as he grabbed a big box tagged as Big Bang. “What’s this?” He asked giving you a curious look.

“Merchandise.” You answered giving him a carefree smile and moving the box you were holding closer to the entrance.

“Are you a fan?” He asked surprised by the weight of the box.

“Didn’t Tiffany mention it?” You asked turning around and looking at him.

“She never actually mentioned you.” He said walking in the building.

“I see.” You answered grabbing a box and following him.

“It’s a shame; I wish I had met you earlier.” He said with a slight feeling of regret in his voice, making you feel the same.

“Yeah.”

--

         It got dark by the time you finished unloading your stuff. You both lied on the floor, huffing.

“I’m totally out of shape.” You said literally gasping for air after mounting and descending the stairs all day. “But what’s your excuse?” You asked him, laughing.

“I’ll just take that as a compliment.” He answered laughing. “Damn, those boxes were heavy.”

“I bet you’re hungry, wanna grab a pizza?” You asked turning around to face him and caught him already looking at you. You blushed but didn’t turn away, taking advantage of the low light in the room.

“Sure.” He answered looking at the ceiling. You stood up and crawled to the phone.

Youngbae’s POV:

         She was sitting next to the box, looking at the phone absent mindedly, without dialing anything.

“Is something wrong?” I asked looking at her.

“I… don’t know the number.” She said blushing and covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

“Me neither.” I answered standing up. “There’s a pizza place a few blocks away, wanna go?”

“No, people will recognize you.” She said letting herself fall back on the floor, hitting her head. “Ouch!” She whined rubbing the back of her head.

         For some reason, I couldn’t stop looking at her. I knew nothing about her; not even her name and I had just met her a week ago, when I made her cry. It was only the second time we talked but I found her fascinating. Being around her felt good, like being home after a long time.

“I’ll just run over there, grab a pizza and be back in a minute!” She said standing up and going towards the door. “Any preferences?” She asked giving me a quizzical look.

“Whatever you choose is fine.” I said giving her a happy smile. Before I could say anything else she was out the door and gone. I was looking at the ceiling thinking about my and Tiffany’s one-week honeymoon. Everything went smooth but as soon as we got back home, she started making scenes again and I was just tired of drama. My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw Tiffany’s name written on the display. “Yobuseyo?”

“Where have you been the whole day?”Her high pitched voice rang through the speaker.

“Helping a friend move in.” I answered closing my eyes for a second.

“You didn’t tell me about it.”She complained and I could imagine her pouting on the other end.

“I didn’t know this is what I would be doing. It was spontaneous.” I answered praying she won’t be picking a fight again.

“Next time, call me and let me know, okay? I’ve been waiting for you the whole day!”She yelled, her voice piercing through my ears.

“I’m sorry, I was just busy.” I answered running my hand over my forehead.

“I don’t care! A call is all I’m asking for! Can’t you make time in your busy schedule to call your WIFE?!”She kept yelling, giving me a headache and sending away the good time I had just had.

“Look, you know I’m busy okay? It’s not the first time it happens; we’ve already talked about this…” Better said, we had already fought over that.

“I DON’T CARE! Come home right now. It’s late and I’m waiting.”She said hanging up on me. Usually that was a bad sign, so in order to avoid fighting more I got dressed in my tuxedo and went home.

Your POV:

         You rushed back home with the pizza but when you arrived, the apartment was empty. You sighed and laughed at your own silliness. Of course he would be gone; he had a wife to get home to. You rested your head against the wall and slid down. Suddenly, the small apartment felt too big for only you.

         You turned the lights on and saw a note on the big box. You crawled to the box quickly and grabbed the note.

I’m sorry I left before you returned but something came on. I had fun today, we should do it again. When do you get your furniture delivered?” You smiled and turned the note around, noticing there was something written on the back. “07-XXXXXXXXX

         You took your phone out and saved the number, then sent him a text: “I forgive you. Monday.”