Give your heart a break

Soulmate

 

Your POV:

            Three days had passed and you forced yourself to ignore YoungBae as much as possible.

“What is wrong with me? A week ago my heart would have rejoiced at the hearing of those words. He wants me by his side, what is wrong then?” You thought while playing in Seungri’s hair.

“Is something wrong, dongseng?” He asked turning his head to look at you.

“Um…” You answered absent-mindedly lost in your thoughts.

“Did you have a fight with JiYong-hyung?” He asked giving you a worried look. His question snapped you out of your thoughts immediately.

“How did you know?” You asked giving him a quizzical look.

“You never look at each other…” He said shrugging. “It’s like you’re a stubborn couple.” He said giggling and raising his eyebrows.

“It’s not funny sunbae… It’s serious.” You said sighing.

“I heard it was because of YoungBae-hyung and Tiffany…” He said surprising you again. He must have noticed the expression on your face because he continued: “Rumors fly fast through here; someone overheard you.” He explained scratching the back of his head. “If it’s true, please don’t break them up. I know they’ve got issues but they really love each other and JiYong-hyung did so much for them…”

Suddenly JiYong’s words came flying back into your head:

“I sacrificed my own happiness for them to be happy.” Saying that you didn’t care about his reasons… was a lie and it probably made you sound like an insensitive , but you were just mad at him. Sacrificing its own happiness for their… you would have done the same; in fact all you did was for YoungBae’s happiness… if only would he have gotten the time to listen.

            You wanted to know what happened but you didn’t want to hear it from someone else. You wanted him to tell you himself.

“I’m done.” You said ruffling his hair a little after only playing your fingers through it for about 10 minutes.

“Wow, I look really good!” Seungri said admiring himself in the mirror. You giggled looking at him and seeing how naïve he was. You hadn’t done anything to his hair. He was either naïve or too vain.

            You walked slowly towards JiYong’s armchair, feeling a lump forming in your throat as you got closer to him. You ran your fingers through his hair once and he shot his eyes up from his phone, looking at you in the mirror. His eyes softened when he saw your face and then turned cold.

“I care.” You said giving him a defeated look.

“I’ve got a big bruise on my back from that can you threw at me…” He said pulling down his T-shirt's collar, revealing a big black bruise. “Next time choose a chocolate bar or something.”

“I’ve got a big bruise on my face, at least yours is hidden.” You replied pouting.

“I didn’t cause it.” He said shrugging.

“You deserved it.” You said frowning.

“You did too.” He answered, his answer making you a little frustrated; it was like saying he was glad Tiffany did it so he didn’t have to do it. “I don’t want to talk about it…” He said after a short pause.

“I wanted to hear it from you but if you don’t tell me, I’ll ask Seungri. He seems like a big fan of rumors.” You said shrugging and just noticed you had been playing in his hair all along. But he didn’t seem to mind it, on the contrary, he would sometimes close his eyes and enjoy it. You arranged his hair with one last brush and stopped. He opened his eyes and gave you a lost puppy look, then turned back to his usual cold stare. You gave him a quick smile then left to arrange T.O.P’s hair. You almost reached his chair when you felt a big hand grabbing your wrist.

“Let’s talk outside.” JiYong’s said, pulling you at the end of the hallway.

“Choose your next words carefully; I’ve got a pocket filled with coins.” You said crossing your hands.

“I don’t… feel comfortable talking about this.” He said looking away very serious, in spite of the joke you had made to break the dense atmosphere.

“I’ve been trying to figure you out, you know? I’ve thought your words over and over again for like a million times and got to a conclusion but I need to hear it from you.” You said looking at him seriously.

“And what is your conclusion?” He asked giving you a curious look.

“You love Tiffany.” You said bluntly, looking him straight in the eye.

“Heh.” He laughed giving you an impressed look. “And how did you get there?” He asked again.

“You’ve been hurt before, I can see it in your eyes. You try to hide it but there are some things that you can’t disguise.” He looked at you for a while then nodded.

“You’re right. But I loved her, past tense.” He said keeping the serious expression on his face and biting his lip. “I don’t love anymore. Love is not for me.” He said looking away and you could tell talking about it made his eyes watery.

“You know, you never really give up on love. You only get tired and force yourself not to want it. But maybe it’s time to give your heart a break.” You said smiling kindly.

“… I really…”

“When you get over this, I want you to tell me what happened. I’ll wait patiently.” You said smiling again and leaving.

“Why are you always smiling?” He asked giving you a confused, annoyed look.

“Because smiles don’t cost a thing so I can afford to give some.” You said placing your fingers at the corners of your mouth and turning them upside. “A smile can brighten a person’s day.” You said smiling again; turning around on your heels and walking away when you heard a coin falling into the vending machine, then felt a poke on your shoulder. “Oww! What was that for?” You asked looking down and seeing a piece of red candy.

“It’s for the smile.” He said giving you an amused look.

“A punishment?” You asked raising your eyebrow.

“A reward.” He said smiling, causing you to smile back automatically.