Hello Partner

My Charming Key

Ji Yeon's POV:

I went to class and sat down at my desk. In just moments Key entered the room running his hand through his hir and clutching his books with the other. He walked right passed his desk, and  brushing some guy off the chair next to mine, he sat down.

"Umm.." I looked at him dropping his books on the desk and casually sitting with his back leaned against the chair.

"I need to focus on my studies more so... yeah, I'm sitting here," he said. "It's comfy," he added.

I blinked rapidly before briskly turning back to my desk like he was anywhere but beside me. He's just here to provoke you Ji Yeon, that's all.

I saw Annie walk by and wink at me.

I finally discovered Annie's reason for being such a brat. She wanted to avoid me so I could make friends with Shinee... then once I'm in the group she'll have connections through me, to Onew.  AND, she dropped laxatives in Yuri's soup so she wouldn't come to school for a few days and I'd end up being partnered with Key. She clearly put too much in since Yuri's out for TWO WEEKS.

She really would do anything for Onew. I snuggled my face into my elbows on the desk.

"AHEHEM," Mr Goh, the all-purpose teacher, walked in holding his meter stick. "Good morning."

"Good morning," the class droned. By the sounds of their voices it, the morning didn't sound so 'good'.

"My name is Mr. Goh, I'm sure you know me, I filled in for every teacher on the first day. Today I'm filling in for Ms.Kwon, she has a cold." He walked over to Ms. Kwon's desk and took out the attendance.

"Oh yes, Baek Yuri, apparently Kim Kibum's partner, is in the hospital. Her symptoms..." He took a closer look at the sheet. "...Explosive Diarrhea..." A couple of people in the class had to bite their lips to suppress their giggles. Mr.Goh awkwardly cleared his throat. "So! We'll be making a get-well card for her. Any questions?"

A brave boy stood up. "Yeah. How the heck do we write a get-well card for that?"

Mr.Goh gave the boy the deadliest stare ever and the poor kid slowly sat back down. "Alright, is that all? Good."

He looked at Key. "So I take it you're out of a partner."

Key nodded.

"Ji Yeon's out of a partner too, Mr Goh!" Annie pointed out. I shot a look at her. You...

Mr. Goh put his hand to his chin and nodded his head. "Well I guess it can't be helped. Ki Bum, Ji Yeon, you're partners. The project's worth quite a bit so work hard." He turned around and started writing on the board.

"What?" Key whispered. "Why..." he closed his eyes and put his hands to his face.

"Is there a problem Kibum?" Mr Goh seemed to catch Key's despair.

"No. Just..." Key sighed. "No."

Mr. Goh continued his note on the chalk board.

Is it really that bad being with me? I threw him a glare. "It's not like I want to work with you too, okay?"

"--That's not..." He trailed off. "-Well, anyway, this will be interesting."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Exactly what's so interesting about a history project? "

He smiled--that familiar smile that was far from innocent. "History's my thing," he said, eyes gleaming. I looked away.

"You know, now I think about it, Mr Goh might not be such a bad teacher. He seems pretty reasonable to me."

"Kim Ki Bum!" Mr. Goh Called out from the chalk board. "Would you like to come up to the front of the class and explain this formula by means of an interpretative dance?"

"No..."

"THEN STOP SPEAKING OUT IN MY CLASS!"


I don't know how long we've been in class for, but... so tired...

Someone's voice was droning on about something. I could barely make out the words and my eyelids were getting heavy. I was just about to enter a world of tranquility and peace... ----before someone nudged me in the arm. Eessshh!

"What the hell was that for?!" I hissed

"Just to annoy you." Key smiled contently.

"Aishh." I wrapped my arms around my head and attempted to sleep again. I was slowly drifting off... until I felt a sharper nudge.

"What the hell is it now?!"

"Woah, PMSing much? I just thought I should tell you... there's drool on the side of your mouth."

I flushed bright red and quickly put my hand to my mouth to wipe it off, but there was nothing. Key started laughing.

"Aww, you're blushing. Am I that good looking? Don't worry, I think so too..."

I punched his arm and moved my chair away. First you're a player, then you're a jerk, now you're a player, a jerk, AND you're annoying. Gee, I wonder what's next? I huffed and put my head on my desk. 

 

Key's POV:

I wonder what time she slept. Was she thinking of yesterday?-- That's why she couldn't sleep? ...

I glanced over at her. She had her head on her desk and her eyes were closed; so vulnerable.

 


 

Classes were over. I followed Ji Yeon to her locker and watched as she dropped her books in.

"You have detention again, you pabo?"

"Yes, and don't you dare come again; I'll kick you harder this time. And YOU'RE the pabo."

"No you are."

"Definetely you."

"What's the square root of 59478?"

"Shut up." She closed her locker and headed for the gym. Yep she's PMSing.

"Hey Ji Yeon!" I shouted. "Do you have your period or something?"

She froze. Everyone around threw looks between us, laughing and whispering. And man, Ji Yeon looked murderous.

"Uh, see ya!" I waved and ran away. It's so fun pissing her off.

 

Ji Yeon's POV:

"Oh, if I see you again..." I folded my arms and glared in the direction he just left.

Today was my last detention. After gathering a bucket and some cleaning utensils from the custodian's storage room, I put everything down on the gym floor and began working with the mop. 

mop, Ji Yeon mop, I encouraged myself as I pressed the messy cloth into the floor and pushed it all across the gym and back. In about 10 minutes I heard foosteps coming from the entrance and in walked Minho with a net-bag of soccer balls and a string of keys.

"Minho!" I said and waved at him.

"Oh, Ji Yeon! Detention again?"

I nodded. He laughed and went to put the balls into the storage room.

He walked out again stuffing the keys into his back pocket. "Need help?" He offered.

"Don't you have practice or something?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I can spare some time." He picked up a cloth from the floor.

Ugh, he's so nice--the exact opposite of Key.

"Thanks!" I said.

"Just helping," He replied and began scrubbing the floors inch by inch.

"NOONA, ME TOO!"

Taemin suddenly banged the door open. He strutted in clutching his shoulder bag. "Let's mop, mop, mop~"

I looked over at Taemin throwing his bag in the corner and getting ready for some hard-core cleaning. Wait, why is he there though...

"Key said you have detention again because you've been a bad girl," he said smiling, as if he had read my thoughts.

"Jonghyun's gone home with Onew and Key said he had stuff to do." He picked up a wash cloth and began running around wiping the floors.

Stuff to do. Hah, yeah right. He probably was just too scared knowing I'd box him.

"Alright then!" I exclaimed. "Let's work!" --Wait.. my mops gone. Minho was already on the other side of the gym mopping the corner inch by inch. This guy... he should really know if he's going to do it like that it'll take FOREVER.

Well, whatever! I grabbed a wet cloth and joined Taemin.


 

Ohh my back...Bending over to wipe the floors really got me. I feel almost crippled Ughh..

I unlocked my bike from the bike rack and swung my bag into the little basket in front. Thank god this is my last detention. I got on and biked off the school grounds.

I wonder what Umma made for dinner~. I day-dreamed about all the lovely food as I rode home.

 

"I'm home!" I called from the door. I took my shoes off and put them on the rack. "Umma! What's for dinner? I'm so hungry~"

No one answered.

I walked towards the kitchen. Mmm, is that fried chicken?

Suddenly I heard an explosion of laughter coming from my living room. I wonder what's going on? Is Appa watching his variety show again? Tsk tsk...

"Appa, I'm home~!" I called out. I walked to the living room. "Appa? Are you watc-" I froze. I saw my dad on the couch with someone else. They were drinking tea, laughing and chatting away like old friends.

"Ah! Ji Yeon, you're finally home!" My dad finally noticed me.

"Hey," said the latter.

The person who was sitting on MY couch, drinking MY tea, and sitting with MY dad was...no no no... my eyes are definetely playing tricks with me. HAH. Impossible.

I blinked and looked again at the person sitting on my couch: a guy with dark-blonde tousled hair, skinny jeans with a checkered shirt and a belt. Glitter ornaments hung from his wrists and clattered softly as he took a sip of his tea. Is this what was meant when he said he had 'something to do?' ....No....

 

"KIM KI BUM!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!"


Heyy guys! Yeah I updated. But THIS, is my last one before I start studying my off... ><

Please understand! >< (I hate exams as much as the next person)

Thank you for all the comments!! It helps me know that you're alive :) <3 *fangirling*

pradiv1819: I know! Isn't he? <33 *melts*

BBB204: LOL I know <3 (kekeke) ;)

akaonim: Thank you so much! :D I'll work hard! Thanks for commenting :D

Shootingstar737: Eeee! Thanks! I really appreciate it! <3

Sokomori: LOL I love when you try to guess what happens! <3 XD  You were close though! I'll give you some credit ;)

POOPMNSTR: LOL, ur a funny one XD and 'author-nim'? I'm so honored! Thanks for commenting!

immabeyourbaby: Hahaha, thank you! I'll try my best :) Thanks for commenting!

Candyloverxoxo: omgosh you.... <3<3<3

Euna004: Hope you continue to read! Thank you, I'm glad you like it :D

memememe3296: Thank you for comenting! I'll work hard ^^

epicookies: Thank you for your early comments! They really were what kept me going! <3 :)

Miraclepaint: Glad you like it! <333 ^^ Thanks for commenting!

 

P.S. BIG thanks to BBB204 for helping me edit this chapter :D ♥