Flashback continued;; Five Years Ago;; Siwon’s POV~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

“Uki!” Leeteuk yelled, a pleading look in his eyes. “Don’t worry about us, we’ll find a way to make it somehow. Worry about what you’re about to give up!”

“Uki, don’t be stupid,” I said, trying my best to persuade her not to give up this fantastic opportunity. “Don’t give up your job; you’ve worked too damn hard for it!”

“Uki, you’re a thirteen-year-old girl in a career position that most forty-year-olds can’t even achieve in their entire lifetime! Please, don’t give it up!” Leeteuk begged.

“Uki, please listen to them,” Kim Young-min pleaded.

“Listen to them?!” she exclaimed, anger sparked in her eyes. “If I were to listen to them I’d be the only person in this entire company who listens to any of the artists here! You guys don’t ever listen to any of their complaints about anything! So why should I be any different and listen to them now, when they’re speaking in your favor?!”

“Uki, this is a job that many people in South Korea would kill to have,” Lee Jong-in added.

“Good,” Uki said simply, “then you won’t have a problem finding someone to replace me.”

“Uki, that’s not what I meant!” he yelled.

Uki didn’t listen. She opened one of her drawers and pulled out a manila folder, the edges, a sad look in her eyes. Then she looked up and threw the folder on the desk. “Here are my resignation papers. I quit.”

“Uki!” Kim Young-min exclaimed. “Please, don’t do this! You’re one of the most brilliant advisors I’ve got!”

“You should have thought about that before you accused me of nepotism!” Uki yelled in response.

“Wait a minute,” Lee Soo-man said, finally making his voice heard. I swear, if he weren’t the founder of this company, I would have punched him in the face already. “How did you have these papers ready and everything? Unless…?”

“Unless what? I wanted to resign earlier?” Uki asked, her voice taking on a different edge. She let out a small laugh. “You’re right. I wanted to quit forever ago. And do you know why? Because you and all the rest of the executives for this company run one of the most horrible, unappreciative, andcorrupt companies in the entirety of South Korea! You may be one of the best, if not the best, and most powerful entertainment companies in the world, but you guys are horrible when it comes to the treatment of your employees.”

“We treat all our employees with respect and admiration!” Kim Young-Min defended.

“Respect? Admiration? HA! You don’t even know the meaning of those words, let alone the actions of them! I came into this company two years ago to simply pick up my brother to go home for Christmas, and one of your choreographers had the audacity to tell me otherwise! He was one of the most horrible choreographers I had ever met in my entire life. He told my brother there were no such things as holiday breaks for stars, he yelled at them for having shin splints, and I, an eleven-year-old girl at the time, had to go in and lecture the man about all the laws he was in violation of to win them a simple fifteen minute break! And he wasn’t even that good of a dancer! So if you honestly think that that was respect and admiration, I suggest you and my mother have a little discussion because I was taught a whooooole different definition of those words.”

“If you hated this company so much, why did you stay with us for so long then?!” Lee Soo-man asked angrily, obviously offended that he was being told off by this little girl that was barely even fourteen yet.

“Because I knew that if this company didn’t have a reasonable and clear-headed person in charge of something, then the recording artists and actors and actresses would be getting unfair treatment for the rest of their lives!” Uki yelled. Then she was completely fed up with their words. “I don’t want to hear another word about this because truth be told, I can go on for hours telling you all about the flaws of SM. Just take my resignation quietly, and let Super Junior debut like they deserve to.”

She grabbed her bag, her coat, and made her way around her desk to stop in front of Lee Soo-Man. “Oh, and as we’re making confessions, I’ll be the first to say that you’re one of the most horrible and unfit men to be the chairman of SM. You make horrible financial decisions, you treat your employees like crap, and you don’t know the meaning of the word respect. So all I have to say is that when someone comes back later in the future to sue this company because of your stupid decisions, because rest assured you, I know someone will, just know that I will be standing right beside them as their lawyer, defending them against you until the death of either me or this company.”

And with that final threat, she left the three men standing in front of her desk, mouth agape, some in shock and anger and others in regret and sadness. She paused and faced all of us, who were now crying at this point. A very sad look entered her eyes.

“I know you guys will make it big. Bigger than any other band to debut with this wretched company. And if you don’t, just know that I’ll be coming after every single one of you, because I’m giving up a lot to make your dreams happen, got it? And don’t forget me by the time you become super famous,” she said to us, slow tears falling steadily down her face.

“Uki, what are you gonna do from here?” Donghae asked, tears restricting any clear words from forming. “This job was the job of a lifetime. Especially made just for you!”

She sighed and smiled slightly. “I suppose I’ll go off and become that lawyer mommy and daddy always wanted. Someone from this company will need me at some point in the future, I know they will.”

I sniffed and stood, throwing my arm around my baby sister’s shoulders. “Let’s go home, Uki.”

She nodded at me and we walked out the door, followed by her other big brothers.

Two months later, on November 6, 2005, Super Junior 05 finally debuted.

And Uki was right, as usual.

We became a knockout sensation.