Moving On

Miss me? 'Cause I'm Back To Steal Your Heart [HIATUS]

Listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U267ouy0Wck while reading this if you want to. It's Time To Love by T-ara and Supernova. Love that song!^^

Your pov:

The sunlight filtered through the curtains and shone onto my face. I opened my mouth to yawn and stretched till I was content. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash up and change. I picked a blue tube dress and matched it with my favourite pair of heels, putting on the heart necklace Key gave me as a birthday present. As I was heading out the door, I passed a framed photo of Key and me during our university days. Last night’s events came flooding back to me and I immediately lost my good mood. I no longer had anything to do with Key and that was a fact. I my necklace and remembered what he had said to me when he gave it to me – “I’m the one and only key to your heart”. ‘That may have been the truth but it no longer is, it’s all in the past now. I’m gonna have to forget about him and carry on with my life. Alright then _____, today is your last day that you’ll think about him. From tomorrow onwards, you’ll be a new person and live life the way you want.” With that in mind, I stepped out of the house and walked around.

When I stopped, I realized that I was at the place where I went to whenever I was upset, the playground near my house. I sat down on a swing and pushed myself. Key always knew to come here to find me when I was down and he would always comfort me and give me a warm hug to make me feel better. Thinking of that, I missed the feeling of being in his arms and the security it gave me. ‘I guess I’ll never be able to feel it again. This’ll just be part of my past with him.’ I decided to visit the university, the place where most of our memories together was made. When I got there, there were quite a few couples around and their intimate actions and affectionate smiles towards each other just made my chest felt like it was being constricted. It was like I could see Key and myself in them. I quickened my pace of walking and just walked in any direction. I arrived at the field and just stood there at a corner watching the guys playing soccer and the girls sitting on the bleachers cheering them on. The game was soon over and they left the place quickly. I took small steps forward, surveying my surroundings as images of Key playing soccer and myself sitting on those same bleachers cheering him on came back to me. ‘We used to be just like them…’ I put one hand on the bench and pulled it along the smooth surface of the metal as I walked past it. My fingers felt something rough and I instinctively looked down. It was a carving of a heart that said K+K forever. (Just imagine that your name starts with a K if it doesn’t) I remembered Key carving this as a dare from his friends but he told me “Even though this is part of a dare, it’s the truth, we’ll be together forever.” ‘Looks like you were wrong, Key. You broke us apart.’ That was over two years ago now but it was still there. A symbol of our love for each other. The thought of us being separated forever brought tears to my eyes and they rolled down my cheeks one by one. At that moment, my phone started ringing. I hastily wiped the tears off my face with the back of my hand and answered the call. “_____-ah, how are you feeling? Wanna meet up?” “Hey oppa! I’m feeling way better now, don’t worry about me. Yeah, sure. How about the usual café? I’m pretty near there. …(Listens to Onew talking) Kay, see you soon then.” I put on a cheerful tone so that I wouldn’t sound like I was crying. ‘Aish _____, what’s the point of crying. Not like it’s gonna change anything. Now smile, Onew oppa won’t like it if he sees you like that.’ I forced myself to smile as I headed towards the café we always met up at.

I waved at Onew when he came in through the doors of the café and he came over, sitting opposite me. I pushed a cup of coffee towards him and he thanked me with a goofy grin on his face. “So why did you ask to meet?” I asked him, unable to contain my curiousity. “Yah! Can’t I even ask my best friend out? Anyway, my boss was in a really good mood so she gave everyone half a day off and I decided to go have fun with you. Hmm… How about going to Lotte World?” I nodded my head furiously in agreement and hurried him to drink his coffee so we could leave. Lotte World was one of my favourite places in Seoul. When we got into Lotte World, I could barely contain my excitement and I was practically dragging Onew from one ride to another non-stop. “_____, _____! Slow down!” He was panting and walking slowly, falling behind me. “Oppa, you’re only 20 something this year and you’re already this unfit. Imagine what you’ll be like at 40! You should go exercise more often instead of just sitting at the office every day.” I on purpose and his expression was totally priceless. “Actually, I’m a little tired too. Let’s go buy some ice cream!” We walked around until we found an ice cream stand. “Miss, are you two a couple? We’re giving away free ice cream to couples today, it’s our special promotion.” The lady at the counter questioned me while pointing at a big poster next to the stall. “Ah? N-no…” “Yeah, we’re together.” Onew cut me off mid-sentence and pulled me close, flashing a smile at the lady and causing me to blush. She handed us an ice cream each, wishing us a fun time at Lotte World. “Oppa, why did you do that?! You shouldn’t lie to people.” I pouted and glared at Onew who was happily his ice cream. “What?! They were free…” I rolled my eyes at him. “You’re such a cheapskate. I could have paid if you didn’t want to.”

Onew’s pov:

“You’re such a cheapskate. I could have paid if you didn’t want to.” I smiled at her and continued my ice cream. ‘_____, how I wish what I said was true. Haven’t you ever noticed my feelings for you? I really do like you but it seems like you only treat me as a friend. It’s all just my wishful thinking isn’t it?’ When we were done eating, I drove her home and waited until she was inside her apartment before I went off.

Your pov:

I looked around my apartment and realized that almost the whole area had traces of Key. There was a jacket belonging to him, photos and gifts that he had given me. ‘It’s time to say goodbye to Key _____. He’s been a huge part of your life for a long time so it’ll be difficult forgetting him but you can do it. You’ll get over him _____, hwaiting!’ I encouraged myself and cheered myself on. I got a big box and started packing up everything that would remind me of him. I carefully stored the photos and his jacket before putting in some stuffed toys, clothes and lastly, the necklace I was wearing. I looked at everything for the very final time before closing it with the cover. Tears were welling up in my eyes again as I thought about last night and tried to understand why Key did that but I couldn’t even come up with a single reason. I put the box into the store room and closed the door. ‘It’s goodbye forever…’

 

Enjoy the update! Read and comment please.(: Aw, bye bye Key, I'm gonna miss you.XD Should I write about him coming back in chapter 3 or 4? Btw do you'll want me to choose music to listen to while reading each chapter? Gah, I'm getting like 5 papers back tmr.:/ Wonder how I did... I got new subscribers!:D

xoxo,

Chocolove