Hate Is a Strong Word~

The Emotional Roller Coaster I Call Life With Super Junior

Alex’s POV~

My eyebrows shot up at his ridiculous question. Hate Uki? When did I ever say a thing like that?! I don’t hate her so to speak. Feel a bit unappreciated around her? Feel a bit incompetent around her? Feel a bit inadequate around her? Yeah, maybe, but I don’t hate her. I mean, she took all the work load in the house, so I’m actually thankful for her. I don’t hate her!

“Why would you ask such a thing like that?! I don’t hate her! Maybe dislike her and envy her a little bit for being so dang perfect all the time, but I definitely don’t hate her. I mean…Hate is kind of a strong word,” I said uncertainly.

Siwon let out a sigh. “It’s kinda obvious to all that know you’re a girl.”

I hate that word.

Obvious.

Whatta stupid word! Because, hello! If it were obvious, I would have known about it! Duh! And where do these people get off making decisions about whom I hate for me? I think I’m perfectly capable of making that decision for myself, thank you. Aish, these guys.

“I don’t hate her. Yeah, I’m jealous, I’ll admit, but Uki’s just one of those people that you can’t hate unless she’s directly done something to you. And well, as much as I hate to say it, the stupid girl is freaking perfect! She’s sucha goody-goody, never doing anything wrong. So I’m just kinda waiting for her to slip up a little at this point just so I don’t have to feel so…Inadequate standing next to her anymore.”

He laughed at me and shook his head. “I head you guys had a day where you just went shopping? And you became her lawyering apprentice, Miss ‘Seohae?’”

I smiled a bit and said, “It was interesting actually seeing her be a lawyer before my very eyes. Quite scary to say the least. But I never thought Soo-man was sucha bad guy. I mean, he’s only the chairman, he can’t run the entire company by himself, can he?”

“He doesn’t,” Siwon responded, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders. “And he’s usually a very nice guy. He cares for trainees, he tries to make the best decisions, and he works hard to maintain an efficient company. I mean, he’s the head of one of the most powerful entertainment companies in the world. I’m pretty sure he knows what he’s doing. But that doesn’t excuse the fact that he’s horrible half the time.”

“What the heck! Why is he so mean to Uki then? And vice versa?” I asked. Now I was definitely confused.

“Apparently there was already bad tension between them back in the days when she first started working with SM. So I guess it’s a personal thing?”

“Pfsht. Uki would be the one to get herself into a personal grudge with the chairman of SM.”

He smiled and said, “Yeah, well, that’s Uki for ya’. What can ya’ do, ya’ know?”

I stood up, my arms crossed. “Do I really give off the vibe of hating her?”

He shrugged his shoulders and nodded reluctantly. “Well, yeah. But I mean it’s gotten a lot better recently. It’s just…”

“How come she doesn’t notice these things?”

“Uki’s one of those people who doesn’t believe in anything bad in the world. She believes that if she just closes her eyes, everything that’s bad will go away, especially when it comes to other people around her. That’s just how she is.”

I nodded. “I see.”

His expression changed for a moment. “You miss being a girl, don’t you?”

My brows raised in surprise. Is it just me, or is every single freaking Choi sibling just that intuitive? “Well…Yeah. I mean, I suppose it was okay at first, but then Uki came in and I see all her girly stuff in the bathroom as well as all the girly stuff in her room and although I was never really into all that stuff to begin with, I just miss it, ya’ know?”

Siwon nodded and walked out.

Just walked out.

That simple.

No explanation, no apology, no nothing.

Just walked out.

What the heck?! Like brother like sister, I freaking swear!

Siwon’s POV~

After Donghae and Leeteuk cried out every single tear in their system, they apologized to each other and finally hugged, showing everyone that the war was over…For now anyway. I walked up to them, saying that I needed to borrow Henry and Donghae for a moment. At first, they were reluctant to follow me, but then after I told them it was important, they slowly stood and followed. We quietly entered Donghae’s room to see Uki passed out on the bed, six different blankets piled on top of her. I went up to her and placed the back of my hand on her forehead. Yikes. Still burning up. I let out a sigh.

“Look at my little Uki,” Donghae said, staring at her sleeping figure affectionately.

“Hyung, treat her right, okay? From what I heard, you were a jerk back then,” Henry said.

Donghae frowned slightly and said, “Yeah, I know. You have no idea how much I regret it, though.” He let out a sigh and looked at me. “So what was this important thing you had to talk to us about?”

I looked straight at them. “I think it’s time Alex lets everyone know she’s a girl.”