Let me give up on you

Soulmate

 

“Uh-um…” You mumbled nodding, while looking in the mirror at your cheek that started burning the moment you removed the ice bag. “Since when does she hit like that?” You wondered caressing your cheek and sighed. “What am I going to do now?” You asked yourself, laying on the couch and looking at the ceiling. For the past three years your goal was Youngbae but you had failed achieving it.

            Before you found an answer, JiYong returned with another ice bag and placed it on your face.

“Aish~ is cold!” You yelled jumping up and he started laughing cutely. You stopped and stared at him for a moment, kind of surprised since you had never seen him actually laugh or smile since you started working for them. He stopped when he noticed you staring at him and looked away, clearing his throat. “You should smile more.” You said giving him a sincere smile. “Hm, this doesn’t sound like an impossible goal at all.” You thought looking at his weird expression.

“You can take the day off today.” He said walking towards the exit.

“No, I don’t need it; I’m just going to stay here with this a little more.” You said waving happily.

            You rested for another half an hour and then went to see if there was something you could do. In the hallway, in front of the door were Tiffany and YoungBae yelling at each other like two rabid dogs. You tried to sneak by but YoungBae noticed you and ran to you, leaving Tiffany behind.

“!” You yelled in your mind and hurried up to enter the dressing room but he was quicker. “Just great, this quashes everything I just said to Tiffany...” He grabbed your hand before you even touched the door knob and pulled you closer to him, turning your face to look at your cheek.

“I’m so sorry…” He said giving you a regretful look.

“It’s fine, Youngbae-sunbae.” You said smiling even though your face hurt like you had a knife stuck in it. “I deserved it.” You said nodding.

“You didn’t!” He yelled glaring back at Tiffany.

“Look Youngbae-sunbae, I said some things to Tiffany that I shouldn’t have said… That slap… I really deserved it.” You said giving Tiffany an apologetic look. “She was just worried for you. And acting like this will only raise her suspicions…” You continued pushing him away.

“I don’t care what acting like this will do; she was wrong!” He said stepping closer to you.

“I think it would be better if we wouldn’t talk for a while; I mean except for work.” You said smiling awkwardly seeing the look on Tiffany’s face. “That hit really hurt…” You thought pushing him away again so you could open the door. “I should really go now; the guys are probably waiting for me…” You said and were about to turn the door knob when Youngbae grabbed your shoulders and pulled you towards him, into a tight hug.

“I don’t want to stop seeing you.” He whispered in your ear softly.

“Damn, just when I decided to forget about him!” Your heart and brain were both whining simultaneously.

“Yeah I’m just going to check on…” You heard JiYong’s voice getting closer and closer until the door opened and you saw him from the corner of your eye, sitting there in the door’s frame looking blankly at the two of you. Your arms shoved YoungBae automatically at the sight of his shocked expression. His wide opened eyes turned into a glare instantly, his eyebrows uniting into an angry frown. He stepped out and grabbed your wrist aggressively, pulling you at the end of the hallway.

“How can you be so hypocritical, ignorant and selfish?! You’re despicable…” He said giving you a disgusted look. “How much lower can you go?” He asked making you snap. You gave him a hateful look and slapped him hard across the face. He clenched his jaws and gave you the same look. “Did slapping me make you a better person?”

“You never asked me why…” You said feeling you were about to cry.

“It’s because I don’t care what your reasons are.” He said leaving. You searched your pockets for a coin and placed it inside the vending machine, pushing the button to the end.

JiYong’s POV:

            I walked away trying to get my thoughts straight when I heard a coin falling into the vending machine then a can falling.

“I just gave her a lecture and she buys a drink… this girl really is shameless.”I thought shaking my head slowly in disappointment. I took two more steps when I felt a heavy object hitting the top of my back powerfully. I looked back, then down, seeing a can lying on the floor.

“I HATE YOU!” She yelled giving me the same hateful look while crying. She wiped her tears and walked past me fast.

“I sacrificed my own happiness for them to be happy. I won’t let you ruin it.” I growled between my teeth making her stop.

“I don’t care what your reasons are.” She replied turning around and giving me an angry look.