I'm Not Going to Sleep Today Am I?

My Charming Key

 


Key stood up."WHAT?" His mouth fell open as he stared at Minho.

Minho returned the stare with the same intensity. But it was only three seconds before the corner of his lips curled into a sneaky smile and he burst into laughter. He clutched his stomach and pointed at Key.

“Huh…” Key gave a bewildered look.

“Your face!” He looked at Key again. “RELAX. I was kidding!” He continued to laugh at Key’s apparently hilarious expression. 'Almighty' tilted his head to the side and blankly sat back down on the bed.

"You looked so surprised, oh man..." Minho chuckled.

"It was just surprising to think you had such low standards," Key countered defensively.

“Aww, give some credit to the poor girl.” Minho playfully poked at Key’s shoulder.

Key scoffed.“Yeah, I guess. It's not everyday you see a fashion terrorist at KBS Acad."

"Woah Ki Bum, you're pretty heated about this aren't you?"

"Don't I have a right? She -- ugh, forget it."

"What?"

But before Key could finish, a sleepy Taemin walked in. Key had momentarily forgotten that Minho shared the room with him. Their peculiar discussion halted as they watched Taemin sway into the room.

  “Hey hyuungg.” He yawned. “Can we turn off the lights now?  Minnie’s sleepy.” Taemin shuffled to the second bed lined up beside Minho’s. “Oh, hai umma.” He said to Key before dropping flat on the covers and passing out.

Key looked at the exhausted Taemin and then at the clock:12:37. “I guess I should go now.” He got up from the bed, gave one last look at Minho, and walked out of the room closing the door behind him.

 

-(Ji Yeon’s house)-

Ji Yeon's POV:

“Done.” I took off my rubber gloves and layed them down on the counter. Strrreeeeeetccchhhh--oh my back. “Okay.”   I let out big sigh. “Let’s go.” Just as my mom told me to I went around turning off all the lights. My dad was STILL reading his news paper and STILL drinking coffee.

"Appa!" I scolded him.

"Oh! Ji Yeon-ah, you're still here!" He jumped, then looked at his coffee mug. "Please don't tell your mother."

"Oh Appa..." I shook my head at him and then headed to the staircase (He owes me).

Why... do we... have so many... stairs? I finally reached my bedroom door and tumbled onto my bed. Time, time,

time… It’s… I narrowed my eyes as I looked through my phone. AH! Seriously? I need to sleep. I need to sleep. I quickly jumped out of bed and started packing my books and paper into my bag. Sorry homework, but I can’t do you tonight.

 “Dear God.” I clasped my hands together. “Please don’t let the teacher check homework tomorrow!” I pleaded, and went back to stuffing my bag.

Then it came... Neomu banjjak banjjak noonee booshyeo no no no no~ my phone rang.

No no no nooooo. I pouted. Way to ruin my night. Wait no, MORNING. I groaned as I had to ditch the lights and go get my phone. Who could it possibly be at this time? How dare who ever it is… I grabbed my phone and checked the caller ID.  It was Annie. She’s calling this late? Either she’s in jail or...

I just sighed and pressed the little green button.

“…H-hello?”

“JI YEON! I can’t believe it…”

My mind spun around in circles. Oh god, she’s gonna murder me. Not just for that fact that it happened, but because she didn’t hear it from me. How the heck did she she even hear about it? I don’t remember anyone else being there but the Shinee guys and... –well to be honest I kinda blanked out when I fell so I don’t really remember details except… his lips were soft. I hit my head. UGH HOW COULD YOU JI YEON?! HE’S A FREAKIN --

“Umm… Ji Yeon are you okay? You there?”

Oh yeah… how could I forget, she’s on the line… did I say any of that out loud? Great, now I’m a crazy person. Ji Yeon, snap out of it!

“Uhh… yes?” I finally answered.

“YOU.” She paused. “Kissed.” She paused again. “Key.” She paused a third time. “oh my god, I can't believe it!”

Then don’t. I raised my hand up in a ‘why meee’.

“Like, SERIOUSLY?” Annie exclaimed.

I couldn’t tell if she was angry at me or happy for me…

“I'm so happy for you~!"

Oh, I see how it is…

“Tell me EVERYTHING!"

“Annie…” I chuckled nervously. “Really? it's not--”

“Of course! You’re not gonna leave your best friend clueless about your LOVE LIFE are you?” She emphasized those two words, and I could somehow imagine her winking on the other side of the line. Oh Annie...

There was definintely no way I would be able to persuade her to mind her own business...

I might as well get comfortable. I looked at my beautiful bed; I’m not gonna sleep today am I?

 

Back at Shinee’s dorm...

 

Author's POV:

I’m not gonna sleep today am I? Key thought as he turned to the lump lying next to him. He had finally had it.

“YAH! JONGGIE!! Get off my bed, you have your own!”

Jonghyun slightly groaned as he swung his arms around Key. 

“Tomorrow, we’re buying you a stuffed dinosaur. You can hug it all you want!” Key said as he separated himself from Jonghyun and pushed him to the edge of the bed.

“If I have panda eyes tomorrow, it’s all your fault,” he whined to Jonghyun who couldn’t care less as he was deep asleep.

Jonghyun twitched and muttered something Key couldn’t make make much sense of.

Key rolled his eyes and began imagining himself going to school with dark circles under his eyes. It’ll look horrible with my hair… and m-my image. He shuddered and pulled the blanket over himself.

 


Aaaahhh, this chapter was a monster. *SIGH*

I'm thoroughly impressed that you've made it here <3 Hopefully it didn't bore you too much to death... that wouldn't be very good... =__='

*Please give me your thoughts!*