Chapter 9

It All Started With a Kiss

A/n: Hi, there. I am back with the story. Sorry, for not updating in a very long time. I was bzy with my personal life such as school and work. I was also suffering from a writer's block. This is why this chapter might be super boring. If it is, I apologize. Oh, if you haven't notice, I am not dead yet. Hehe... Anyways, my goal is try to finish this story as soon as possible. So, I hope there are still readers who is reading this. Anyways, I will stop talking and let you, readers, read. ENJOY! ^^

 

-Afterschool-

“Are you sure, you want to go?” Ella asks her best friend once again.

“Yes, I am sure.” Selina says. “C’mon, stop trying to talk me out of it. I have made up my mind.”

“But, it is not my house to begin with.” Ella tries to reason out. “I can’t just bring guests to their house without informing them.”

“Then call her.” Selina takes out Ella’s phone and hands it her.

“Selina, does it have to be today?”

“Yes.”

Ella heaves a sigh and grabs the phone out of her best friend’s hand. She dials the number to the Wu’s resident. “Hi, Mrs. Wu…” She greeted over the line. “I just call to see if it is okay if my friends come over today.” She paused for a short while. “Okay… Thanks. Bye.”

“So, what did she say?” Selina asks her.

Ella heaves a sigh. “You’re welcome to come.”

“Yes!” Selina cheers. “See, I told you that she wouldn’t mind.”

Ella rolls her eyes. “Whatever…”

“By the way, how are we going to their house?” Hebe asks. “Do you even know the direction to their house?”

“No, but I have a GPS. We can just use that.” Ella says.

“Oh, how can I forget? You have the latest version of the phone.” Hebe said.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Selina drags her best friends to the parking lot. “Since I drove here, I will take you back home.”

“Uh, what about Hebe?” Ella asks.

“I came with her.” Hebe answered. “She woke me up so freaking early to announce that she will offer me a ride instead of me driving to school today.”

Ella just nods her head.

“Well, let’s go.” Selina continues to lead them to her car.

-Wu’s Resident-

“Welcome back home, Ella.” Mrs. Wu greeted her with a hug. “Oh, these must be your friends. Please come in. I was baking some sweets for all of you.”

“Did my girlfriend come?” Xiao Bin peeked out of the door. “ELLA!” He was happy to see her by the doorstep. “I miss you! It was boring staying home alone.” He pouts.

Ella lets out a small smile.

“Kiss.” Xiao Bin requests as he puckers his lips and leans toward her.

Ella bends down to his level and pecks him on the cheeks.

“Hey, I don’t want that!” Xiao Bin whines. “I want it on the lips.” He points at his lips.

Ella shakes his head. “Sorry, Bin. Remember one kiss for a day.”

Xiao Bin pouts even more. “My girlfriend is a bully.”

Selina and Hebe laugh at the cuteness of the little boy.

“He is so cute.” Selina compliments the boy.

Xiao Bin looks at the two beautiful ladies and asks, “Who are they?”

“Bin, these two are my best friends.” Ella says. “This is Selina.” She points to Selina. “And this one is Hebe.” Then she points to Hebe.

“Hi…” Xiao Bin greets them. “I’m your best friend’s boyfriend, Xiao Bin.”

“Okay, since we introduce each other… what do you girls want to do?” Ella turns to her best friends since she did not have anything plan out for them to do.

“Show us your room.” Selina says.

Ella sighs. “Fine…” She turns around and leads the way.

Xiao Bin wanted to follow the three young ladies, but his mother stopped him.

“Xiao Bin, stay.” His mother ordered. “They need their time alone to talk.”

Xiao Bin pouts. “Fine…” Then he focuses his attention on the television.

-Ella’s bedroom-

“Wow…” Selina was amazed with the set up. “You did all this in one night?”

“No.” Ella answered. “It was already set up like this.”

“Well, that explains all the pink color.” Hebe says. “Knowing you, you dislike the color pink.”

“Yeah, but I can’t complain since it is not my house to begin with.” Ella sighs.

“I wonder why this room was designed.” Selina wondered out loud.

“Well, Mrs. Wu told me that she always wanted a little girl.” Ella explains. “When she was pregnant with Xiao Bin, she was hoping that it was a girl. However, she found out that the baby was another boy.”

“Oh…” Selina nods her head. “Did Xiao Bin use this room?”

“No.” Ella shakes her head. “Mrs. Wu told me that I will be the first one to use this room. She also told me that she is happy that this room can be used and especially when that person is me.”

“Hmm…” Hebe wonders. “Do you think that she is scheming on something?”

Ella shrugs her shoulders. “I don’t know, but I have a feeling that she is hiding something from me.”

“Do your parents know about this?” Selina asks.

“That’s the thing that I am curious about. They are best friends since high school.” Ella explains. “I am sure that they don’t have anything hide from each other like our friendship.”

“Did you talk to them?” Hebe asks.

“No.” Ella replied. “I haven’t seen my parents since last night.”

 “What do you mean?” Hebe asks. “I thought they are staying here with you.”

Ella shakes her head. “No, they said that they have a lot of business to do. They are going to spend their time at the company for a while. So, they left me under the Wu’s care.”

“Oh my gosh, Ella…” Selina says. “What if your parents are in this too?”

“No, they can’t be.” Ella shakes her head. “They would’ve told me something.”

“What if it is a secret?” Hebe asks.

“But what are the chances that they are related to the plan that Mrs. Wu have?” Ella asks.

“It’s only one way to find out.” Selina says.

“Oh no…” Ella doesn’t like this idea at all. “I am not going to do that. No way! Selina, they are our enemies.”

“But that is the only way we can find out what the plan is and who is also behind it.” Selina says.

“I have to agree with her on this one.” Hebe says.

“How on earth am I going to make him like me?” Ella asks. “You clearly know that we don’t get along with each other.”

“Well, you just have to figure something out.” Hebe says.

“You’re not helping.” Ella rolls her eyes.

“C’mon Ella, what do you have to lose?” Selina asks. “It is just a try. That is all I am asking.”

“And what do I get out of this?” Ella asks.

“Uh, the love of your life.” Selina joked.

“Haha… very funny.” Ella sarcastically says, rolling her eyes.

“Fine… What do you want?” Hebe asks. “We will do anything for you if this succeeds.”

“Anything, eh?”

“Yes, anything… you name it, and we will do it.” Hebe compromises with her best friend.

Ella thought about it for a bit before agreeing to the deal. “Fine, you girls got yourself a deal.”

“May we know what we have to do?” Selina asks.

“Nope.” Ella zips shuts. “Not telling it is a secret.”

“Yah… that’s not fair.” Selina protests.

“Sorry, bestie.” Ella says. “You will just have to wait until he falls for me.”

Selina groans in annoyance. “Fine… tonight we will start the mission.”

“What?” Ella shouts. “I thought we are going to start tomorrow.”

“No, I want it tonight.” Selina says.

“But I am not even prepared yet.” Ella says.

“Girl, you have me here.” Selina grabs out her equipment out of her handbag. “You don’t need to fear, I got your back.”

Ella groans. “Gosh, I don’t want to wear a mask while eating my dinner.”

“Hey, it is not a mask.” Selina scolds her. “It is make-up. Now shut up and let me work my magic on you.”

Ella has no choice but allows her best friend to do her magic or what she calls it a torture.