The Parents~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Donghae’s POV~

I stared at my phone in my hands, fearing what I was about to do. I looked at Siwon, who gulped at me.

“Ready?” I asked.

He nodded meekly. “I’ll go first.”

I nodded and watched him dial his parents’ number. After a few seconds, he said, “Hi, mom.”

I mouthed speaker and he nodded, clicking the speaker button.

“Hi, Siwon!” his mom greeted. “How’s everything going in Vietnam? Has Uki gone crazy yet from taking care of you guys?” I cringed at the happy laughter coming from the other end of the phone.

Siwon let out a heavy sigh and said, “Is dad there with you?”

Her tone immediately changed as she said, “Siwon, what’s wrong? What’s going on?”

“Mom, is dad there with you?” he repeated.

“Yes, yes, your father’s right here. Now tell us what’s going on!”

“Siwon, quit worrying your mother like that. What’s going on?! Is something wrong with Uki?! Did she get sick? In the hospital? What?!” I heard his dad jump in.

Siwon closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose, as he said, “Uki got kidnapped. Along with Alex.”

It was silent for a few seconds before his mom let out a sound crossed between a whimper and a cry. I frowned sadly at the thought of his parents worrying like that.

“Siwon, tell us what happened, right now,” his dad said calmly.

Siwon launched into the long explanation of what happened. Hearing him explain it all just reminded me of the fact that we really didn’t know much about what was going on. I found myself crying. Oh God. I quickly wiped away the tears when I heard his mom ask, “I-is Donghae there with you?”

I could tell she was crying. Ugh. I hate this! Our parents are suffering for something we let happen! “I-I’m here,” I said.

“I’m really sorry. It’s bad enough that you lost Uki, but it makes it about ten times worse that you also lost Alex,” she said.

I just smiled through my tears. Like mother like daughter. Always trying to make others feel better despite the fact that they were also suffering. “It’s okay. We’ll find them soon enough.”

“Siwon, your mother and I are going to catch the first flight out to Hanoi. What hotel are you staying at? We’ll be picking up Jiwon along the way, too,” his dad said.

Siwon bit his lip. “Do you really think that’s a good idea? Things didn’t end too well between her and Teukie and Heechul’s not too big a fan of her and you know how Heechul gets around people he doesn’t like.”

“Siwon, the boys can put up with her. Uki’s just as much Jiwon’s sister as she is yours, and she needs to be there, too.”

Siwon just sighed and agreed. “Call me when you get here. We’ll pick you from the airport.”

And that was the end of the phone call. Damn. It was relatively easy for him. Well now, let’s see how my phone call goes. I sighed and said, “My turn.” I anxiously called my mom and she picked up on the third ring.

“Donghae?” she greeted.

“Hey, mom,” I said, switching to speaker so Siwon could hear, too.

“Hi, sweetie! How are all the concerts going? How’s Alex? Has she gone crazy yet?” she asked with a laugh.

Why is it that both mine and Siwon’s parents immediately ask if our little sisters have gone crazy for staying with us? We’re not that intolerable, are we? O.O

“Um, yeah, about that…” I said, nervously scratching the back of my neck. “Mom, I’m not too sure how to say this, but, um, Alex was kidnapped along with Uki.”

Siwon gave me a look. “Really? Way to ease her into it, this guy!” he whispered fiercely.

I shrugged my shoulders, giving him a look. Why would I wanna beat around the bush for? I looked at my phone, realizing that I still had my mom on the phone.

“Mom?” I asked uncertainly.

“I’m catching the first flight out. Be prepared to pick me up from the airport when I call you. Donghwa will be coming with me, too,” she said emotionlessly. Then that was it.

I stared at the phone in shock. She really hung up on me?! WHAT?! I looked at Siwon.

“How did she take it so calmly?!” Siwon yelled.

“I have no idea!” I responded. How in the world?! “Well, okay, so that was a lot easier than I expected. What do we do now?”

Siwon bit his lip and sighed. “Now? Now we move onto something a bit more challenging. Now we tell the ELFs.”

~~~~

Now I know why they acted so calmly over the phone.

Because they wanted to wait until they actually got here to unleash all their anger!

“HOW CAN YOU LOSE YOUR LITTLE SISTER LIKE THAT?! SHE WAS HERE UNDER YOUR WATCH! THAT’S MY POOR BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY IS LOST SOMEWHERE IN THIS GODFORESAKEN CITY AND NOBODY IS DOING A DAMN THING ABOUT IT!” Siwon’s mom shrieked. Siwon was cringing in the driver’s seat, while I was also cringing in the passenger’s seat. She was so scary! O.O

Oh, but it wasn’t over quite yet. The moment she calmed down, my mom took over. “MY LITTLE GIRL IS OUT THERE! YOU SHOULD HAVE LET HER STAY IN SEOUL OR SENT HER AND UKI TO COME STAY WITH ME IN MOKPO! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU LOST MY POOR BABY! Aish, my poor Alex. Please, God, take care of my little girl and make sure that both she and Uki come back to us safely.” She started crying and I started crying.

She was right. I lost my little sister. AGAIN.

Ugh! I’m the worst older brother out there! At this point, as our parents raged, Siwon and I were floating in the same boat, sinking faster and faster. Funny how parents own this amazing talent to make you feel guilty about anything and everything, even if you didn’t intentionally do something. I looked in the rearview mirror to see Donghwa sitting there trying to calm my mother down and Jiwon sitting next to Donghwa, a weird expression directed out the window. She looked almost…Scared? Whaa? That’s not right. Somethin’s goin’ on here.

Why did she look so guilty of something?

Uki’s POV~

Somewhere in between Troy pinning me down and attacking my face with alcohol, me punching him in the face, me getting slapped for it by the monitor, and me getting into a fight with the monitor and pushing him down some stairs, Troy became the room’s new monitor. What more can I say about this?

Oh yeah.

Eff.

My.

Life.

 

Lol. So yeah. Sorry for the really short and ish chapter. I'm not really blocked, just kinda trying to fingure out exactly how I wanna go about this(x Pwehehe. So I'm thinking that I might be very close in breaking 100 maybe? o.o