Not so nice to meet you

Soulmate

 

          The ballroom was filled with people dancing gracefully to the rhythm of the waltz. My right hand was placed on the lower part of my wife’s back and my left was holding hers gently. Our bodies were swaying synchronized perfectly, as every pair of eyes in the room was laid on us.

          The music stopped and I placed a gentle kiss on her lips, both of us smiling brightly as applause filled the room. It was indeed the most beautiful night of our lives; the night when we started our journey together. I kissed her hand gently and she swept it away playfully giggling sweetly. As soon as another song started she ran off to find another partner, leaving me on my own.

          I sat at our table, watching everyone closely. I hardly recognized any of the two hundred faces in the room - not to mention associating them to a name - which made me feel awkward and out of place, my only guests being the YG idols which could be counted on my fingers.

“Jagi~”, Tiffany whined cutely. “Since you aren’t dancing, could you keep her some company?” she asked pointing to a petite woman who sat alone at a table looking around with no expression on her face. She smiled from time to time when people would look at her, and then went back to her lifeless expression.

“I don’t even know her…” I said giving her a pleading-I don’t want to- look.

“She was my best friend in highschool. She’s a nice girl, she’s just socially awkward.” She said giving me that smile that made me fall for her.

 “Then just let her be by herself.” I said standing and placing my hands on her hips, pulling her closer to me, then giving her a passionate kiss.

“Baby~” she whined, pulling out from the kiss and making an adorable puppy face. “Please…”

“Why do I have to?” I groaned rolling my eyes.

“She’s our guest.” She answered crossing her arms.

“She is your guest not mine.” I said shrugging and regretted it the second I saw her annoyed expression.

“Talking about mine and yours again?!” she asked harshly. “Why did we get married then?” she continued preparing to make a scene.

“That’s not what I meant…” I replied sighing and let my head fall back, closing my eyes. “I’ll go…” I finally answered giving up and complying with her orders.

“Thank you!” she exclaimed becoming cheerful and happy again, kissing me fugitively and then running away to dance. I made my way sluggishly through the room and sat next to the girl, giving her a forced happy smile.

“Hi.” I said trying to sound happy. I was aware that she wasn’t at fault for it but I couldn’t help being angry at her for being there.

“Hi.” She answered with no expression trailed on her face.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” I asked trying to start a conversation and only realized how retarded it sounded after asking, because I had seen dead bodies livelier than her.

“Oh, I’m ecstatic.” She answered not even trying to look happy.

“I can see.” I said escaping a laugh at her sarcasm, which I honestly, found funny.

“How about you? You’re the groom, aren’t you?” she asked giving me an emotionless look.

“Yes, I’m the groom and I am very happy, thank you for asking.” I answered forcing a polite smile again.

“You don’t look.” She said taking a sip of her drink and looking at the dancing couples.

“Well…”

“You don’t have to keep me company.” She said reading me like an opened book.

“I-It’s not that.” I replied amazed by her bluntness and ability to read people.

“Look, there’s no use in trying to fool me.” She said finishing her drink. “Tiffany’s always been good at persuading people.” She continued rolling her eyes. “So you can go dance or whatever.” She said waving her hand towards the dance floor. “I don’t even know what I’m doing here. It’s been five years since we last talked.”

“Wanna dance?” I asked giving her an honest smile this time.

“I just said you don’t have to bother…”

“I know. But I want to.” I replied reaching my hand and she slowly placed her small, shaking hand into it. Her hands were kind of rough, compared to Tiffany’s but they were very warm, despite the cold in the ball room and felt very good against mine.

          She placed one hand on my back as I was holding the other tightly into mine.