No. I love you. Only you.

A Leaf Apart

 

He scratched his head and looked at his feet. “Um...”

 

“Yes, Minho?”

 

“So are you going to be with Taemin?” He asked, looking at me with a tinge of hope in his eyes.

 

“I think so. Why?” I didn’t want to lie to him.

 

“Oh ... Well ... I just ... You’re my ideal girl ...and...like...uh...” He sighed. “I really like you, too. I know you like Taemin, so I’m gonna back off. But I just wanted you to know.”

 

I sighed. This was getting too complicated for me to handle. “Minho, you’re really sweet, I’m just so confused right now. I’m sorry, I can’t really say anything in response... I just...”

 

“It’s okay. I’m not expecting anything. I just wanted you to know, just in case.” He said, quickly kissing me on the cheek. I stared at him with my eyes as wide as they could go.

 

“Minho, I...” I started, but I couldn’t say anything else. My cheeks were burning red. 

That’s when I noticed Taemin was standing at the doorway, boring a hole into Minho’s back. Minho turned around to see what I was staring at, and he swallowed hard.

 

“Hi, dongsaeng.” He said, coolly. 

 

. This is not good. I thought.

 

“What are you doing?!” Taemin yelled.

 

“What does it look like I’m doing?” He rolled his eyes.

 

“Kissing my girlf... Kissing Raina!” I was secretly pleased when he was about to call me his girlfriend, but I didn’t show it. This was not the right time to be smiling.

 

“Your girlfriend? She’s not. I can do whatever I want. Don’t act so mighty.”

 

“Guys...” I started. Who would’ve thought I would have my two favorite idols fighting over me? Who would’ve thought I wouldn’t enjoy it? It was just too hard for me. Of course, I love Taemin. But Minho...

 

“Do you like him?!” Taemin yelled at me.

 

“I ... no! I...” I stuttered.

 

“Why can’t you just say: ‘No, I like you’? Why are you so reluctant?” Taemin said, looking disappointed. “I knew this would happen.”

 

“No... Taemin! I do love you. Please...” I started to cry, and Minho looked at me, sorry.

 

“She never said she liked me back. Don’t take this out on her. You’re so mean to her, making her cry like this.” Minho said, shaking his head. He walked out of the room, bumping into Taemin on the way out, on purpose.

 

I stood there sobbing. Why wasn’t Taemin saying anything? He was just standing there staring at me.

“Is that true? What Minho said?” He asked, this time more gently.

 

“Yes... Why don’t you believe me? How many times have I said I love you?” I began to get angry. How many times did I need to tell him? Did he really not trust me at all?

 

“I’m sorry... I just got jealous. I didn’t mean to yell...” He said. I didn’t answer.

 

“But be completely honest. You like him a little, right? I won’t be mad.” He asked me, calmly. I sighed. I knew in my heart that I did a little bit, but how could I say that out loud to Taemin?

 

“Come on... You can trust me... Just say yes or no. I can tell that you do, anyway. You’re too obvious.” He said, half smiling, reaching out to grab my hand.

 

I didn’t respond, just pulling him into a hug. I began to sob again. I didn’t want to admit it to him, but he already knew, so it made no difference. 

 

“I’ll take that as a yes, since you can’t say anything... Don’t feel guilty... You can’t help it if he keeps acting like that and kissing your cheek randomly.” He said, the back of my head. 

 

“But ... I love you ... a trillion times more oppa...” I said, sobbing, my words muffled because I was speaking into his shoulder.

 

“It’s okay. I know.” He paused for a little, and pull out of the hug. He looked me straight in the eyes, and wiped away a tear that was falling down my cheek. “...and I love you too,” He said, which made me cry even harder.