Chapter 1

It All Started With a Kiss

-Thirteen years later-

“Ella honey, wake up!” An elderly woman tries to wake the young woman up from her slumber.

“Ugh…” A young tomboyish woman groans as she hugs onto her pillow, not wanting to get up from bed.

“Honey, it is your first day of senior year.” The elderly woman tries once again.

“Ma… Give me five more minutes.” She mumbles onto the pillow.

“Honey, you said that five minutes ago.” Her mother says, pulling her blanket off the bed.

The young tomboyish woman groans as she slowly raises herself from her bed. “Ma…”

“Go wash up before your brother leaves you.” Her mother orders her. “You do not want to be late on your first day of being a senior, do you?”

“Okay, okay.” Ella surrenders as she slowly slides out of her bed and drags herself to her bathroom.

“I expect you to be downstairs in fifteen minutes.” Her mother shouts before she slams the door to her bathroom.

-Fifteen minutes later-

Ella walks down the stairs and enters the kitchen to see her father and brother around the dining table, eating their breakfast. “What are we having?”

“Good Morning, princess.” Calvin greets her. “We’re having pancakes.”

“Morning, Calvin ge.” She greets back. “Yum...” She her lips as she grabs a stack full of pancakes onto her plate.

 Calvin just sighs as he saw that her sister had a large amount of pancakes onto her plate.

“Delicious!” She says with full of pancakes.

“Mei…” Calvin warns her. “Don’t talk with your mouth full.”

Ella swallows her food and apologizes. “Ops… Sorry.”

Mr. Chen just rolls his eyes at her daughter’s behavior as he continues to read the newspaper.

“Calvin, Ella, hurry up and go to school before you’re late!” Their mother told them from the kitchen.

“Okay, mom!” Calvin replies back as Ella continues to stuff herself with pancakes before leaving the dining room to put on her shoes.

Her father pretends to cough and asks, “Are you forgetting something?”

Ella’s eyes becomes wide as she remember her school bag. She runs toward her bedroom and grabs her school bag. “Thank you, pa!” She runs toward the door.

Her father pouts at his daughter’s action. “I didn’t mean that!” He said. “Are you forgetting something else beside that?”

Ella thought for a while and smiles. She slowly walks toward her father and gives him a peck on the cheek. “Have a nice day at work, pa.” With that she left the house with her older brother.

Mrs. Chen just snickers at her husband when she sees that he has a huge smile on his face when her daughter kissed him.

-At Ping Ling High-

“Bye, Calvin ge!” She also gives him a peck on the cheek.

“I’ll pick you up after school.” He told her.

Ella just nods her head and waves goodbye to him before walking to the school’s property.

“Ella!” Her two best friends wave at her when they saw her entering the school’s property.

“Selina… Hebe…” She waves back at them and gives them a tight hug.

“Miss you so much!” They all said together and then laugh.

“How was your trip, Selina?” Ella asks her best friend.

Selina just shrugs her shoulder. “Could’ve been better.”

“I’m sensing that something happened.” Hebe, their wise best friend, says.

Selina rolls her eyes. “You talk like you know everything about me.”

“Well, can’t help the fact that you are obvious.” Hebe sticks her tongue out at her best friend.

“How about you, Ella?” Selina asks. “What did you do over the summer?”

Ella heaves a sigh and says, “Lots of things happen that I don’t really want to talk about.”

“Oh…” Selina frowns as she is curious to what her best friend can be hiding from them. “What about you, Hebe?”

“I stayed home and study.” Hebe shrugs.

“BORING!” Selina shouts at her best friend’s answer.

“Hebe, you did not just spent 3 MONTHS on nothing, did you?” Ella asks, not believing that her best friend would spend her vacation time on studying instead of having a break.

Hebe nods her head. “I did.” She replies. “What is so bad about that? You know I’m not the top student of the school for nothing.”

Her best friends roll their eyes at her. “You need to get a life.”

“Hey, I do have a life.” Hebe pouts. “I just choose to not go out and stay home.”

Ella sighs. “C’mon, it is our first day of school of being seniors. We should not fight and ruin the moment with useless stuff.”

“I agree!” Selina squeals. “I cannot believe that we’re already seniors!”

“I know… Time sure flies fast.” Hebe nods her head.

“I can’t wait until prom night, grand night, and all of the other events.” Selina beams in happiness. “ that I missed homecoming though. I had to visit my family in Tai Pei.”

“Well, I didn’t go either.” Hebe tries to cheer her friend up. “And I’m sure that Ella didn’t go either.”

“Of course, I didn’t go.” Ella adds in to proof her best friend that she is right. “Why should I go to homecoming for?”

Selina rolls her eyes at them. “Am I the only person who is excited about this?”

“Apparently, yes.” Hebe nods her head.

“AHHHHH!” Suddenly, they heard a group of young women screaming.

The three young women roll their eyes. “Here they come.”

“FAHRENHEIT IS COMING! FAHRENHEIT IS COMING!” The scream got louder and louder as the group of young men approaches the school’s property.

  Ella groans as she hates the noises from the young women. “Let’s go, girls. I don’t want to stick around with those crazy fan girls.”

Selina nods her head in agreement. “Sure.”

Then the three young women walk away from the school’s building.

“GUYS, S.H.E ARE HERE!”  A fan boy shouts to his friends. “S.H.E ARE HERE!”

Ella groans even more. “Gosh, isn’t there a place where we can stay in peace?” She sighs. “It is like wherever we go, we either encounter with crazy fan girls of Fahrenheit or our fans.”

“Well, the school is divided because of us after all.” Selina points out. “There are some who follows Fahrenheit… and some follows us.”

“Majority, we get the boys while they have the girls.” Hebe adds.

“I don’t understand why though.” Ella complains. “We are no different from them.”

“I don’t think that is the reason to why they like us.” Selina replied.

“It is because of our parent’s status.” Hebe concluded. “The school is based on our parent’s wealth.”

“What is so great about those Fahrenheit boys?” Ella rolls her eyes as she leans on a big tree, waiting for the school’s bell to ring.

Her best friends shrug their shoulder as they do not know what to say.

Meanwhile…

“Chun, this is for you.” A fan girl approaches him as she extends her arms in front her, holding onto a pink envelope. “Please accept this.” She hangs her head low as she blushes.

Chun looks at the young woman and walks away, not giving a damn if he just embarrassed her in front of her classmates.

“Bro, what you did was horrible.” One of his best friends says. “You just embarrassed her in front of everyone there.”

Chun shrugs his shoulder. “So?”

“The arrogant price is back.”

“Whatever…” Chun just walks pass them.

Meantime…

“Ella, here...” A fan boy gives a light brown teddy bear that is holding onto a heart. “Please accept it.”

Ella looks at the young man and smiles at him. “Thank you for the present but I cannot accept it.”

The young man frowns and drops his arms. “I understand, but I still want you to keep the teddy bear.”

Ella smiles at him for his sincerely and accepts the teddy bear. “I’ll accept the gift as friends.”

The young man nods his head and says, “Thank you. I’ll see you later.” Then he runs toward his friend with a smile.

Her best friends whistle at her. “Wow, it is our first day of senior year, and you have someone confessing their feelings for you already.”

Ella rolls her eyes. “Well, it looks like that I’m not the only one.” She points to the direction of a group of young men.

“Oh my god…” Selina squeaks. “That was so ing rude of him to do!”

Hebe heaves a sigh. “I feel sorry for the girl.”

“That bastard!” Ella gritted her teeth together. “Who the does he think he is to treat a girl like that?”

“Calm down, Ella.” Her best friends try to calm her down. “Let’s not try to pick a fight today.”

Ella nods her head as she tries to hold onto her anger. “That bastard…”