Shopping Carts and Nyquill

7 Is Not a Lucky Number

A/N: ^""^ means chinese

When promotions ended the guys decided that we should have a party. If we were talking about normal people party then it wouldn't be mentioned in this story, and the chapter title wouldn't be so weird. To them the word "party" is synonymous with the phrase "Let's go somewhere the manager can't find us and grill meat and play". Still seems normal though, right? Just wait.

Someone had managed to get to get the key to the roof and so we had set up a small grill, a table, and a sound system (Jinyoung wanted it to be a dance party for some reason). We played a game to pick who did what. BamBam and Yugeom were cooking (god help us) Jinyoung and Jackson were in charge of food prep, Jaebum and Youngjae were the clean up crew, and Mark and I had to do the shopping. Guess which task ended the most disasterously. Go on, guess. Did you pick one? Well then read on.

Had I known that Mark had taken Nyquill only two minutes earlier, I would have protested very strongly against going in public with him and Jackson would've backed me up. We made it all the way to the big supermarket when the signs started showing. And by showing I mean that this giant infant crawled into the cart and fell asleep.  People were staring. Hard. I slid on my sunglasses, pulled up my hood, and called for help.

"Yah, Im Jaebum, why did you send him out if he was drunk?"

"Are you speaking informally to me?"

"Answer the question before I tell Jackson you left me alone with a drunk Mark."

"You're still speaking informally." I was gonna cut this boy.

"Jaebum oppa, why did you send Mark oppa out if you knew he was sick?"

"He took medicine, he should be fine."

"He's sleeping in a shopping cart."

"Oh. Well, have fun." And then this hangs up. 

So I do what I gotta do. I push the sleeping idiot through the store with a hoodie draped over his face. I can feel the people staring and taking pictures, but I ignore them and resolve to find a way to blame this on Jaebum. Once I got to the checkout, you could barely tell there was a person in the cart. Of course once all of the food was removed to reveal Mark, the cashier lady looked at me strangely and muttered something about "crazy teenagers". Well hah on her; in Korea we're not teenagers. Getting everything in the car was another story. Not only did I have to move my weight in food and drinks, but I had to find some way to move a person who was way taller and way heavier than me. It took me honking the car horn and flashing the headlights, but he got up and into the passanger seats. 

At the dorm I call the others and get them to help move the groceries and unconcious person up the stairs to the roof. I wondered why they put Mark on the roof instead of in his room, but we all ended up sleeping on the roof anyways (Jackson locked us out on accident). 

The party went well, Jinyoung was the only person who was dancing though. He dances like an old man, its funny and sad all at the same time. 

You guy figured out which task ended the worse, right? It was the shopping trip. Unfortunatly, that shopping trip was the gift that kept on giving when it came to trouble.

O.o.o.O.O.o.o.O.O.o.o.O.O.o

Living with Got7 has taught me to truly hate smartphones. It has become way too easy for complete strangers to take pictures of you without you noticing. There was once a time when, as long as no one had a camera on them, you could live in peace. That time is dead.

I woke up two days after the roof barbecue to Jackson shoving his laptop in my face with panicked screeches that made no sense in any of the three languages that I know. I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him into the living room. 

"Does anyone know what this idiot is screaming about?"

"Yeah", Jaebum said, "Did you know that people are really good at taking things out of context?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "The context was that you sent your drugged hyung out on a shopping trip. Of course people are going to take that out of context. He was unconcious in a shopping cart!"

"You make it sound like that doesn't happen to other people."

"It doesn't!"

"HEY", Jackson yelled, "What are we going to do about this?"

I turned to him, "If it becomes a problem we deal with it; until then we ignore it."

"I don't think things work that way."

"It works just fine for me. You don't see me getting in any trouble."

"You get in trouble all the time! Every time mom calls its because you got in trouble!"

"She also calls on your birthday." With that he slammed his laptop shut, and stormed off.

O.o.o.O.O.o.o.O.O.o.o.O.O.o.

Mom managed to wait until we were locked in the practice room (literally) to call. I almost pressed ignore, but Jackson started threatening me.

"If you don't answer now I'll tell her about your tattoo."

"I don't have a tattoo"

"I'm looking at it right now."

My hand involuntarily flew up to hide the small constellation of stars on the back of my neck. God dammit.

Jackson's eye widened, "I was bluffing! You really have a freaking tattoo. Oh ! Mom's going to kill me!"

"Blame Jenny jiejie (Chinese honorific like unnie or noona), she was the one who got me drunk enough to get a tattoo in the first place."

"YOU GOT DRUNK?"

 "Shut up, mom's calling." I answered the phone ^"Hi mom, what's up?"

^"I was checking the news to see how Got7 did in their promotions and I saw something about you pushing an unconcious boy in a shopping cart."^

I forgot that she was learning Korean. Goddammit! ^"In my defence it was all Jaebum gege's fault."^

^"...is he the boy in the cart?"^

^"No. He's the idiot in charge. He gave Mark gege Nyquill and then sent him shopping with me."^

^"So Mark is the one in the cart"^

^"Yes"^

^"Honey, who are Mark and Jaebum?"^

^"Mom. do you really not know Jackson's group members' names?"^

^"...Maybe"^

Jackson snatched the phone away from me, ^"How am I, the olympic gold medalist, the forgotten child? You only have two kids to keep up with, and its not like this information isn't readily available on the internet, which you apparently know how to use."^

^"Its not that you're forgotten, its just that Jessica gets in a lot more trouble than you do, so I always have to keep an eye on her."^

^"Knowing the names of the people she's living with counts as keeping an eye on her. Heck some of the members' mom's have Jinyoung feeding them information."^ 

At that she fell silent. Which can only mean one thing. The Guilt Trip.

^" I'm sorry that I've been such a neglectful mother to you two. My beautiful adult children. I will try to do better in the future."^ And then she hung up. My mom's a freaking genius. Jackson's going to be wallowing in guilt for days. I love that lady.

A/N: Good news! I have more chapters prewritten. Bad news, I'm still not sure how this story is gonna go. If you have any suggestions or scenarios (as long as they are non-) please feel free to leave them in the comments. Bye!