Chapter 5

It All Started With a Kiss

-At Wu’s Resident-

“We’re here.” Vanness parked his car in front of a beautiful house.

“Come inside the house. I’ll get my oldest son to carry the luggage.” Charlene says as she opens the door.

However, Ella remains inside the car as she carries the luggage herself.

“Mommy…!” A young boy runs toward his parents.

“Oh my, is this your youngest son?” Vicki asks, looking at the adorable boy with so much love.

“Yes, he is.” Charlene replies. “Xiao Bin is his name.”

“Xiao Bin, go call your brother to help our guest with the luggage.” Charlene ordered.

Xiao Bin nods his head and runs toward his older brother’s room.

“Gege, mommy called you to help our guest with the luggage!” Xiao Bin opens the door and shouts.

His older brother stops reading his book and takes his glasses off. Then he turns to face his younger brother with a smile. “Okay, I’ll be there in a second.”

“Gege, what are you reading?” The four year-old climbs up onto the bed, sitting next to his brother.

The older brother just smiles and rubs his younger brother’s head. “C’mon, ma is going to get mad if we don’t go now.”

Xiao Bin pouts and whines. “Ge…!”

“Ah, there you are!” Charlene exclaims when she saw her oldest son. “Now go outside and help their daughter with the luggage.”

While walking out of the house, the young man carelessly grabs onto one of the luggage when a young woman placed them safely on the ground.

When the young woman finished unloading the last luggage out of the car, she noticed that there is someone grabbing onto her luggage. “YAH, THIEF!” She shouted as she did not see the thief’s face.

“Yah, who is the thief here?” The young man turns to face the young woman in furious.

“YOU…!” They both gasp as they look at each other face to face.

“THIEF…!” Ella keeps on shouting at the young man. “What are you doing here, you thief?”

“I happen to live here, retard.” Chun rolls his eyes. ‘Great! Why does it have to be her out of all the girls here?’

“Let go of my luggage, you thief!” Ella slaps his hands away from her luggage.

Chun rolls his eyes at her. “Look, I’m being kind here. I am helping you with the luggage, not going to steal your things.”

“I DON’T BELIEVE YOU!” She shouts at him.

“Look, my mom told me to help you. Therefore, I have to help you or else you can just rot to hell for all I care.” Chun hissed at her.

“I rather rot in hell than to let you help me, jackass.” Ella hisses back.

“Ge, mom is wondering what is taking you so long.” Xiao Bin says as he walks out of the house to see his brother with a girl. “Oh, is that ge’s girlfriend?”

“NO!” Immediately, Chun replies.

Xiao Bin looks at Ella and smiles. “Hi, my name is Xiao Bin. Are you my brother’s girlfriend?” Xiao Bin asks since he did not believe his brother.

“Awe, you’re so cute.” Ella bends down to his level and says, “My name is Ella, and I am NOT his girlfriend.”

“Really…?” Xiao Bin asks, not believing her either.

Ella nods her head.

“Then can you be my girlfriend?” Xiao Bin smiles at her cheekily. “You’re pretty unlike those girls that ge always bring home.”

Ella looks at Chun, weirdly. ‘He brings a lot of girls to his house? What the hell…’

“Yah, I did not bring them home.” Chun tries to defend himself. “They just happen to follow me home.”

“Uh-huh… Like mommy said Chun ge is a player.” Xiao Bin sticks out his tongue.

“Oh, I like you already.” Ella smiles at the four year-old boy and kisses his cheeks.

“So does that mean you are girlfriend now?” Xiao Bin asks her.

Ella laughs at the cute boy and nods her head. “Sure, I’ll be your girlfriend.”

“YAH, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU AGREEING TOO! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW OLD HE IS?” Chun shouts at her.

Ella rolls her eyes at him. “Gosh, what kind of a girl do you think I am? Of course, I know how old he is.” She hissed. “It is not like he knows what a girlfriend is. He is still young to know what love is.”

Chun rolls his eyes. “He is smart for his age. Don’t judge him because he is a little boy.”

“Ella jie since you are girlfriend now, we have to kiss.” Xiao Bin declares.

“Eh?” Ella is surprise to hear that from a four year old.

“See, what I mean.” Chun scoffs.

Ella glares at him. “I’m guessing he learned from you, jerk.”

“Yah, why do you assume that I am the cause of this?”

“Well, is it not?” She looks at him directly in the eyes.

Chun gulps down his saliva and confesses. “Fine, fine, it is partly my fault. But most of it is because my parents.”

Ella just snickers as she heard his confession.

“Jie…” Xiao Bin tugs onto the ends of her shirt. “Kiss.” Then he closes his eyes and puckers his lips together.

Ella just shrugs her shoulders as she bends down and pecks the lips of the four year-old boy.

“YAY! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!” Xiao Bin shouts as he runs into the house to announce the happy news to his parents.

“You know, you just stole his first kiss.” Chun crosses his arms around his chest and leans on the car.

Ella shrugs her shoulders. “It is not like he will remember when he grows older.”

     “Yeah, like you have forgotten about us.” Chun mutters.

“What was that?” Ella looks at him.

“Nothing…” Chun immediately replied. “Come on, we should get inside the house.”

“Why should I go inside the house with you?” Ella snaps back.

“Look, it is getting late. I am getting tired already. I do not want to stand here in the middle of the night to have a pointless argument.” He told her. “However, I don’t mind to leave you here out here all alone. Just don’t blame me when you’re in danger.”

“Danger…?”

“Oh, you do not know?” He gasps. “Have you ever heard that late at night, there are sounds of a werewolf who comes to hunt for human flesh?”

Ella begins to shiver a little as she does not like horror stories. “Yah, you’re joking, right? There’s no such thing as werewolves.”

Chun just shrugs his shoulders. “Oh well, I did warn you.” Then he lifts the luggage in both hands. “Don’t say that I didn’t warn you.” He smirks as he walks to his house.

“Hey, wait for me!” She grabs the left overs and runs beside her enemy.