Heartbroken

Miss me? 'Cause I'm Back To Steal Your Heart [HIATUS]

Your pov:

“Here’s your Love Song that you ordered, Miss.” The waitress placed the plate of desert down on the table in front of me. I looked down at it and was surprised to see  the words “Will you marry me?” written in chocolate syrup on the plate. I stared in shock at Key and my shock slowly turned to joy as a smile spread across my face. I was practically overwhelmed with happiness as Key stared into my eyes and took out a velvet box, opening it to show a beautifully made diamond ring. “_____, will you marry me?” I nodded my head without hesitation and Key took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto my finger. “H-how did you know my finger size?” I questioned him when I noticed that it fit perfectly on my finger. He gave me a cheeky grin and said “It’s because I hold your hand all the time.” He took my hand and clasped it in his, leaned forward and whispered into my ear, his warm breath tickling it. “I love you, _____. You’re mine from now on, remember that.” My cheeks turned red and I covered them with my hands in embarrassment. “I can’t believe you still react the same way even after we’ve been together for three years. It’s still as cute as ever though.” Key chuckled upon seeing my tomato red face and pried my hands off my cheeks. “Oppa! Don’t tease me like that. You’re such a meanie.” I pretended to be upset and folded my hands across my chest, turning to face the side with a pout on my lips. “Okay okay, I won’t do this again. Don’t be upset with me princess. You know I love you as much as my wonderful hair. You should be proud to have such a stylish boyfriend.” I giggled at his words and turned back to ruffle his hair, sticking my tongue out at him. “Hah, bet you love me more than your hair now. By the way, let’s tell our classmates about our engagement at the class reunion next month kay? I can’t wait to tell Onew about it!” It was his turn to pout now as he said “Yah! You belong to me now so you can’t think about or talk to other guys. I’ll get jealous if you do that.” I grinned at his expression and couldn’t help but pinch his cheeks. “Aigoo oppa, you’re so cute! You know I didn’t mean it that way. And Onew’s my best friend, you know that. Don’t be jealous anymore kay? Even though you look so adorable now!” We continued chatting and went out together after that to look at some churches and wedding dresses.

Five hours later…

“Oppa, see you tomorrow then. Goodnight!” I turned to give him a goodnight kiss on his cheek but he quickly turned his face so that our lips met. A shade of pink coloured my cheeks as we broke off the kiss. “Goodnight then _____!” I got out of the car and stood outside my door, waving goodbye to him. When he drove off, I unlocked the front door and entered my apartment. I washed up and got changed before flopping down onto my bed. I grinned to myself as the image of him proposing filled my mind. ‘Omma, can you hear me even though you’re up there now? Well, Key oppa proposed to me today and I agreed. Do you think he’s my Mr. Right? Watch over us kay? I love you, omma.’ Thinking up possibilities of what our wedding would be like, I fell asleep.

 

One month later…

Your pov:

It was ten minutes past 7 and Key still hadn’t arrived. I my ring nervously as I tried calling his handphone but to no avail. ‘Don’t worry _____, nothing could have happened to him. He’s probably stuck in a jam somewhere and his phone’s on silent or something.’ I reassured myself as I picked up my glass of champagne and took a sip of. ‘Onew oppa was supposed to come today… _____, don’t be selfish. He has his work to do, you can’t expect him to ditch it every time just for you.’ Soon, people started streaming in and as we recognized each other, we embraced in a warm hug. I started chatting with some of my girlfriends that I had not seen in a long time. I got so caught up with catching up with all of them that the next time I looked at my watch, it was already 7.45 and he was still nowhere in sight. We began eating and played some silly games at the same time. The winners of each game could pick someone else to do a forfeit and it was rather amusing to see each other act like we were still teenagers. During desert, we played truth and dare like we used to. The bottle spun round and round and when it stopped, it was pointing at me. “Well _____, truth or dare?” my ex-class chair asked me. “Truth.” I replied quickly as I hated doing dares. Some of the girls huddled together and discussed possible questions in a hushed voice and when they finally decided on one, they turned back to face the rest of us. “So, _____, we’ve noticed a certain sparkly ring on your finger… Is it an engagement ring?” One of the girls directed the question at me with a sly smile on her face. My cheeks turned a light pink as I stuttered out my answer. “Y-yeah, I’m engaged n-now.” The whole table erupted with applause as they took turns congragulating me. “We thought you’d never get married.” My friends sitting around me teased me and continued questioning me on who it was. “I’m getting m-married to Key.” I finally answered them so that they would stop asking. “Hah! I knew it was him. I mean you guys were even voted best couple during graduation!” One of my girlfriends practically shouted it out loud and had a triumphant grin on her face as though she had won a bet. “Speaking of Key, where is he? Didn’t he say he was coming?” She asked me with a curious look on her face and as I seriously had no clue, I just told her I didn’t know. The class reunion soon came to a close and we bid each other goodbye, promising to keep in contact. They left in pairs or threes and soon, only I was left in the grand ballroom. I tried calling Key again but he still didn’t pick up and the call went to voicemail. ‘Oppa, please be alright. You’re not hurt somewhere right?’ I waited there by myself for another hour till it was midnight before calling him ten times in a row and he finally answered. I sighed in relief as I asked him, “Oppa, you’re okay right? How come you didn’t answer just now and why didn’t you come? I was waiting for you the whole time.” “I didn’t go because I changed my mind about marrying you. I’m sorry but I have decided not to get married. Life is short and I have much more important things that I want to do and dreams to accomplish. Even if it’s ten years later, I’m sure I still can find a wife so yeah. Sorry to disappoint. I got to go now, bye.” With that, the phone call ended with him cutting off the line first.

My hand holding the phone just dropped limply to my side as my brain tried to process what I just heard. Memories of the time we spent together flashed before my eyes and as I remembered our happy smiles back then. Tears swelled up in my eyes and they came running down my cheeks, smudging my makeup. My legs could not support my weight and I just collapsed onto the floor as the meaning of his words finally hit me. My heart felt as though it had been smashed broken and then pieced back together just to be shattered again. The pain I felt was like having someone cut a piece out of me. There was this missing piece in my life that I couldn’t comprehend and my tears flowed out uncontrollably. Countless questions appeared in my mind as I asked myself, ‘Why? Why?! How could he do something like that to me? I thought he truly loved me. What exactly did I do to make him treat me like that?!’ After some time of crying my heart out, I managed to compose myself and I dialed Onew oppa’s number and when he picked up, I barely managed to say “Can you come over now?” before a new surge of tears caused the rest of my tears to become incoherent. “Calm down _____. You’re still at the hotel right? I’ll come over right now so just stay where you are. Tell me what happened when I get there okay? Everything’ll be fine.” Upon hearing his soothing and assuring voice, my tears gradually stopped. He always had this weird calming effect on me. I waited for about ten minutes before he pushed about the doors of the ballroom and rushed my side. “_____! Are you okay? What happened to you?” He put an arm my shoulder and pulled my close, trying to comfort me. I slowly recounted everything that had happened and when he found about what Key had done, his body tensed up. “That bastard, I trusted him with you and he does this?! I’ll go kill him now!” I pulled on his hand to stop him from leaving. “It’s okay oppa. I feel much better now that you’re here. I’m feeling tired, can you bring me home?” “Yeah, sure. Let’s go then. The car’s just outside the hotel.” He helped me up held my hand, leading me to where he parked his car. As we reached the pavement outside the hotel’s main entrance, I slipped the ring off and took a last glance at it before throwing it onto the ground. ‘There’s no point in keeping it. He’s not gonna be part of my life anymore.’ With that, I got into the car and we drove off.

Key’s pov:

‘Damn that Onew, what does he think he’s doing holding her like that. But then again, she’s no longer my girlfriend. She probably hates me to the core now for doing that to her. I’m sorry, _____.’ I watched her every move and as she threw the ring I gave her onto the ground, my heart felt like it was being squeezed. Once they were gone, I stepped out from my hiding place and went to pick up the ring. I stared at the ring and it just reminded me of _____’s beauty. I slipped it into my pocket and got into my car. ‘_____, I promise I’ll be back for you. Just wait for me please.’

 

Yay! First chappie's up!:D It seems kind of boring to me... What do you'll think? Hope you enjoy readingit. Thanks to all of you who commented/subsribed.[: Comments appreciated.