'Cold, Eyes, Darling'

My Charming Key

The door burst open and a man in his 40s walked in looking furious.

Key had a look of bewilderment on his face.

Without delay, the man marched over to Key and slapped him straight across the face.

Shinee, Ji Yeon, Annie and Jessica watched in horror. Ji Yeon stepped back up against the wall beside the bed with her hand to in astonishement.

“You worthless son!” The man barked. “I allowed you to come to Korea to get an education, not so you can get into petty fights and fool around with girls!” He discretely glanced at Ji Yeon (who was positioned nearest to Key) with a look of burning rage, before turning his attention back to Key.

“Your incident is all over the news and is making our company look bad,” he hissed as if he didn’t want anyone to hear. “The heir to Kim Enterprises in a gang fight?! What have I raised you as?”

Everyone stood still as night.

Mr. Kim massaged his temples with his fingers. “This can't go on. You’re coming back to America with me.”

“Dad...” Key said.

“Be ready for tomorrow’s flight.”

"Dad! That’s insane! I can’t-”

“Are you still going to argue?! You’ve ruined me enough! You think I am going to let this continue? Let you roam around freely destroying the company?! Well you're wrong. You have no right to argue with me. You are coming and that is final.”

Mr. Kim’s breathing had peaked. After one deep, exasperated breath he loosened his collar, trying to compose himself.

He cleared his throat. “The limousine will pick you up tomorrow morning. Be ready.” He gestured to his men and they held the door open for him as he left.

When the door had shut the atmosphere in the room fell and everyone looked at Key.

“What is this all about?” Minho asked. “You never told us you’re the heir to some company.”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Key flipped over on his side, making sure not to crush his arm with the cast.

“Ki bum…” Jonghyun murmured.

“Look, I don’t want to talk about it, just all of you, leave me alone!"

Onew sighed. “Come on, guys."

One by one they filed out of the room.

Ji Yeon stayed behind. 

"Is this real?"

Key nodded.

Ji Yeon couldn't believe it. "You can't be serious. You're... not actually leaving are you?"

"I am," Key said quietly.

Ji Yeon felt close to tears. Before Key could see her cry, she quickly got out of the room as fast as she could.

 

The next morning seemed to come faster than any other regular day. Mr. Kim’s limousine was waiting outside the hospital followed by two black cars. Mr. Kim’s men had all of Key’s things packed and ready to go.

“Ki bum,” the nurse said, “you’re ready to be discharged.” She helped him to his feet wilst providing him with a cane. The cast on his right arm would have to stay though, it was too early to remove it.

“Ready to go,” One of Mr. Kim’s men spoke into the ear piece.

He took Key’s belongings and helped him down to the hospital’s entrance where Shinee, Ji Yeon, Annie, and even Jessica were waiting.

Taemin had tears in his eyes but was trying to hold them in. Two men in black came to accompany Key to the Limousine. Suddenly Taemin sprang out and threw his arms around Key.

“Umma…”

Key instinctively rubbed Taemin's back. “Tch, you’re still going to call me that?”

The Shinee guys watched. Then one by one they ran forward and gave Key a hug.

“See you, man,” Jonghyun said.

“You little rascal,” Onew slapped him on the back, but quickly apologized after Key winced.

“Minho,” Key said when it came to him.

“Yeah?”

Key looked at Ji Yeon and hesitated. “Nothing. I guess. So long.”

Key entered the limousin and turned his head to see through the open door.

*why isn’t she seeing me off?*

The driver closed to door and made his way around.

“Let’s go,” Mr Kim growled.

The driver started the car and stepped on the gas.

The Limousine had begun to leave.

At that moment Ji Yeon came to her senses. *Key...*

*How can you leave? Just like… that?*

Ji Yeon ran after the limousine. “KI BUM!!”

Key turned around to see out his window. *You…* Key stared at her, feeling a sharp prick at his eyes.

“KI BUM!!” She stopped running as it was too late to reach the vehicle.

“You idiot. How can you? How...”

She wiped a tear from her eye. “You’re the worst.”

*I'm sorry* Key thought as the vehicle drove farther and farther away from Ji Yeon. *I'm sorry, Ji Yeon, I'm sorry.*

Ji Yeon stared with teary eyes after the limousine that soon enough became a speck in the distance.

*Key...*

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 years later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

“Welcome back to Korea, Kim Ki Bum.”

“That’s Mr. Kim to you. Here, take my luggage,” Key ordered.

“Yes, sir.”

As he passed over his luggage, Key noticed the bird poop on his shoe. 

He stared at it.

"Your shoe, sir!" His male secretary exclaimed and fell to floor to scrub them clean.

"Get up," Key told the man. "I'm not going to have you crouching like a dog. Get up."

The man looked worriedly at Key. "W-we'll get those replaced immedietly!"

"No need," Key said and made his way to the entrance of the airport.

He ran a hand through his dark brown hair as he gazed coldly ahead of him.

He's not here for Ji Yeon. He's here for the company. That's all.

"Sir, are you okay?" His secretary asked. 

"Of course, why shouldn't I be?" Key replied.

The secretary backed down.
 
"Your cab is here. sir," his second man informed him.
 
"Great, thanks," he said as he made his through the automatic doors of the airport and out into the open air.
 
 

 

Haaayyy~ guuys ^^ Update! 

Well this is it, Key is back x) 

 I'll be back with another chap soon ^^ hold on! <3