Class

My Charming Key

Author's POV:

It was always the first days of school that fandom tended to be at its peak.

“How many confessions did you get so far?” Jonghyun nudged Key as they traisped through the hallways, earning glances and excited squeals right and left. “I’ve already got three."

Key casually held up his hand.

“Woah. Five? Already?!” Jonghyun gaped.

“Five?” Key scoffed. “Who do you think I am? Ten Jonggie, ten.”

Just at the moment, another girl appeared and stopped right infront of them and with both arms extended she pushed a box of chocolates in Key's hands..

“Will you go out with me Key?!”

Key chuckled and flashed her a smile. “No, sorry angel face."

Despite being rejected the girl had no regrets and stumbled away with smile on her lips--looking possessed.

“Eleven.” Key mumbled, an uncondescending smirk playing on his lips.

“Oh man this is depressing.” Jonghyun poked a finger at his tensed up forehead.

“What can I say, I’m just fabulous.”

Onew shuddered at Key's directness. “Oh God, save me now,"

Jonghyun laughed and stopped at one of the classroom doors. “Well, this is my class. See ya guys." he waved his dino arms cutely.

“...And this one’s mine.” Key pointed to the door two down from jonghyun’s.    

“Annyeonggie.” He waved before disappearing in the crowd of people.


 

The classroom was bright and lively, full of chatter and new faces. The teacher wasn't in class yet.

“Wanna sit there?” Ji Yeon pointed to the window seats.

“Window seats!” Annie exclaimed. “Hurry before someone—aw." Her excitement was replaced with a dissapointed pout.

"Every year... always stolen," Annie grumbled as they made their way to the end of the room and dropped their bags on the desks, marking their claim.

 

The door crowded once again with excited fandom.

Ji Yeon blinked. Was it always going to be like this? It's as if they're celebrities or something. Are they that popular?

Then, voila, in walked Key smiling brightly and flicking his hair as if he was shooting a Colgate and Pantene commercial at the same time.

“Sit next to me Key-oppa!”

“He's so hot..." A girl groaned.

Ji Yeon was hovering over her seat, not knowing whether she should get up and help that poor girl who was about to faint off her desk or sit there and convince herself that this was the norm.

Of course that guy named Key thought she was just fine because he walked right passed her and found a seat in the middle of the classroom.

*She's probably okay* Ji Yeon thought and sat back down.

Girls crowded around Key's desk, flirting and adoring his presence. Luscious hair, pink lips, porcelain skin and sophisticated style, girls gushed over his manifestation and were imprisoned by his stimulating and exquisite charm. Key, perfectly aware of his effect on them, just flaunted away, enjoying all the attention he received.

The rest of the guys in the class hung around striking up conversations with others who weren't occupied with Key's arrival.

"Hey, you look new here," A guy came up to Ji Yeon.

"I am..." Ji Yeon replied feebly.

"Do you need help fitting in? I would lose those tracks if I were you." He winked and the his guy friends exploded into laughter and began slapping each other on the back.

*Did I miss something...* Ji Yeon looked like a confused little fawn in the middle of deep and strange forest.

 “GOOD MORNING CLASS!” Their male teacher suddenly walked in and everyone skidded back to their desk including those weird guys.

 “Annyeonhasaeyo,” The class said in unison.

The teacher’s eyes went straight to Key.“Yah! Haksaeng! Where’s your uniform?”

"Forgot," Key replied. The class started giggling.

forgot?" His tone was like the end of a knife. "Well don’t you dare forget your uniform tomorrow, you ridiculous flamingo.” he threatened.

"Fl-fl-flamingo?" Key stared at the teacher in disbelief. *You couldn't think of anything else?*

The class burst into laughter.

Key scoffed and looked away. *whatever*

Mr. Goh was going to be teaching all subjects that day due to some technical difficulties in the school office. And for the entire day, he found it amusing to pick on Key.

“Kibum, say this in English.”

“Flamingo! Yes I'm talking to you, what’s the capital of Russia?”

“Pinky, give me the square root of 498743290. What are you doing?—don’t get out your calculator.”

 

By the time school was over Key had had enough. He got up straight away and began organizing his notes to go home. Ji Yeon was also just getting ready to leave when she heard her name.

"Park Ji Yeon! Is Park Ji Yeon in this class?"

"Ah, yes!" Ji Yeon looked up from her desk. The principal was standing just outside the door of the classroom. He motioned her to come. Ji Yeon grabbed her bag with her books and hastened to the door.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." She bowed, just slipping in the last notebook into her school bag.

He returned the greeting and started off by handing her documents to sign and short explanations to accompany. To follow up, he warmly welcomed her to the school, "You will probably notice this is not your typical sort of school. Just remember, if you ever need anything or are confused about anything, the offices in the west wing of the academy are always opened during school hours. We have our school nurses, counsellors, teachers, I, and other staff," He explained. "Now, I hope your stay is a delightful one and I welcome you once again." He smiled pleasantly and took his leave.

Ji Yeon lightly waved her hand as he walked off. Nice principal. I might actually like it here,  she thought. 

 

Key stuffed all his books, notebooks, and random school stuff into his bag and headed for the door. He was just about to turn the corner when JI Yeon poked her head in to call Annie.

 “An--Oww!”  Ji Yeon and Key collided heads.

*WHO THE HECK IS IT NOW?! *

Key, still pissed off from Mr. Goh was Just about to lash out--until he looked up and saw that it was a girl.

*Oh.*

His anger dissolved and his "game" face came on, *I see, she probably did this on purpose so she could talk to me. Well, I don't have much to do right now... hmm, how about I make her day?*

Key did his trademark smirk and put his hand on Ji Yeon’s forehead.

“Are you alright?” He asked. “Heyy, you’re cute.” He leaned in and winked. This was all part of the make-girls-happy-recipe.

Ji Yeon blinked.

Key once again inched forward, bowing his head to match Ji Yeon's height.

"Hey." He smirk-laughed. " I said you're cute."

If this wasn't clear already, Key was really asking for it. Without a second wasted Ji Yeon kicked him in the shins, hard, and turned around to walk away.

Key let out a painful yelp."What the- FRICK!" Key, bit his lip, hopping around on one foot clutching his precious leg.

Hiding no contempt he shot her an ice-piercing glare. "YAH!"


 

 

- Kamikazexox

Don't be a silent reader~! Comment and subscribe :) <3