1 + 1 = Korea?

When life throws EXO at you, RUN!

A/N: Annyeong readers. Already 44 subbies??? WOW! *MIND BLOWN!* Thanks for reading my fic :D

Anything written in 'blue text' is Korean dialogue, it will only come up later in the chapter. Thanks XD

 


 

| Choi ~~~~~'s/ Cindy's POV|

 

Why is this so hard! My head hurts now.

I slammed my palms on my table and violently rattled my head, trying the empty my mind and start afresh.

Okay, chapter 4.7, the De Moivre's theorem. What do I do!

Yes, I the nerd am having trouble with maths.

"Yah! Nerd! Some people are talking here, mind keeping your studying to yourself?!"

Damn Alex.

"I hate you, you just made me loose my train of thought." I whispered.

"What did you say just to me Orphan?!" From the reflection on my glasses I saw Alex stand up and walk towards my desk.

Oh bother.

I furrowed my eyebrows, ignored her and began furiously scribbling equations and solutions across the page.

I am going to blow with all this Maths. Relax Cindy, breathe. In.... Out.... In... Out... Much better.

"I asked you a question you imbecile. Are you deaf?"

I could see her dress while I wrote, it was so short. I shook my head in disgust.

Ewwwww much?

I shivered at my thought.

"! I'm talking to you!"

I suddenly felt a force pulling me out of my chair. I looked up to see Alex holding onto my hair.

Did she really just do that?

I stood up from my seat, sending it crashing to the ground. I felt stares at the back of my head as the room went quiet.

Alex stepped back, she looked afraid of me.

Am I the first person to stand up for her? Interesting...

I walked around my desk and stood in front of her. "I am sick of you pushing me around all the time." I shoved her using minimal force, but she still managed to loose her footing and fall to the ground. "What makes you better than me!? Huh?" I glared down at her.

"W-what are you doing? You little piece of SHI-"

*SLAP*

"You have no right to talk to me like that!" I had officially lost my nerd image. Everyone was gossiping about me, and at the same time, students from other classes came to see what was happening.

Before things could get any worse, I marched out of the room leaving spectators speechless.

 

I ditched the rest of school and went straight home.

I stepped into my bedroom and face planted on my bed.

"ARG!! Stupid stupid Cindy! Why did you have to loose it!! Now people are going to ask questions! Idiot idiot!"

I rolled on my bed flailing my arms around acting childish.

On the bright side, Alex got humiliated.

I burst out into evil crackling, "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

 

*ring ring*

Is someone at the door?

I stopped my hysterical laughing and went downstairs to check the front door.

I peered through eye viewer and saw the postman.

I unlocked the door.

"Hello Mister, is there something wrong?" I slanted my head and looked at him.

"Nothing is wrong." he said, cracking a smile. "Just a delivery to a Miss Cindy Choi." He looked down at the parcel and read the addressed name.

"That's me!"

Wow, I never get anything. No one even knows where I live... Weird.

"Oh, well here you go, have a nice day Miss." He handed me the package and disappeared down the driveway.

 

I wonder what it is. It isn't heavy, so it's not dangerous, right?

I hesitated before ripping it open.

It read:

 

Dear Miss Cindy Choi,

 

We are glad to announce that you have been selected to become one of the 20 chosen people to take the scholarship and become an exchange student.

If you agree to join, you will be going to Korea to further your studies at any school chosen by your preferences.

Full scholarship applies to this experience and $50 000 worth of cash will be given for your own use.

An apartment awaits you in Korea for you to live in.

Included in this package is your choice of school, visual images of the house you will be staying in and an information form that will need to be completed for the company to ensure of your identity.

If you wish to continue with this offer please sign at the bottom of this page and post back to the return address.

We welcome you abroad and hope you have a comfortable stay in Korea.

For further details, please contact me at (**) **** ****.

 

Signed

Mrs Vivienne Joice.

Head of scholars program, Education Director.

 

OMGAWD!

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Unreal.. I GOT IT! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I let out a high-pitched ecstatic squeal, jumping in the air to celebrate my achievement.

After 30 minutes of screaming, I calmed myself down so I could read the rest of the information.

On the next page were photos of the house I would be living at.

3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK22533.jpglive_in_your_dream_apartment_93819902179

Interior-dream-apartment.jpg       DreamApartment4.jpg

 big-bathroom-designs-1.jpg       __dream_apartment___bedroom_1_by_flowerm

My eyes widened to the size of golfballs. This place is like triple the size of my house right now! And my house is already bigger than some people's!

I scanned through the multiply pages of images of the same place.

On the page after that were my options for schools.

Hmmmm. Let's see. They all look so... What's that word? Prestigious. Wow. Schools like this actually exist?!

 

SM High

Butler-Library-at-Columbia-University.jp

 

Woolim High

college_campus.jpg

 

YG High

bu1.jpg

 

JYP High

koreauni.jpg

(just imagine that those schools exist, but idols go to different schools)

 

My eyes bulged out at the sight of them and my mouth was hanging in a low 'O' shape.

This proves I have been going to a crappy school all this time.

I shook my head to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

They all look so good! Which one do I choose?

I looked over the schools again hoping that it would just hit me.

This is not working. Instead of choosing, I'm going to let fate decide this one.

I tore four slips of paper and wrote a high school on each one. I shuffled them around until I lost track of which was which.

3...2...1.

I shut my eyes and picked a slip of paper from the pile. I slowly peaked through my eyelids to look at the name.

YG? SM? JYP? Woolim?

But before I could see it, I heard the front door open.

Killjoy, Aunties home, I'll wait for her. I huffed out a breath.

Let's make this more enjoyable. 1...2...3...

"Auntie!!! I got the scholarship to go to Korea!!!" I raced towards her and bounced up and down, anticipating her response.

10 second later.

"Auntie? Are you okay?" I asked her worriedly. I shook her arm lightly and waved my arms in front of her face to get her attention.

"Huh? Did you say something. I was just spacing out there. Just give me a sec to collect this in."

She placed her fingers on her temples and paced the living room a few times before finally stopping right at the centre. Gradually she turned around to face me.

Then, out of the blue she began shouting at me, startling me where I stood.

"What are you still doing here!?"

Why is she yelling at me, I thought she wanted me to do this.

"Go upstairs and start packing! You got to get to Korea!" She gave me her signature smile and pulled me up the stairs.

"We need this, and this, and you must not forget this." She began plucking out all my clothes from my wardrobe and putting them on my bed.

I love my Auntie, she can be crazy at times but that's why I like her.

"What are you doing there?" My Auntie looked at me confused. "Aren't you gonna help me? This is for your benefit you know."

I stopped daydreaming and proceeded to help her.

"I forgot something." I pulled out the piece of paper and open it slightly.

Auntie ended up snatching it. "Why does it say SM High on it?" She questioned me.

"Nothing, it just seems that I'm going to SM High to study!"

"That school is really upper class, are you sure about this?"

"Of course." I smiled, "If someone tries someone I could always flip them over." I suggested.

"Ha ha very funny, now help me with this."

 

That night was filled with laughter and jokes, and I didn't want it to end.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

~1 week later~

 

At the airport

 

 

I can't believe I'm actually moving to Korea.

I gazed over my surroundings, breathing the last few breaths of Australian air.

Closing my eyes, I look back at the memories I had in Australia.

The time I found out my dad had left me.

The day Auntie took me in as her own.

My days at school as the nerd.

Lonely days.

Happy days.

Days that will be with me for the rest of my journey.

 

"I can't imagine life without you here."

I turned towards my Auntie. I could see that she was having a hard time holding her tears in.

"Awwww, Auntie. It's not like you're never going to see me again." I said, trying to make her laugh.

I hugged her tightly, holding what was precious to me and began to cry.

Why am I c-crying? S-stupid tears. Go away!

"Stop crying Cindy! I'm going to start crying now."

"I c-can't help it t-though. Whose going to help you when I leave? I feel guilty doing this." I cried in her arms.

"Just go there, be safe and enjoy yourself. Your 17, you need to live a normal life." She chuckled. "Get a boyfriend, just no funny business." she wriggled her eyebrows at me, suggesting something. "Oh, and remember to take pictures, send me photos and keep me updated!"

She pulled away from me.

"Calling all people on flight DH 483 to Seoul, Korea, gate number 17."

"Your flight is being called now." She hugged me one more time and pushed me towards the gate. "Go, just don't forget me."

"I won't, how could I forget you? I'll send you emails every week. I promise." I picked up my hand luggage, gave one last glance at Auntie before walking away.

 

~14 hours later~

 

"I have arrived! Welcome Seoul!" I screamed through the airport.

A few people looked at me, one of them even said, "tourist."

Oh, I do look like a tourist don't I? Hehe. Let's use this to my advantage.

I glided over to a security man and tapped him on the shoulder, "excuse me, can you please point me to the direction of the taxi's."

He observed me from head to toe making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"taxi find there way." He replied, pointing towards the east direction.

Haha, his English is so cute. I smiled and him before thanking him.

"Kamsahamida, have a nice day." I gave him a 90 degree bow and rushed outside.

From where I was looking I could see a group of girls bundled around a black van in the parking lot. Most of them were holding signs with the word EXO written on them.

EXO? I titled my head and thought for a while. Why does that word seem so familiar?

I saw 12 guys sitting in van until the door shut and it drive away with girls chasing after it. The sight was quite amusing to watch.

My view got disrupted by a taxi driver beeping at me, telling me to get into the car.

"You me taxi drive you place now." he said.

Is he trying to tell me to get into the car and tell him the address? I think so...

I got into the cab and told him the address and thanked him for driving me... In Korean, which had him slightly startled.

 

He drove me to my apartment.

I thanked him again and paid the fare.

 

Home sweet home I guess.

I used the opened the door and stepped inside.

The interior was better than the pictures showed.

Absolutely beautiful. Only three words were needed to describe it.

Best. Absolute. Perfect.

I quickly sent an email to my Auntie saying that I landed safely, and that the house was really nice and went to sleep.

 

~End of Chapter~

 


 

THANKS FOR READING CHINGUS! I'm already having writers block... must be something to do with being a rookie writer?

saranghaeyo!! <3

subscribe! comment!

Did you guys catch the B.A.P. reference at the end???

i love BAP's comeback song 'POWER'

SPOILER! (well, not really) high-light the text if you want to read it :D

If you are reading this (not really) spoiler, then don't say i didn't warn you =_=''

In the next chappie, a member of EXO will finally meet YOU! Guess who it is in the comments below if you want XD

FAIL SPOILER!

 

SPAM TIME! i love this part of the chapters. don't you??? 8D

tumblr_lzj1wh69PV1rpf0lco1_500.jpg

bap%2Bjello%2Brage%2Bmacro%2Bby%2Bnitewa

tumblr_lyfn55B8nu1qebdkwo1_500.png

bap+jump+macro+120128.jpg

b_a_p_macro_by_rawrbrittny-d4pni0s.jpg

tumblr_m33yo8MuAR1qkaz11o1_400.jpg         bap+blonde+macro+2+120128.jpg

tumblr_m33qpyszNu1qdvylzo1_1280.jpgtumblr_m33qpyszNu1qdvylzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m37m63oPx91qdvylzo3_1280.jpg

and we are going to finish with Tao's birthday group photo.

KUNG PAO MAKNAE!

aodww.jpg

Bye Bye Chingus @_@

thanks for your support!