Minho?

A Leaf Apart

 

“Well, ...what if Minho liked you?”Key suddenly said.

 

“....what?” My heart pounded. Minho had always been my second favorite.

 

“I mean, I’m not sure if he does, but he couldn’t stop saying how gorgeous you were and how amazing you were and how far you’re gonna go...”

 

“Is Minho Taemin?”I said, sighing. I couldn’t just give up Taemin.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Minho isn’t Taemin.”

 

“Why are you so stuck on Taemin?! Look at him! He was so mean to you.”

 

“I know. I still love him.”

 

Key just nodded, leading me to the car. “You’ll probably change your mind when you talk to Minho more.”

 

“Oppa! I told you already I don’t like-”

 

And before I could finish, Minho entered the car and sat next to Key.

 

“Oh... Hi~” He said, with more aegyo then I thought he would have.

 

“Hi...”

 

“Are you alright? Key told me all about how you like Taemin... and I saw what happened just now...”He looked concerned.

 

“I don’t know... I’m just really upset...”Key was nudging me and smiling.

 

“I don’t think he sees how lucky he is... To have us, to have all this, and now to have you like him so much... He’s really lucky.” 

 

“Ah... I...” Was he complimenting me? I couldn’t really pinpoint what he meant by that.

 

“Want to switch seats with me?” Key suggested to Minho. I hit Key and Minho just blushed.

 

Finally after Key belting songs in the car, we arrived at the dorms before Taemin could. I was so grateful, but at the same time, I was disappointed. 

 

“Now... Where is she gonna sleep... I would suggest Taemin and Onew’s room, since they have a lot of room... But since that is out of the question...”

 

“She can sleep in my bed and I’ll sleep on the couch.” Minho said.

 

“Ah, no! I’ll sleep on the couch.. I don’t want to be a burden to you...” I said. He was being so sweet.

 

“It’s okay! I have no schedule tomorrow, so it doesn’t matter if I don’t sleep well. But since you’re not feeling well, you need to sleep soundly.” He smiled. “I insist.”

 

“Ah...okay...”Key was just smiling at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

 

 

 

 

 

I sat on Minho’s bed, Jonghyun sat on his, and Key on his. 

 

“So, do you still like Taemin?” Jonghyun asked me. I just nodded.

 

“But Minho...”Jonghyun started.

 

“I KNOW RIGHT, I’VE BEEN TELLING HER THAT!” Key nagged.

 

“I know Taemin doesn’t really want to be like this. I know he’ll be different if he just talks about his feelings and problems. He’s at that age where we don’t even know who we are. Trust me, I’m going through that too... Just because he put me down doesn’t mean I’m gonna give up just like that. I love him more than that... And to show him that I’m worth it, I can’t give up. I have to be strong. For him.”

 

“Wow...” Jonghyun sighed. “You really love him. I’m jealous Taemin has someone who likes him that much.”

 

“Babo. Don’t you realize Minho is in your same situation now? Minho is such a good kid... He really deserves someone who loves him much more than Taemin does.”

 

“I know, and I do feel bad about that... But I just can’t help it. Minho has always been my second favorite. Sometimes, secretly, I’ve liked him as much as Taemin. If Taemin continues being this mean, and I feel he’s really hopeless ... and Minho keeps being this perfect... Then maybe I’ll fall for Minho.”

 

“Really?” Key said.

 

“Yeah. But don’t go telling him that.” I said, already knowing that he’d do it anyway.