Chapter 6

It All Started With a Kiss

-Next Day-

“Good morning.” Mrs. Wu greeted the young woman. “I’m sorry, did I wake you up.” She ties the window curtains to the side so the sunlight can shine through the room.

The young tomboyish woman groans as the bright light shine through her room. “Morning…” She mutters as she buries her face on the pillow.

“Awe, did you not have enough sleep?” Mrs. Wu asks.

The young tomboyish woman shakes her head. “No, I’m just not used to waking up this early.” She sits up from her bed as she lets out a light yawn and rubs her tired eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry, sweetie.” Mrs. Wu apologizes.

She shakes her head. Then she slowly gets out of her bed and stretches.

“I’ll go and make your breakfast.” Mrs. Wu says as she left the bedroom and closes the door after her.

-Dining Room-

“Ah, sweetie… I’m glad you just made it in time.” Mrs. Wu smiles at the young tomboyish woman.

The young tomboyish woman returns the smile to the woman. Then she went to take her seat around the table, waiting for her breakfast.

“Here you go, sweetie.” Mrs. Wu places her breakfast on the table in front of her.

“Thank you.” She smiles at Mrs. Wu.

“Mommy, what are we having for breakfast?” Xiao Bin asks as he walks toward the kitchen.

“We are having omelet and sausages.” Mrs. Wu answered.

“With bacons…?” Xiao Bin asks.

“Yes, with bacons.” Mrs. Wu replies.

“Yay! I love bacons.” Xiao Bin cheers as he went to take his seat at the table. “Oh, my girlfriend is here!” He cheers as he sees the young tomboyish woman eating her breakfast. “Kiss.” He leans in forward as he commands for a kiss.

The young tomboyish woman just shakes her head. “You’re so cute.” She wipes the grease out of her lips and leans in forward to kiss Xiao Bin on the cheeks.

Xiao Bin smiles in happiness as he cheers. “Yay, I got a good morning kiss from my girlfriend!”

Mrs. Wu just laughs at her youngest son’s childish behavior.

Mr. Wu pretends to cough and says, “Binnie, sit down.”

“Yes, daddy…” Xiao Bin sits in his seat properly.

Mr. Wu just shakes his head at his youngest son.

“Morning, mom…” Their eldest son greets the family.

“Morning, Chun.” Charlene greets back as she places a plate of omelet and sausages on the table for Xiao Bin.

“Mommy, where’s my bacon?” The four-year old boy asks.

“Oh my, I’m sorry, Binne.” She goes back to the oven and grabs some bacon for him. “Here you go.”

“Chun, I heard that you and Ella are attending the same school, am I correct?” Mr. Wu says.

“Yes, dad.” Chun replies as he waits for his breakfast.

“Excellent.” Vanness smiles. “Therefore, I am putting Ella’s care under your responsibility.”

“WHAT!” Ella choked onto the sausages that she was eating.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” Charlene rushes to the dining table with a cup of water. “Here, drink this.”

Slowly, Ella drinks the water and asks Mr. Wu, “Can you explain what you said earlier please?”

Vanness drinks his cup of coffee and explains what he meant. “I am saying that it is Chun’s responsibility to take Ella Chen to school in the morning and bring her back home SAFELY after school. If Ella Chen is harm in any way, the consequences will hold directly towards Chun.”

“WHAT!” Chun shouts in protest. “Why do I have to take care of her?”

“Because I said so.” Vanness responds. “Is there a problem?”

“Well…” Ella was about to say something but couldn’t because Chun immediately covers from speaking out the truth.

“No, there is no problem, dad.” Chun gives him a small smile. “Right, Ella?” Then he glares at her.

Ella just nods her head and moves his hand away from . “Y-yeah… Nothing’s wrong.” Then she glares back at him.

“Ge, I am trusting you to take care of my girlfriend, okay.” Xiao Bin orders.

“Alright, little man.” Chun rubs his little brother’s hair.

“Ge… Stop it!” Xiao Bin pouts as he fixes his hair again. “I just combed it, and you mess it up again.”

Ella just smiles at the cute four-year old boy. ‘Wow… He sure knows a lot for his own age.’

After eating a couple of bites from his meal, Chun immediately gets up from his chair and walks to the front door.

Ella sees that he is leaving the dining table without telling her. Therefore, she looks at Mrs. Wu.

Mrs. Wu signals for her to leave also. “Don’t worry. He is like that. If you go now, you will catch up to him.”

Ella just sighs and nods her head. She left the dining table after shoving another piece of omelet into and rushes out the house to catch up with the ignorant jerk.

“Hey, wait up!” Ella shouts after him. “Can’t you slow down?”

He did not say anything. He just kept on walking.

“Yah! Did you hear what I just said?” She had finally caught up to him.

Chun stops walking and points to the opposite direction from him. “If you take this road, you can reach the bus in fifteen minutes. We will part from here.”

“Hey! Where are you going?” She asks him. “Aren’t you going to school also?”

“Yes, but I’m not going to school with you.” He told her.

“I am going wherever you are going.” Ella told him. “Besides, didn’t you hear what your father said? You are supposed to take care of me.”

“Look, do you really need me to take care of you?” He asks her coldly. “The only reason I didn’t protest because it is useless to fight back with my own dad when his mind is set. No one can change it.”

“Well, what do you want me to do?” She asks. “This is my first time around this neighborhood. I have no ing idea where I am right now.”

“I just told you the direction where to go.” He told her.

“I am not trusting you unless you go with me.” She says. “For all I know, you can just direct me to a place which is unsafe.”

“Boy, do you really hate me that much to not even trust my words?” He rolls his eyes.

“I don’t hate you.” She mutters. “I just don’t like you.”

“Same …”

“No, it isn’t.”

“What’s the difference?” He rolls his eyes once again. “It is still the same category as hate.”

“Whatever…” She shrugs her shoulders. “It is pointless to explain these feelings to an ignorant jerk.”

“Yah!” He points at her, rudely. Then he groans out of anger. “What the am I doing, talking to this stupid girl?”

“You started.” Ella sticks out her tongue at him.

“You go that way, I go this way.” Chun pushes her to opposite direction from him and walks away.

Quietly, Ella follows him from behind, not trusting his words.  

 

A/N: Sry for not updating lately. I had a minor writer block for the stry. Therefore, I couldn't really update much. Neways, updates from now on will be super slow due to my personal life and writer blocks that i am having. Hopefully, I'll overcome them soon. I hope you like this chapter. A lil of CE moments. More to come soon.