Is that really you, Taemin?

A Leaf Apart

 

He brought me back to my dorm where all the girls began looking at me and him and giggling and gossiping. “Is that Key?”and “Oh my god! I love him!” was all I heard.

 

“Hello, I know I shouldn’t be here, but since she’s upset I wanted to help her. So please excuse me,” Key said to them, politely bowing.

 

They started squealing like fangirls and I felt like shushing them. How rude.

We went into my room and closed the door. I heard some girls outside saying, “Are they dating?” and “Listen to hear if they’re making out!”Key just rolled his eyes.

 

“Okay, so let’s talk about this before you meet Taemin.”

 

I nodded. “That’s probably a good idea. I have no clue how I should act around him.”

 

“Taemin is complicated... I don’t want you to get your hopes up... or down. I mean... I think it’s just because he’s stressed...”

 

“What do you mean, oppa?”I began to worry.

 

“You have to meet him to know. I just hope he won’t upset you.” Key looked conflicted.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll be okay.”

 

“I know... Alright, so first, just say hello to him. See what his reaction is like. If it’s not good, don’t say anything else. If it is good, I’ll help you from there. Okay?”

 

“But oppa, why do you make him sound like this...?”

 

“Well, to be honest, he used to be the sweetest person ever. But I don’t know if fame got to his head, or he’s stressed, or because he misses his family, but he’s kind of stuck up. I think it takes someone like you to help him realize it, though. I just hope he won’t hurt you...”

 

“Now I’m even more nervous.”

 

“Ah! No please don’t be! I’ll help you. And I’ll have Minho, Onew, and Jonghyun help you too. Don’t worry.”

 

“Okay... You should get home, oppa. It’s really late.”

 

“Yeah. But tomorrow I’ll come here at 5 am, okay? Look pretty!” He smiled, exiting the room.

 

I sighed. Why did he make it sound like Taemin was a horrible person? I had always loved Taemin, ever since he debuted. I would watch him performing and just know, that someday, we were meant to be together. But was he just an idea in my head, like prince charming? Or was he really MY Taemin?

I guess I would know tomorrow. 

 

I tucked myself into bed, listening to the chit chat of the other girls, and finally tuning them out and falling asleep. But unfortunately, it didn’t last very long since Key had left the dorm at about 12 pm and I had to wake up at about 4:45 am.

 

I threw on whatever, since the stylists would get to me before Taemin would, and ran out the door. Key was waiting there, like he said, with a coffee for me. 

 

“Ah~ Thanks oppa!”I said, sipping it.

 

“No problem. You’re gonna need it. Music video shoots are sooooo tiring~”

 

“Hahahahaha,” I giggled. “You’re such a diva. You’re fans are right. You really are an umma and a diva.”

 

“Ah shush. I’m not.”

 

 

 

 

Before we knew it, we were at the filming location. Key quickly sent me off to styling, so Taemin would see me after I was all dolled up. After transforming into a beautiful person (with pounds of makeup on) that wasn’t completely me, I went to meet up with the rest of SHINee like the director told me, so we could go over the script.

 

My stomach felt like it was going to explode, and I was immediately grateful that I hadn’t eaten anything. The first person I saw was Key, who led me to the rest of them, since I was too nervous to do it myself. I looked at the floor, and didn’t even know I was standing in front of them until I heard familiar voices talking.

 

I looked up and they noticed me as well. I looked at Taemin in the eyes and quickly looked away, feeling shyer than ever.

 

“She’s kind of shy,” Key said. “Say hello...” He sharply prodded me.

 

“Ummmm.... Hello...” I said, bowing very steeply.

 

They all said hello to me, in a formal way. But Taemin said it informally, with a bored look on his face. I felt a pang in my chest.

 

“Thank you for having me if your music video!” I said, now more confident.

 

“It’s fine! You’re so pretty so you’re perfect for the part anyway~” Jonghyun said.

 

“Ah, stop trying to pick people up.” Key nagged.

 

“I was only trying to be friendly..” He replied.

 

“TOO friendly.”Key rolled his eyes.

 

“Key, it’s okay, haha~” I said, nervously. I didn’t want them to fight.

 

“Shouldn’t we be going over the script instead of fighting over a girl we just met?”Taemin sharply said.

 

I froze. That really stung. I looked at Key and he gave me a reassuring look, but I wasn’t sure if it helped me at all. I was too upset to know.