Life is harsh, but it gets better~

When life throws EXO at you, RUN!

| Choi ~~~~'s/ Cindy's POV |

 

*BRING BRING*

 

"Okay students, class dismissed. Remember to finish the chapter tonight and study for the test tomorrow." The teacher said.

 

My classmates groaned at her statement. Some of them that only just woke up from their 'beauty' sleep looked around the room completely confused as to what was happening.

Once the teacher left the classroom I silently laughed at their facial expressions earning a few glares from the people surrounding me.

I hummed the song 'Lucifer' while I packed up my books and started walking out of the classroom to get to my job, well, one of them.

Today seems to be a good day, no dramas... Yet. I grinned in my head.

"Hey! Nerd!"

Oops... Spoke too soon, I hope they don't do anything bad to me today. I still have bruises from last week.

I took a deep breath before turning around and facing Alex, the girl that called for me. "Yes Alex. Is there a problem?" I shifted my weight thinking of what she was going to say.

"Oh, nothing much. Just wanted to ask if your 'parents' are picking you up today. Oh wait, you don't have parents, they left you because you weren't good enough for them." she said. Her friends or should I say followers snickered at her comment.

Why do they always bring up this topic, my only weakness. Grrrrrr... Pig brains. If only they knew I could beat the crap outta them blindfolded.

In my head, I imagined them getting chased by thugs down an alley way and getting robbed which brought a smile to my face.

"Why are you spacing out there orphan? Cat got your tongue? Or is it because you know I'm right about your rents?"

Students that were still in the room looked at me and back at Alex, hoping that a fight would break out.

Ha, if only they knew what I was thinking...

I bowed my head down and shuffled out of the classroom while getting comments like, "Ewwww look at her, in those glasses and clothes no wonder her parents left her. She's so ugly."

"She's probably gonna go cry in the toilet now like last time, I hope this time she doesn't stink up the place."

These accusations never bothered me, sometimes they made me laugh.

 

I walked to my locker and opened it to find my bag missing and all my books ripped up to shreds beyond repair.

Not this again, I already had to buy a new uniform last week after what the horses did to me. I don't have enough money to buy new books.

"I wonder if I should move schools again?"

I leaned on the lockers, looked up to the ceiling and had a mini debate in my head.

YES

NO

YES

NO

MAYBE?

I knocked my head to clear my train of thoughts.

"Aish."

Hurriedly I picked up what used to be my books and chucked them in the bin.

Good bye books, I will forever miss you. 

I faked a tear drop. 

Now... To find my bag.

I ran around the building like a crazy girl, looking in all the places where my bag could have been stored knocking over people in the process while getting yelled at by passing teachers.

"CINDY!"

I slowed instantly, "Yes Miss?"

"Miss who?"

"Uh. Miss Jones." I readied myself to be yelled at by Miss Jones. I knew she didn't like me, but I never knew why that was. It always felt like she was holding a grudge against me. Bystanders watched as Miss Jones walked towards me, or should I say waddled?

Heels do not do you any good Miss Jones. You look like a duck.

When she was right in front of me I braced myself for what was coming. Behind her I could faintly make out a crowd being formed.

"Miss Cindy Choi, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUN IN THE HALLWAY!?" Miss Jones yelled.

And how many times have I told you to stop shouting at me like I'm 100 miles away.

Breathe Cindy. Breathe.

I took a shallow breath mentally rolling my eyes.

"Enough times Miss. It will never happen again." I tried to make myself sound convincing but I could see from her eyes that I failed epically.

"That's what you said last time. I will not tolerate you running through the corridor anymore. Detention after school for the rest of the week."

I turned my head slightly, catching people shaking their heads and laughing at me like I was a joke.

"Yes Miss." I sighed and trudged away from her, forgetting about my bag.

Evil lady. >.<

 

-----------------------

 

 

| Alex's POV |

 

I smirked.

Look at that girl.

Pathetic.

And why is she always wearing those nerdy glasses. Someone needs to fix her fashion sense. No wonder she has no friends.

And always getting yelled at by my mum.

I wonder when she will learn her lesson? Maybe I should teach her one.

"Miss Cindy Choi, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO RUN IN THE HALLWAYS!?"

Nah, my mum can do everything. I'll just watch and relax.

 

"Hey, Alex." One of my 'friends' said.

"What is it now?" I turned my attention to her, pretending to act nice.

Ugh, these girls just follow me around to be popular. Disgusting.

"Can you help me pick a–"

"That's what you said last time. I will not tolerate you running through the corridor anymore. Detention after school for the rest of the week."

Yes, little Miss Ugly is getting detention. I should ask my mum to make her clean the toilets everyday.

Without listening to my friend continue, I walked away from the scene.

"Girls, let's go shopping."

 

 

| Choi ~~~~~'s/ Cindy's POV |

 

Later in the day~

 

Once I finished work at 5 I began walking to my second job of the day.

I still have 1 hour until works starts. What to do?

I thought for a while until finally deciding.

Sleep on a bench? Go to the park? Nah, I'll just have a peaceful walk around the neighbourhood.

As I walked, I could feel the wind rushing through my hair, whipping it back and fourth along with the cool breeze.

I sighed

I'm so tired of this. I wonder when things will change?

I passed a family with children holding ice-cream, eating away happily without knowing the dangers near them.

I wish my life was that simple. Only ever looking forward without doubt in the world.

 

I spread out my arms, soaking in the sunlight, enjoying the freedom I was being given.

"Ahhh." I plastered a smile on my face unconsciously and ran towards the ice-cream shop.  

"Hello Cindy, you haven't been here in ages. I missed my best customer." The lady behind the counter said.

"Hello Mrs Lay." I beamed. "I felt like being greedy today and treating myself to some sugar, and the first place I thought of was here."

"I'm happy that you like my sweets, what would you like today?"

"Hmm... Hard choice." I furrowed my eyebrows and pinched my lips together. "Umm.. I'll take a 2 scoop waffle cone, one scoop strawberry and one scoop rainbow."

Mrs Lay gave me my ice-cream.

"Thank you, I'll come more often. Bye."

"Bye Cindy."

I waltzed out of the shop savouring the sweet taste in my mouth.

I love food. If only I had some pocky to go with this ice-cream. Then it would be complete.

 

As I skipped to work I had a gut feeling that someone was watching me.

I cautiously swirled around and skimmed my surroundings.

I don't see anything...

I used my lips and blew a raspberry.

Me and my imaginative mind, always playing tricks. Now, where wa–

"Cindy Choi! You owe me money!!"

No way... That better not be...

"You better come here if you know what's best for you!"

Why did they have to find me now! They just ruined my eating mode. DAMN YOU LOAN SHARKS.

All of a sudden I was pulled back from my hoodie and tripped on the loan sharks leg.

"Ahhhhhhhh." I tumbled onto the ground, grazing my in the process.

Now he has really pissed me off.

From the corner of my eye, I saw him lift his arm and throw a punch at me.

But since I've learnt a lot of styles of fighting I knew what he was going to do.

Idiots, they always do exactly the same thing.

Still on the ground, I grabbed his arm did a foot swirl and jumped over him and landed on two feet on the ground. He looked at me in shock, not knowing what to do.

Before he could collect himself and react, I twisted his arm behind his back, using enough force to make him go through pain, but not enough the dislocate his arm.

"You people just don't listen do you, so annoying, like pests." I shook my head rapidly from side to side.

"Let me go you monster! You're just like your father. Crazy in the head!" He replied with a pained expression.

"Yeh, well you just lost to a GIRL." I mocked. "I wonder what your mates are going to say about that. Huh?"

He looked away, knowing that I was right.

"Retards! All of you. When can you guys get it through your thick skulls that I'm not going to pay that debt. There is no point chasing after me when you're all going to get beaten in the end with my fist." I knocked his head a few times before I raised my fist in front of his face, gripping it so hard that my knuckles turned white. 

I hope this scares him away, I don't want to get caught again. Let's just look tough for now.

 

"Is that clear to you?!"

"Y-yes, c-can you let me go now?" He looked a me totally frightened.

I loosened my grip from him and let him run away in shame.

Just another day in paradise. I chuckled.

 

After finally completing all my jobs I took a bus home to rest.

While sitting at the bus stop minding my own business, I saw a flyer on a local notice board. Since the bus wasn't going to come for another 10 minutes I stood up and read it carefully.

I wonder what this is, it wasn't here yesterday.

 

"Want to have an education in another country?

Want to have the ultimate experience?

Then join our newest student exchange program!

Sending students to 10 of the best countries for education.

There is no reason why not to apply!

Full scholarships to go overseas, don't wait!

Apply now at (**) **** ****

ONLY 20 APPLICANTS WILL BE CHOSEN FOR THIS PROGRAM!"

Apply now, or you may risk the chance off a lifetime.

 

EDUCATION! In another COUNTRY! FULL SCHOLARSHIP! NO NEED TO PAY?!

HELL-YEH!

I danced around in a circle.

"YIPPEE!!" I kissed the flyer and hugged it to my chest.

"Miss, MISS!"

Is someone talking to me..?

I turned around to face over 5 people looking at me weirdly.

Oops... Must have yelled too loud. Awkward.

"Are you ok Miss?"

"Uh, yeh, I'm totally fine. In fact, I am wonderful!" I giggled to myself and ran all the way home.

 

 

~End of Chapter~

_____________________________________

 

How was that for a first chappie?? :P

Remember, I am a rookie writer... so don't expect best quality writing.

SUBCRIBE, COMMENT! FEEDBACK MUCH APPRECIATED!

Now, since I updated so slowly.... Let's have some fun XD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOW LET'S FANGIRL/BOY TOGETHER!!

 image

 

tumblr_lk8kmdUi1D1qj60veo1_400.gif

I know you want to....

 Fangirling.gif

 

tumblr_m32jtolV2b1roqvhm.gif

 

Fangirling.gif

jonghyun-1.gif

I cant hold my emotions in!

tumblr_lxq93cfTse1qixh6co1_500.png

lol-6.gif

Last but not least:

i_heart_kpop_by_xxdark_valentinexx-d48h2

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO SUNGKYU!

sg7w.jpg

I am done now....

BYE BYE :D