Happy Birthday Taemin!

Miss me? 'Cause I'm Back To Steal Your Heart [HIATUS]

 Neodo machi butterfly, neomu yakhae ppajyeosseo

Neomu sunhae ppajyeosseo, neol gyeote dwoyagesseo

 

My pov

My phone alarm started ringing and Taemin’s voice filled my room. I shot my hand out from under the covers towards my bedside table to look for my phone.  THUD. I heard my phone drop onto the wood flooring and I groggily sat myself up and bent down to pick it up. I flipped my phone screen open and my eyes nearly popped out when I saw the notification on the screen – Taeminnie’s birthday TODAY!!! I let out a scream before throwing my covers aside and rushing to the kitchen to check if I had ingredients to bake a cake. I heaved a sigh of relief when I realized that I had everything I needed and began taking out things. When the mixture was ready, I poured it into the tin and put it in the oven, setting the timer with careful precision to make sure I took it out when it was done. I walked into my bathroom and took a quick shower while the cake was baking in the oven. I put on a pair of shorts and a loose shirt and matched it with my favourite pair of black heels. I was running my fingers through my hair and putting on some lip gloss when I heard the timer go off. I hurried to the kitchen and put on my mittens before taking out the cake and placing it on the rack to cool. I decided to call Kim unnie then and go shopping for a present since I was pretty sure the boys were still snoring away and had forgotten all about it.

“Unnie! It’s Taemin’s birthday today! Wanna go shopping for presents? … Okay then, I’ll see you there in an hour.” (The … is when you’re just listening:D) I got out the blue coloured icing and carefully squeezed on the tube while writing on the cake – Happy 18th birthday Minnie! Noona loves you! <3 I then placed the cake in a box and wrapped it up with a silky white ribbon and placed 1 big candle and 8 smaller ones in the carrier. I left my apartment with my bag on my shoulder and the cake in my hand and went to meet Kim at the shopping mall.

 

At the mall…

I gave Kim a tight hug when I saw her and we walked in with our arms linked. After walking into a few shops, we had already bought six presents for him. A white hoodie, a pair of shades with birthday candles on it, a notebook with a cover showing a raccoon, cow, frog, tiger and chicken, a dark blue beanie, a black vest and a headband with Mickey Mouse ears. We had the presents all wrapped up and put into a paper bag and we bought a card with SHINee printed on it. I borrowed a pen from the cashier and wrote a quick note inside – Happy birthday to you! Enjoy the presents, we bought the share of the others guys too. Remember your noonas forever! ~.^ We stuck a snapshot that we had taken earlier of both us making silly faces to the card and dropped it into the bag. It was already 12 so we headed over to their dorm carrying seven packages of lunch. Kim rang the doorbell and it was opened by Minho who still had his eyes half closed. We set all the bags down on the table before proceeding to wake all of them up. Taemin was in the bathroom washing up when Kim sat everyone down at the table. “Yah! I bet all of you guys forgot what day it is today. You all did right?” The four of them just looked up at her with questioning looks on their faces. Kim just clicked her tongue and shook her head at them, letting out a disappointed sigh. “It’s Taemin’s birthday for goodness sake. I didn’t know ‘cause I just knew him but what excuse do you guys have huh?” The guys eyes widened in shock and Minho suddenly burst out saying “What?! That’s today?!” Right at that moment, Taemin walked towards us while drying his hair with a towel and asked “What’s today?” Kim and I ran over to Taemin and hugged him from both sides while shouting happy birthday and proceeded to give him his presents. Taemin’s eyes welled up with tears as he managed to choke out a thank you to us. “I-I didn’t even remember it’s my birthday but you guys did. Thank you again! Noonas, you two are the best!” The rest of SHINee stood up and smiled sheepishly at him. “Mianhae Taemin-ah. We forgot that it’s your birthday. Forgive your hyungs?” Onew gave him puppy eyes, hoping that he wouldn’t get mad. Taemin laughed at their actions and told them that they were forgiven but they owed him one.

After lunch, I opened the cake box and put the candles in position, lighting them before I placed it in front of Taemin. We sang him a birthday song and let him cut the cake and then I distributed the pieces among the seven of us, giving the biggest slice to him. We were all done eating and just lazing around the living room when I turned to Taemin. “Minnie, I’ll be your genie for today. I’ll give you one wish so tell me what you want.” He thought for a little while and a mischievous grin appeared on his face. “I want to go to the club!” “But you’re underaged! You’re only allowed there next year…” “Noona, you promised.” Taemin whined and pouted at me. “Oh fine fine. We’ll sneak you in but on one condition, you’re not going to even have a sip of alcohol you hear me?” He nodded eagerly with a bright smile and ran to his room to find an outfit.

We decided to go for karaoke first since it was still too early to go to the club. It was a little awkward at first but once we started, we couldn’t stop and were even fighting with each other over the microphone. We ended up doing a lot of SHINee songs and those from girl groups as Key insisted on doing the dances.  We all got up at Ring Ding Dong and Gee to dance along and were making so much noise people could probably hear us three rooms away. When it was 7.30, we left the place to the nearby club called Just Dance. (Lame name I know XD)

 

TADAA! Here's the chapter!:D This doesn't really have anything to do with the plot, it's just kinda like a side chapter? I have stuff planned next that's linked to this though. This is dedicated to Taemin to celebrate his 18th birthday! I like the photo I put for this chapter, it's so cute. Taemin's the king!XD It's only a few hours away to the end of his birthday.): But Lucifer is gonna be released tomorrow!

Dear Taemin, if you ever see this and actually understand this, congratulations on turning 18! I'll always love you!<3 Hwaiting!

P.S. Please put on some weight and I love your long hair!^^